Main Menu

Looking for a great solo spot at 70 for a non-raid beast

Started by Gunzak, April 06, 2005, 09:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

I finally hit level 70 after a huge amount of soloing in Grieg's End.  I am looking for a nice spot to get AA where there isn't too much downtime but takes 90min or less per AA.  I am non raid equiped, have no spells above 68 and only 60AA total. When I solo I use tribute 41% haste, regen 10, ft5, 70hp.   I don't care about loot while soloing.
I will soon finish a few more OoW quests and get the DoN 36% haste 10attack aug and will then replace tribute haste with more hp and something for more dps.  I also carry damage shield potions but rarely use them except in Riwwi.  Unfortunately I can solo for 2-3 hours at a time while lfg before I get an offer typically for DoN or WoS so soloing is about all I can typically do atm.
These are what I have tried so far.

Grieg's End - Easy kills but mostly lb.  Can kill about 30-40 per hour here if I go non stop and zone is empty.  Typically on single pulls I end up near full hp and mana unless fighting past gate then I end up around 90%.  Pretty sick of the zone after spending 68-70 almost exclusively here.

Riwwi - Mobs hit in the 300's and proc for up to 580.  Typically I can kill 5-6 mobs before I need to med 3-4 minutes.  Mobs give about 2% AA per kill.  If I could get my resists up then maybe a little faster from proc resists.  Main reason I come here is for the possibility of a tunic drop.  About 1 in 5 are lb here.

Bloodfields - Dragorns are lb here and pretty easy to kill.  Typically I can kill 10-11 before repops if no named pop in the cycle.  Mobs don't hit hard and are pretty easy.  Problem is I can't kill more then about 25-30 per hour.

Harbinger's Spire - Dragorns are lb and most toilers are db.  I can solo up to 3 dragorns at a time.  Problem is the same as Bloodfield with a small number of kills per hour and little exp per kill being lb.

Stillmoon Temple - Mobs don't hit too hard and aren't bad unless I get 2.  Problem is when mobs get low on hps.  I have had several trains here either from my mobs getting away or from other players.  About half went lb at 69 and havent come back since.

Plane of Nightmare - All lb till I cross river and head to Hedge.  Mobs are easy to kill but little exp per kill and can require a lot of heals if I get tagged for 300s to much.

Plane of Disease - Underbulks at bonewall are all db so far but can hit hard and some get a 900 point hit when I pull.  Can kill pretty quick but requires a lot of healing on some of the mobs.

Plane of Mischief - Mobs hit in the 350's and can require a lot of heals to kill.  Have found this zone to be unviable with current gear and AA.  Mobs just hit too hard and fast even when slowed.  Could just be bad luck so far.

Umbral Plains - Mobs have a large amount of hp but don't hit hard.  Have found GE to be much better then here.  I haven't come back since 69.

Crypt of Decay - I tried the entrance mobs but have been unable to get less then 2 per pull and with mobs hitting in the 400's and having huge number of slow resists I gave up here.

Plane of Valor - The bugs aren't too bad but can hit in the 300's.  Problem is they have a lot of hps and there arent many in the zone.  I can tank the other mobs here but without a healer they require way too much downtime to be worth it.

Nobles Causeway - The murks here kick my ass everytime unless I use most of my mana, defense disc and offense disc.  Gave up here.  May try again with 70 pet and a ton more AA.

Oneiromancer

Perhaps try some deep LoY zones.  Deep Torgiran Mines *might* be dark blue still at 70, same with Hate's Fury, although that's a real pain to get to unless you don't mind training there (mix of live and undead mobs on the way through Nadox).  If deep Torgiran is dark blue, then I recommend trying that.  If you do start caring about loot, can pop over to the room that drops the +1 mana regen neck piece and clear that every so often...that WILL be light blue though.

Plane of Hate has many tiers, and so higher up should be dark blue.  I always meant to go there but never got around to it, but others have said it's good.

From the Test patch notes, looks like Chardok B is going to be a Hot Spot next Live patch, so might want to head there early and scope it out.  Some people like to solo there, it is a pain to get to though.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Gunzak

I havent tried PoH since I was in a raid there mid 50s.  I'll have to go check it out.  Dont you need a wizard to port you in?

Rarrum

Believe theres an NPC in PoK somewhere that will port you there for a small cost, but I don't remember the details on it.

Gunzak

Went back to GE to test it out.  Killed 43 mobs in 60 minutes for 56%.  If I stayed in GE I am looking at near 2 hours per AA.  Problem was the vast majority were lb where at 69 the vast majority we db.  Big drop in AA exp from just one level.  May be better past gate but then I wont kill as fast so probly even itself out.  Also got the DoN haste aug so switched out tribute haste for Vengence 10.  Saw no increase in dps for the extra 67atk from Vengence.  Oh well.

Zanois

QuoteI havent tried PoH since I was in a raid there mid 50s.  I'll have to go check it out.  Dont you need a wizard to port you in?

There is an NPC right by the PoK book in Plane of Tranquility that will port you to hate, just hand her a hate stone.

Also have you tried the ascent for solo exp, 2-3% aa per solo mob, and fairly safe if you have hobble.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Khayden

I went to the Ascent last night to kill cats for the DoN progression task.

That seemed to be a decent solo spot to me, dark blue mobs that hit for 300ish... think I was getting 2% per kill roughly.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

DontPetBear

Quote from: Gunzak on April 06, 2005, 09:36:04 PM
Stillmoon Temple - Mobs don't hit too hard and aren't bad unless I get 2.  Problem is when mobs get low on hps.  I have had several trains here either from my mobs getting away or from other players.  About half went lb at 69 and havent come back since.

I've been soloing here off and on trying to get the IH 5 aug to drop.  Never seen the named pop though.  Trick is to cast annul 2-3 times on mobs.  That will take the sow off em, along with the hp/ac buff the clerics cast, and the ds from the mages.  Have to say the regular exp here seems pretty horrid solo at 66.  I do around 7 mobs a cycle and can barely see my bar move after 2-3 runs.

Nobles Causeway - The murks here kick my ass everytime unless I use most of my mana, defense disc and offense disc.  Gave up here.  May try again with 70 pet and a ton more AA..

I don't think anyone stands toe-toe with the murks, unless you have a healer with you.  I just kite them around like the necro's do.  Makes it alot easier with pet snare AA, but should still be doable without it.  Build up a litte hate with dots, incap and nukes then send in pet with taunt off.  They go down pretty quickly.  I'd go with 9, C6 if available due to the heavy mana usage with kiting.

I think you'll see a huge difference in downtime if you throw out the 70hp tribute and use Mana Pres. 5.  If i'm out soloing/grouping and don't have C, I kick it in and it helps a ton.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Zanois on April 07, 2005, 11:21:27 AM
QuoteI havent tried PoH since I was in a raid there mid 50s.  I'll have to go check it out.  Dont you need a wizard to port you in?

There is an NPC right by the PoK book in Plane of Tranquility that will port you to hate, just hand her a hate stone.

Of course to get back you need to have a Gate potion or Origin or some other porting method.  It's a one-way trip!

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dreead

Quote from: DontPetBear on April 07, 2005, 04:06:14 PM

I've been soloing here off and on trying to get the IH 5 aug to drop.  Never seen the named pop though.  Trick is to cast annul 2-3 times on mobs.  That will take the sow off em, along with the hp/ac buff the clerics cast, and the ds from the mages.  Have to say the regular exp here seems pretty horrid solo at 66.  I do around 7 mobs a cycle and can barely see my bar move after 2-3 runs.

Im curious as to which mob drops this aug? I've been very tempted to buy it with crystals. But if I can get it from a drop, all the better

Mahes

It's a named drake that spawns in the first on the two large open areas in the upper right part of Stillmoon.

I can't recall his exact name and Allah's is down at the moment.  I want to say it's Stonewing or something to that effect.

Basically, if you go into the first of those two areas and kill the drakes roaming it, he'll pop eventually.

Grbage

Only seen the named spawn once. Unfortunatly I was at 50% killing a mob on the death march when he started beating on my back. By the time I realized I had a named on me I was staring at my bind. Was mainly hitting me for 700ish so depending on your gear you may or may not want to see the named.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Shieara

I'll second to the notion to try PoHate.  Once you learn the zone pulls are pretty easy and usually single, and exp is still okay at 70.  I usually don't bother bringing any other buffs then my own though, lots of the mobs there dispel.

You can also try Inner Acrylia.  I went with a druid friend who was working on the DoN tradeskill tasks.     Mobs were a mix of light and dark blue and I don't remember them hitting too hard.  I didn't watch my exp though because we were just focusing on getting the kills done.

Veksar is still dark blue but you have to go pretty deep in the zone for it.  Dunno if that interests you at  all but I like Veksar since stuff doesn't run.

Shirrkarn Ayge

Mahes right.. named drake is called Stonewing. dropped IH5 aug twice in 6 kills
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Gunzak

Last night I got the haste DoN aug so I went 150hp, regen 10, ft 5, vengence 10.  Think I'll replace vengence with mana pres 5 since it was only 67 attack and saw zero benefit from it.  I have around 35,000 tribute so with current tribute active I should last for about 40-50 hours before I need to get more.  Even though GE isnt great experience its easy to get 5-10k in tribute every trip here by hunting all the named past the gate.
Thanks for all the replies.  Guess I'll need to try PoH or Acrylia Caverns.  Not having Hobble i'm gonna hold off on murks or DoN zones.
Once I max ND3 and PE1, 5aa banked atm,  im gonna be doing offensive AA's so hopefully my dps will increase enough where other spots become available.