Main Menu

State of the Beastlord (as I see it)

Started by Thurman, April 18, 2005, 09:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurman

Not sure how many of you remember me or have kept tabs on my progress.  But I'm one of those former "bitter" classes who decided I wanted to re-roll with a beast as my new main.  I quit my level 66 Monk and started from scratch with a beast.  Well I have now nearly caught my monk in levels and aa's and gear. 

Playing the class as long as I have now has given me better perspective on it obviously.  First off let me just say, I'm much happier playing the game as a beast.  Maybe it's just my playing style, or maybe I was just burned out on pulling so much as a monk... whatever it is I'm happier and having funner. 

At first, like many others I believed Beast Lords were overpowered, that's why I wanted to be one.  Now that I'm reaching higher levels and grouping with some truly powerful players occassionally, I don't think Beasts are overpowered any more.  However as a former outsider I do understand why that perception of us does exist.  We ARE a good class, and very versatile.  Groups are happy when I show up for my mana regen, buffs, dps and of course slowing all in one.  Groups were never happy to see the monk show up.  Overall I do believe we're balanced, about right for the most part.  We're what a class should be.  And wether you agree or not, there are some classes that aren't.  Classes like Berzerkers, Rangers and Monks truly get the crap end of things as being mostly useless trash dps classes. 

Pre-GoD and OoW I do think Shaman's had some legitimate complaints.  We really were almost as valuable as them from a casting prespective, and out-dps'd them a lot.  Well Shammies have had MAJOR upgrades and are once again one of the holy-trinity power classes that they wanted to be.  Beastlords got virtually none of the same upgrading during that phase.

I suppose the point of this post is just to say I love my Beastlord and am very happy with the class.  Are there some changes I'd like to see?  Sure, we need some things here and there to help.  Overall we're a solid class tho. 

The other point, are whiney classes annoying?  Sure.  But they do have some legitimate complaints.  There are a handfull of classes in the game that sony really seems to not care about.  To them Beastlords look like gods because we're a smooth running, well thought out class.  But compared to other high-end classes, honestly we're a solid but not overpowered class in the middle of the pack.

For those people who believe we're overpowered, stop flaming about it, make one and find out for yourself.  That's exactly what I did.  And I am glad I did it and love the beast class!