Main Menu

Looking for a great solo spot at 70 for a non-raid beast

Started by Gunzak, April 06, 2005, 09:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knodey

QuoteI don't think anyone stands toe-toe with the murks, unless you have a healer with you.
murks aren't to hard but it takes a good amount of healinh in between boppin the mob :P 

Essant

The secret to being able to solo trash constantly for xp with no downtime is all in the lifetaps.

Droga is one of my favorite spots at the moment because it also has the added benefit of Dok faction which i want because a side project of mine is to also camp the Grand Loremaster for vocal chords, but aside from that its decent xp considering its solo and you can do it anytime day or night and is great for when groups are non existant.  Plat cash drops cant really be beat, theres no vendor loots to speak of to overflow your inventory except the occasional tier 3 gem, and the drops off the nameds are outstanding for tribute, or can even be sold occasionally for a little pocket cash.

But seriously, I -cant- stress enough the goodness that is lifetaps for the beastlord that likes to do everything (raid / group / solo) .. I never ever ever ever have to heal myself unless I pull 4-5 mobs down on me, and its the lifetaps + regen that usually keep me full health.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Grbage

/agree Essant

Just recently swapped my augs out for lifetap and it has made a lot of differnce to my health. I've had the healing aa for some time and decided I was dumb for not putting it to use. Don't regret that decision at all.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

kobe008

Shirrkarn Ayge

DoN  augs Deep Sky Stone ( evil camp ) proc life sap 2 - 125pt lifetap
                    Deepsky Stone ( good camp ) proc as above
SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Katonis

I can concur that the new lifetap augs with healing aa and spell crit aa do some really nice combat healing when you toss in weapon affinity.  I have noticed a huge difference with just one auged out weapon.  When ever I finish my epic Im going to toss another two don life tap augs in it too.  :-P

Kat

Grbage

aug's can be bought at both DoN and LDoN camps. Max is 125pt for DoN and 75pt for LDoN. Also they can drop off of some names. Seen a 75pt aug drop from Taskmaster in MPG.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Skratz

Only have 2 pieces of raid gear, and they are both under 110hp, so nothing major.
List of my fav spots to LFG as a non-raid bst:
Droga: good plat
Hate: good xp
GE: easy pulls
Lower AC: hard to get to
PoD Castle and bugs: easy to get to
BoT: easy to get to, have to heal.
Plan to go to ChardokB soon.  If you know the way you can train to the zone from the entrance.

They all have decent XP.  None of them compare to MPG/RSS xp, but something to do to kill time LFG.  I usually switch it up just so I don't get bored.  With the lifetap augs, Troll regen+baleful tunic, most of these places I never have to heal so i can use my mana for dps.
The 70 pet does not make that much of a difference in soloing, except maybe if you have high pet focus.

Can solo NC and WoS but way to mana unefficient. Often duo with a cleric/druid.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

For now Droga might be a good place to avoid. With the removal of fear caps and fear sticking a lot for max effect, death by fear in Droga I'm guessing is going to common.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

kharthai

Been in droga a fair bit since patches and haven't got feared.. my resists aren't too terrible so not sure if that makes a lot of the difference.  I get hit by a fire dot here and there, particularly if I'm pulling multiple casters.  It's still my favourite spot for easy soloing- plenty of tribute and a decent amount of plat.  I don't like GE anymore, but I spent an awful lot of time there in the 60's etc and I'm rather burnt out on the place.

Tried ChardokB shortly after it became a hotspot and the exp was fairly bad at 70.. a few hours later they brought down all the hotzones though, so perhaps they tinkered with the exp a bit, haven't gone back since.  I did try to pull Korocust's room and ended up with a kajillion adds from roamers and the like, was fairly amusing.

Gunzak

Where do you get the stones to zone into fear?  I checked all over PoT and couldnt find em.  According to Allahs they only are in Neriak where I am kos.

kharthai

You don't need stones to go to fear, you just jump in the portal in the feerrot(sp?).  If you mean hate, as far as I know neriak is the only place, though often on my server people will buy then and sell in the bazaar.  Either way, easiest thing to do is throw some plat in the shared bank, make a dark elf alt, and stock up.

Gunzak

I took a month off from eq and got an MPG invite yesterday.  Was about 2 hours for an AA.  We had a good tank but not enough dps for fast kills but was about 4% aa per kill.  Nice thing was I finally got a 69 rune so now have SA.  With a good MPG/DoN/RS group I can average an AA an hour or less where I get an AA about every 2 hours solo.

With the great drops from DoN I will probly spend most of my time soloing in GE while lfg for DoN and mpg/rs groups.  I also went evil when I started DoN and plan to switch to good so I will be able to solo a few AA while switching faction back.  Hopefully I will eventually be able to get the stat increase and AA from a DoN progression mission.

I still dont have hobble or many offensive AAs, since I took off a month, but I did finally get ND3 and PE1 before I took my break.

Shieara

Well, I tried Hate's Fury and the exp was pretty bad.  About 1/3 to 1/2 are light blue now.  I used to solo/duo here quite a bit so I know the zone well, and I was pulling about at max capacity.  Considering how long it takes to get there and the various annoyances involved (mix of live and dead mobs, etc.) this one is retired from my solo list for now.

Also tried ChardokB.  Exp was about the same as in HF, but it might have improved if I knew the zone better.  The other times I went there were to raid Korucust or whatever his name is, so I wasn't sure of the best spots to camp.  Anyways, at the beginng there were a lot of light blues, but as I went deeper into the castle thing they were mostly dark blue.  Also, I was only there an hour but got three named to spawn.  Drops seemed okay as far as selling goes.   I eventually died as somehow I ended up with like ten sarnaks beating the stuffing out of me.  Still don't know where they came from.  I probably will be going back, but more to explore then to exp.  Seemed like an interesting zone.