Main Menu

Corinav being a pain - ideas pls

Started by jitathab, April 18, 2005, 10:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

After several attempts on Corinav we have got the inital waves and named down, however we have probs on the Squid due to his adds.

Anyone have any good ideas how to get rid of the adds leaving the squid alone so we can kill him unmolested?

We can get squid down to 25-40% before we are mostly all dead, with a 3 day timer this is a very annoying script :/ FR is easily pwned, RC first time, Xegony took 3 goes. Cori had 3 serious attempts but this last bit of the adds is killing us. Last attempt engaged Cori at 10 min 20.

Any help would be appreciated or ideas, or what classes to use to get rid of or AE adds etc.

Khayden

Send a bard in using an ae and then DA to aggro them all into one big train.

Then send in warriors.  Warriors go AE taunt and furious in sequence.

Really tho, Coirnav has bugger all hitpoints, you should only need 45 seconds tops to kill him once your DPS is in his pen.  If you're taking longer than that I'd say it was a DPS problem rather than a add control one, the adds in that fight aren't meant to be controlled other than in the most rudimentary fashion.

Good luck.  Coirnav = my favourite PoP encounter of all of them.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

jitathab

Thanks will try it, we were kinda thinking about that route and sent a bard in last time, but bard died somehow..

Hopefully get another shot on Thursday, will let you know :)

jitathab

ok we killed the squid :)

I think the problem came down to loosing too many wizards on the named the last attempt, coupled with the bad luck on bard dieing to ealry.

This time did it no probs, 50 peeps got Time flags finished.

At last.

Khayden

Congratulations.  We've been in Time for about 2 months now and it's great fun.  Working on Ikkinz is enjoyable too.

Well done!

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous

Katonis

Gratz on downing the squid.  The sad part about Ikkizz 1 and 2 was all the rotting ranger blades, chain tunics, and 2hb.  Ikk 3/4 and Uqua still make me want to smack whomever thought they were fun repeatedly. :P

Kat

Khayden

Ikk1 and 2 were quite simple and we had ranger swords near rot after the second run through ikk1, aegis of blackscales looks like the fungus clump of ikk2 to me.  The itemization sucks hard, you'd think they could have a bit more variation.

We did Ikk3 for the first time last night, took us a while to figure out the Vrex room and it was quite frustrating.  We certainly won't be farming that one, I'd nearly torn out hair by the end while praying we didn't get the zerker emote.  Ikk4 sounds like a random luck game so I'm sure we'll end up hating that appropriately :)

But, I like the high dps mobs that scare the living bejeesus out of you and kill you in 2 rounds if you forget to disc, and I like the scripts like ikk3 that are way more varied than PoP.  I have to be significantly more careful in Ikkinz than I do in PoTime, none of the trash or minis in there are particularly scarey.  Time was quite a bit easier than expected, we killed every mob first time we tried them except TZ, Inny and Quarm.  Still enjoy raiding it though and obviously coming at Time with level 70 and some GoD/OOW gear has made it alot easier for us than it was for many.  The Time RvR is fantastic and it's very satisfying to think back through the nightmare of PoP flagging while Quarm is dying for the first time.

Khayden
Khayden
Bertoxxulous