Main Menu

OMG the Pyrilen Vengeance!

Started by Bengali, April 22, 2005, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

Zajeer's on a tear with the fire focus effects on high-end leather.  It's crazy. :)

If these items have to have DD focus, it should be Gelidran Vengeance since at least that way both classes could use it.  However, Pyrilen Vengeance isn't a DD focus specifically (it works on all fire based damage spells, even DoTs) but it's not like we have any cold DoTs (although maybe we should, instead of disease)

Of course, I don't think all this stuff has to have DD focus effects.  Could be a DoT focus (generic, for both druids and beastlords), heal focus, buff extension, beneficial spell haste ....
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mahes

Seconded, thirded, and fourtheded or whatever.

I've tried posting about it in other focus discussion threads on EQLive, in some BST thread theres, and even PM'n Zajeer (which I realize they risk accumulating stalkers by replying to, but still..), and have heard not one word.

Between the lack of healing focuses in the higher end for us, the complete lack of beneficial spell haste, no real buff extension past the MPG/Txevu level, etc. etc. and this, it's frustrating.

I'm not sure what my Pyrilen Vengeance is up to now, but the Anguish/Tacvi profile I made for kicks a while back had 6...

I don't have many complaints about the class at all, but if I've ever felt completely looked over on any subject as a beastlord, it's this.  The thread I made with High End loot just drives it home.  We have the majority of the other focuses covered, some more sparingly than others, but are still missing some key ones and overburdened with this Fire junk.

Nimbin

I'm suprised how often people have mentioned itemization on the EQ live forums and received a resulting change.  Perhaps put together a nice little thread and post it over there.  Seems to work quite often. 

Mahes just posted before me so, mine sounds dumb.

Mahes

Yeah, I guess starting one isntead of adding on might help...it's just a matter of where then.  If it's in Veteran's Lounge where most go, it'll just be spammed with junk or looked over.  If it's in the BST forum...well I'm not sure I've seen a dev ever post there.

Have to dig through some item links and see what I can find, then figure the other part out and post it.

Mahes

Posted a little sumpin sumpin here: The Man's Board, Man

I put it in the BST area because I know the halfings read it at least and maybe one will foraward it on.

P.S.  You smiting bastards will have to go there to one-star me.  Buahaha.

Bengali

Well done.  I'll go post my thoughts when I have time. :)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Firriann

nicely done mahes. been holding out on my current tunic instead of going for the kess's one due to the focus =x would be nice if devs listened.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Katonis

The really silly thing of it is for a raiding beastlord that mainly hits Anguish, Tacvi, and DoN there are only five ice focus I know of. The Tacvi range idol(40)), the Yarlil mask(50), our Epic 2.0(40), the Sorrowmourn Stone(45), and the Savagesoul leggings(45). I .  I would need to go look them up but it seem there are twice that many fire focuses.  The druids in my guild I talk have noticed this as well.  It seems like it would fair to ask some of the fire focuses be made into an range of ice ones.   Is it really so much to ask?

As far as other beneficial and detrimental mana preservation, and beneficial and detrimental spell haste, I have opted to keep using my Quarm neck and wrist till I can find someway to replace these.  These focuses are just to good to give up.

Kat

jitathab

Hulcor drops an Ancient Dragorn earring which has an ice effect, though also drops a much better wrist item - that is Pyrellian :/

Katonis

Hulcror earring is only a 30 percent focus though. =/  At least the epic 2.0 is a 40.

Kat