Main Menu

Will Beastlords be able to bear the burden?

Started by Vidyne, April 07, 2005, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Thanks Khayen I had missed that bit, its just ive seen this exact style of post on EQforums with same arguments so it sounded to shamanistic.

Chadoe

This has been said a ton, but next time your online do a /who all shaman lfg
No cross of the ones standing in line for raid invites....

On TP it is VERY rare to see shaman lfg for any extended time periods, where as Beastlords stand around for hours ;(
link=www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=346857] Chadoe--Lvl 70 Beast---Tholuxe Pales

Fugitmori Chafftail 54 Warrior--member of Acropolis
The spirit is immeasurable.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Oiingo

I also slow at every raid I attend.  I generally only get them to land on trash adds during encounters, but it dosen't mean I don't try on the boss mobs.  This applies to all of our current targets, from Txevu through higher end OoW (including Anguish).

If you've got a slow, use it.  Don't know how y'all manage to land slows on stuff like Quarm, King and Queen in Riftseekers, etc, though.  Mine do nothing but bounce.  Same with the prince and princess adds, as well, as an example.

Can't wait for the new modified slow.  I'll be a happy troll.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

As things currently stand, our slow has the SAME chance of landing as the shaman Turgur's or the enchanters Forlorn Deeds. (The shaman Balance of Nihil has a small edge, but I don't know many who have it. And of course only shaman have a disease slow.) Shaman and Enchanters are better slowers in groups because they can debuff (malo/tash) before slowing. But in raid situations, we simply make use of the shamans malo to land our slow.

On serious names, usually nobody slows until the tank has engaged. If you screw up positioning, you deserve to be yelled at. Hold off a few seconds to let the shaman get their malo started, and watch the messages so you know if someone else has landed slow.

On trash, we can slow on pull anything we can safely tank for a few seconds. Shamen follow the same rules of course...they just can't tank as well. Remember, once your pet is on it, you can usually back out to help the tank establish aggro. But its up to us to adjust our habits to the ability of the tank...we are perfectly capable of holding aggro over many warriors if we don't show some restraint.

seizelia

not trying to get into a peeing contest, but trash mobs we pull in Inktu`ta hit for about 900+quad even with 1860+ ac so if you steal aggro from tanks they have no chance to get it back and as far as slows landing as much as shaman and enc , i wish that was the case for me maybe im doing something wrong but if i get one resist i have pulled aggro away from the tanks on mob inc and then bang, im dead before clerics can switch from the 14-16k hp raid tank to the 12k beast for heals. I talked to shamans in guild while we raided time and they said that they are a bit upset with chanters getting a new slow spell and they didnt in god but that was about it from them they are much more pissed about the panther nerf atm than about any slow spell from what we discussed.

All i can say is that im in a Txevu flagged guild and we have 7 main shamans and 9 main chanters raiding, most raids its 3-5 sham and about the same encs so there is no reason or desire for me to replace a nasty dot or big nuke with a slow that is gonna bounce over 75% of the time and get me killed.  If you like slowing then by all means go ahead i just dont consider it to be productive unless your tanks can overwrite your aggro in a hurry the bigger mobs are gonna thrash you so fast it isnt funny

Nusa

You're on a taller hill than me, so no way I could win that peeing contest. My guild is working on getting people flagged for Qvic, now that we've conquered Time. Maybe in a few months.

But you said something else intriguing. Enchanters got a new slow in GoD? I know shamans got one (Balance of the Nihil), but I thought enchanters got another mez (Bliss of the Nihil). Did I miss something?

NunnyaBiz

All this pissing and moaning is completely unfounded as everyone has clearly pointed out, Leopard was WAY overpowered the way it was, unfortunately because of that spell which will now almost never be cast on my pet, my pet gets his proc rate altered to compensate for the slight possibility he may ever get it again.  If anyone has a right to moan it would be Pet classes.

Shamans got outstanding spell upgrades in GOD/OoW, meanwhile Beast got nothing upgrade wise but Pets. Most of our spells were actually downgrades.
Now to try and make up for getting screwed between 65-70 we are getting a heal equal to a rangers which we were supposed to have anyway, and at lvl 69 you get Growl of Panther IF you get DON and do the progression which there is no reason not to as its rather easy.

Complaining because we (bst) are getting a slightly less resisted slow which is still nowhere near as nice as a Shamans slow is whining just to hear yourself whine.
It also shows little to no comprehension of how this can help your class instead of being something to cry about.
I always "preslow" virtually every damn mob that comes in so that Shamans & Enchanters & Healers get less aggro and when tanks taunt it take my aggro thus giving them more solid control quicker, get a few secs less full bore damage taken, plus it raises me on the mobs hate list so that on the chance a softbody gets aggro I have a better chance to get aggro off of them quicker, this helps both Shamans/Enchanters/& healers do their job more efficiently.

Why cry about a beast getting a better heal that we were supposed to get anyway? Especially since it is nowhere close to as good as Shamans heals 1800hp heal with chance of 3600hp crits along with the best HOT in the game, (Add focus & AAs for both of those and you have rather decent healing) and they are crying because a Beast gets a 1165hp heal?  a better heal that BTW might just SAVE your whining ass in a pinch?
Need to get a grip, this is one of the first and only times in the 6 years Iv been playing this game where I can safely agree that Yep that's just WAY overpowering and needs to be adjusted, (Leopard).

Shamans have absolutely ZERO to complain about, if any leave because of this then good riddance.

QuoteSpirit of the Panther and Spirit of the Leopard have been modified. NPCs were able to trigger the effects of these spells at a much higher rate then players. The rate of NPCs triggering these effects has been lowered to match PCs. Additionally, the base damage of the effect has been lowered, and the spell will now only land on PCs and pets that are a part of your group.

Unless Im reading/understanding this wrong seems to me that they have left the casting time the same just lowered the poc rate on pets and & lowered the base damage, plus can only cast on group members.
Now there is really nothing to moan about.

Grimwill

"Unless Im reading/understanding this wrong seems to me that they have left the casting time the same just lowered the poc rate on pets and & lowered the base damage, plus can only cast on group members.
Now there is really nothing to moan about."

Um, wow, what would it take for you to complain?  They reduced the damage 25%, cut the pet dmg 50-75% and made it basically useless on raids.  How bout if they reduced BL nukes 25%, cut your pet proc dmg in half and made Paragon Group only?  Thats about the equivalent of what they did to this spell.  Yeah the pet proc rate was too high and the DPS potential was probably a bit much, but they went overboard with the nerf-factor.

Firriann

the spell was overpowered. yes. now, it's a pure piece of ****. they triple nerfed the spell, as grim said, made it totally useless on raids (how often do you see a pure dps group on AE heavy raids?), increased the recast so much that it's barely castable on more then  2 persons if you dont have focii extensions/AAs, pets now dont make the spell any good...
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Siek

Just to clear things up, our pets should be proc'ing the same as always.  They just moved the proc rate from being an innate ability of the pet (and thus affecting all proc spells) to being part of the our Pet Proc Buff.  All of our "Spirit of _____" got this line added to them:

04-12 13:05 Changed Base2_1 from 0 to 150

Which should in theory keep them doing their normal procs as often as they always have before the change.

I for one, however, will be checking some parses to make sure since with this big of a change it would be easy for them to have overlooked something....
Feralkin Siek - 70 Iksar Wildblood
<Unbroken Spirits> - The Tribunal

Jkal_Shihar

I still think they shouldve just made it PC only. No pets. Then really who are you nerfing?.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Essant

QuoteBeasts would take over slowing(slowing on inc) on raids because enchanters need to mezz mobs first, worry about slowing later

Not with MY dps I wont be.  Are you kidding?  If I go full boar on a mob as it is, I stand a darn good chance of yanking agro off of a tank.  If I slow, its not only guaranteed that I will, but I better hope to God I slow at a time when something like Bazu Bellow is up and refreshed so the tanks got a chance to yank it off me again.

A shaman makes an amazing partner to a beastlord, we dont replace them.  Atk buffs, hp buffs that are better than mine, better slows .. it free's up a lot in my profile that I can then use to put out even MORE dps.  A shaman has to work hard to have fun, but one that is willing to and can is truely an amazing shaman to play with - and I have known some pretty spirited shaman.  I think *some* shaman quit their mains simply because they are bored with them, and if you arent agressive with how you play one, I can definitely see how that would be boring.

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!