Crystal Caverns 25-35
Solusek's Eye 25-45
Katta Castellum 30-60
Lower Guk 35-55
Nagafen's Lair 40-55
Umbral Plains 50-60

Please Sticky

danaconda

Figures. I was leveling my cleric in Katta trying to catch him up quickly to the necro for LDoN grouping range. Now that I'm done (last weekend) they make it a hot spot  :evil: . Guess I was the one keeping it from being unpopulated  :lol: .
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Oneiromancer

Anything in Katta or Umbral still worth hunting for a level 68?  i.e. dark blue?  Have only been in those zones a few times, and at lower level too.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

Should be plenty db in Umbral, but probably nothing in Katta.

My feeling is that the various caves would be best, I never much liked the  roaming mobs in the middle of the zone.

Vidyne

Umbral is decent, while nothing as good as GE was with bonus, its still ok.

And for that matter, GE is still great, almost equal to Umbral WITH the bonus, but slightly worse.

Nekokirei

Quote from: Vidyne on December 16, 2004, 02:33:22 AM
Umbral is decent, while nothing as good as GE was with bonus, its still ok.

And for that matter, GE is still great, almost equal to Umbral WITH the bonus, but slightly worse.

Good gawd do the UP mobs have enough hp, ac, and mr?  I could land Slow  on first cast most of the time--not that it seemed to matter to the naked eye-- but Malaria and VotS would rarely take.

Wasn't impressed w/UP xp.  We had a full group of 55s.  Pretty equal share of xp I'd think.  We pulled white/yellow/db mobs the entire time.  Think I averaged maybe 22% an hour.  I do 21% soloiing Lady Di or Armoury, so eh, nothing I'm thrilled about but! Plat split was pretty darned good and nice drops--got a nifty rapier for my baby SHD, Cleric got Moktor arm gear.  Unless my guild just has to have me in a UP group, will like stick w/Lady Di.  Nurga is out until I get some FR AAs or something.  Been feared too much and tired of CRs. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Hereki

You need magic resist to resist fear.  Before Omens release, I always resisted fear in Nurga, if indeed it was ever cast on me.  Since then, it has landed a couple of times, but broke very quickly.

Buff yourself with your MR buff.  At 60 you get Savagery (costs a peridot, but you can easily make that up in Nurga), and at 65 Ferocity.  Both increase your resists substantially.  If you can get MR over 100, fear will not land very often; over 200, and it should in principle never land.

With a stunning pet proc, plus some mage proc weapons, that should also cut down on casters getting spells off; another trick is to fight casters on the same side as your pet, so that push combines, and gives slightly more interrupts.

Prelgor

Quote from: Nekokirei on December 20, 2004, 06:32:57 PM

Nurga is out until I get some FR AAs or something.  Been feared too much and tired of CRs. =)

I'll second the admonition to up your magic resist!  I thought I was doing pretty well, hunting in Dulak, keeping up all the important buffs with KEI, but I was getting whomped in Nurga every time I met a necro.  My solo career there was 0 for 2 for zone-ins without a CR. 

Well, one buff I was skipping was the level 39 Endure Magic.  It's only +20 MR, but as was pointed out to me in another thread, it makes a big difference.  Buffed, my MR is now a little over 100, and I rarely get feared anymore.  For reference, I'm now level 57 and hunting from Remmy's room (up the falls) down the hall to the big room, in Tier C.  If fear lands at all, it rarely sticks for long.  Of course ,the layout is more forgiving too - I can generally pull singles to isolated spots.  In Tier B, this is a bit trickier to pull off, especially if you get several casters spawning next to each other.  I do believe that Tier B is harder than Tier C, simply due to layout, but I'm digressing into a Nurga discussion. :)  Oh, and pop your Resistant discipline just before you engage a caster - it lasts a nice long time, enough for several fights.  I was forgetting that one too... 

I believe that, in the mid-late 50's, we are now entering that part of the game where you stop ignoring your resist stats. :) 

Dakat

Re rolled another cleric on a different account. I've been following this hotzone list exculsively.

I have 5hrs of game time on the character as of this morning and is already level 19. I'm currently hunting in Unrest, which I intend to move out of once majority of mobs turn white/blue.