Main Menu

Nedaria's Landing

Started by Rabith, January 09, 2004, 02:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabith

Having just recently dinged 39 with Rabith, I thought i would let everyone else in on the fun of this little-known zone. All the roaming animals here except griffins are nonKOS to bst's, with most conning amiable. I found it too late to really benefit from the wandering mobs, most of which were green to light blue. However, there is a cave system (basically 2 rooms connected by a tunnel) housing 8 static bear spawns, which conned dark blue consistently until 38, and most stayed DB until 39.

As amiable cons, there was no social aggro, so i could kill one right in front of his buddy, heal up/med right at the feet of my next target, then go at it with no worries of adds. The only quirk of this place is the bugged pathing in the second room, mobs (and your pet) warp when aggroed. The nice thing about it though, is the fact that the mobs don't flee at low health, but stand there as if snared(second room only, first room pathing is normal). I'm not sure how long that will last, eventually the pathing will be fixed when enough people find out about it.

The pro's to this place?
Friendly mobs, other than serene griffins.
Lots of pelts dropping here, i came here at 35, left at 39 with 2 backpacks of bear pelts, over 35 of them HQ for my tailoring  :D  
Very quiet, no annoying /ooc and /shout chatter.
Few other people here, usually I was alone in the zone. (that's a plus to me, your mileage may vary :p
Easily accessed from LDON camps, Magus will punt you there now.
If you don't have LDON, you can reach Nedaria's Landing from Jaggedpine, the zone-in is behind the waterfall in good gnoll caves.

Con's?
Few people, so if you like to group, BYOG.
If you're not a treehugging ranger/drood, or a wonderful Beastlord  8)  , most of the animals here will aggro, even at higher levels, which gets annoying after 5 or 6 griffs want to play, heh.
Very little loot other than pelts, or the occasional quest piece.
The quests.......pretty much "collect 4 xxx items, and i'll give you some change ( up to several pp for me) and i'll tell you some wayfarer stories *yawn* I hardly call one or two lines a story.
Most people have no clue where nedaria's even IS, so you get lots of annoying questions asking you where the heck you are  :o
Rabith Dreadhunter - Patriarch of Cabilis
Korrath Fearsthrall - Reaver of Greenmist

.....and other assorted characters on Prexus

Kylaz

Another pro of this zone is that it has really beautiful scenery, and is very relaxing after you spent too much time in paludal...
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Zorthar

Are the caves as laggy as the other parts of the zone? I went there to look around and had to leave because it was too laggy to move.

If not I will have to go there and try it out.

Gorgias

I spent 25-30 here hunting the critters near the JPF zone.  Very decent xp for those levels, with the added bonus of largely having the zone to myself.  I'll have to try those bears now that I've hit 33.

Gorgias

I spent 25-30 here hunting the critters near the JPF zone.  Very decent xp for those levels, with the added bonus of largely having the zone to myself.  I'll have to try those bears now that I've hit 33.

Rabith

I didn't really experience a huge amount of lag, and I'm running on a prehistoric comp, bu the caves did seem normal to me, very little in them other than a cart and some torches. And of course, our bears :)

Also, if i failed to mention it, the caves are along the river, between the beach and the cliff, just past the mill.
Rabith Dreadhunter - Patriarch of Cabilis
Korrath Fearsthrall - Reaver of Greenmist

.....and other assorted characters on Prexus

NoxCruor

On EQAtlas' map of Jaggedpine, which camp is the "good" gnolls camp?  When I am able to play again, I will definately check this out.  Thanks for the info!
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Hereki

They mean the Brell Anchorite gnolls; these are at the middle east of the zone in a cave, which is where the Black Burrow portal takes you to.

Zorthar

I will have to try this out, I have gotten bored of DSP.

mac173

Quote from: RabithEasily accessed from LDON camps, Magus will punt you there now.

I tried that last night, and the Magus did not have this as one of the options, and did not respond to the name.

Do you have to have pre-ordered GoD to get this access?

Just Dinged 38, and I want to get out of DSP to make 39.

Hereki

You don't need GoD to get Nedaria's Landing.  Only one of the Maguses will send you there; I don't know which one it is.

mac173

I found it, Its the Magus in East Commonlands.

Beautiful zone, the graphics were almost too intence for my measly 32 meg video card. I found that angling the view down a little helped a lot.

All the mobs in the zone coned green to me except the grifawns. They conned dark blue, and are underconned. They consistantly hit me for between 50 and 60 (75% of the time) By the time I could kill them I was down from 100% to 60%. I could only do 2 mobs before having to heal and med. I have 630 ac and 987 hp buffed. Maybe I'm overdue for armour upgrades, but I could kill 6 to 10 dark blues in DSP before having to heal and med.

The Grifawns are Social, so pull carefully. I set up a Hot Key marked EVAC with /say East Commonlands in it, and ran to the Magus to avoid dieing when I got adds.

GurBur

Lol Mac I did the same thing with the hot key.  The wolves are social too.  So if you are between 25 and 30 be careful on pulling the wolves.  Also there is a Wayfarer Scout (he is in the middle of the docks towards the buildings) if you hail him he well warp you to the different parts of the zone that are joining to another zone.  At level thirty there were some griffins and panthers that conned yellow on up.  

Almost everything drops some kind of no drop item at some point.  If you collect four of the no drop items you can turn in the appropriate quest giver they will give  you some xp and coins.  Although post of them have taken off since the last patch as the left with the huge boats in the harbor that were being built.

I never did pull any panthers to see if they where social but they did con dubiously.  

Definitely a good change once you hit your mid twenties and maybe even earlier.  I was normally the only one there and have several Low to High quality pelts in the bank for tailoring.

Darkov

35-39
Did this is a day of playing, so about eight hours, just in the bear cave. Stayed till 39 cause I had a load of summoned stuff on my pet and wasn't about to go scrounging for it again when I got new pet at 39 anyways.

Much better exp than DSP, much faster, mobs are weaker and no agro to speak of. Never saw a griffawn in all my time there, but then once I got to the cave I only left when foolish enough to engage with too low health.

Quite easy to clear all eight spawns before med/heal was needed.

Kudos for Rabith for finding this gem of a zone, was alone for most of those eight hours.. and when someone did turn up, it usually meant free buffs from some high level toon :)
Darkov
"Balance is perception, I pity the blind"
Siora 50 Bst - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=567199

Zakhrin

I will definitely check this out this weekend with my Beastlord if I can't find some Hard LdoN action with my main. Last night I messed around and went to the area that surrounds the Cazic Thule entrance. It went good, I used proximity agro to pull singles, until I got a little too daring and got a 5 pull. I appreciate your tip for hunting here, it will be nice to get a chance to go somewhere where I can get guaranteed single pulls.
Orantius – Beastlord of the 30th Order
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1024594
Zakhrin – Enchanter of the 65th Rune