Main Menu

3 accounts, one computer, nostromo question

Started by bark, April 14, 2005, 04:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bark

I'm using 3 accounts on one computer right now using wineq (all from one eq game directory), but I'm finding it a bit more of a chore than I thought I would. I'm thinking of buying one of those Nostromo things, as it looks like it's just what I need. I'm wondering though, if I'm going to be able to have a different nostromo profile loaded for each account. IE. will the driver be able to tell which instance is in the foreground and which profile to use for that instance?

I think it'll still be a handy toy without this functionality, but if I can have a separate profile for each account I will be really, really happy.

Unfortunately, my hopes are not up.

Anybody have any experience with this?

lanlaor

I have not found a way to do that.  I do have 3 accounts on a 2nd pc and when I hit the 1 key i have it macroed to go to each screen and hit the 1 key on all the eq windows .. etc etc.

darury

Quote from: bark on April 14, 2005, 04:25:24 PM
I'm wondering though, if I'm going to be able to have a different nostromo profile loaded for each account. IE. will the driver be able to tell which instance is in the foreground and which profile to use for that instance?

The closest thing you could do is setup the N52's 3 rows of keys for a different profile.  The software just automatically uses the foreground application.  If you run notepad as the primary app, it will happily hit way whatever keystrokes you have.

One HUGE benefit I've found is I no longer accidently drop invis in bad spots while using it.  I've got several keys setup to hit Ctl-Alt-2, hit a hotkey for casting (such as 2 DoTs from the druid), the switch back to the primary session.  The nice part is the druid is only starting the macro, but I'm already back to my cleric's main screen.
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard