Main Menu

Gem of the Void

Started by Zorthar, January 09, 2004, 03:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthar

I hated camping this I was expecting a short camp of maybe an hour of killing the Xi ----- for my 2 gems of the void, but what I got was a 4 hours suckfest of stress and death of not getting my gems.

I did this camp with my 61 mage, and switched over to the beastlord when I got a gem.

At first I started with KEI and maybe after the 2nd hour it faded cause it was slightly old, then I went on for maybe 30 mins without a KEI and decided to ooc for an enchanter, I ooc and get a VoQ and donate like 15 swirling shadows, and log to come back later.  Little did I know on the way back to my camp, I am invis and a cleric Xi decides to aggro me and for the first and only time of the night cast dispell, Bye Bye Invis, VoQ and Phantasmal Protection.  This is where I ended up getting pissed.

But finally I got the 2 gems after 4hours + of camping, add ME to the list of zones I will never go back to again, along with the grey from acrylia.

/fume

Gnarloth

Thanks Zorthar - I've yet to do this collection for my epic and now I'm dreading it! I hate tedium!  :evil:

Anyway - gratz on getting them in the end!  :)

62.10 Iksar Beastlord on Prexus
Xanthic

BloodCelt

much much much easier to do ME with at least a trio.  and far more fun.   we usualy would train through the building to AR then zone back in and clear it out from the inside.  then its a breeze to get the repops.  

I got a level in a night there with a group of six, levels 56 - 65  
We had nine GoV's drop and helped a lot of beastlords (that we could find on who all) get past that part.  

Did the same in the grey, took a group of six and just wiped the zone up and called several folks in to loot the extra pieces.

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Zorthar

Quote from: GnarlothThanks Zorthar - I've yet to do this collection for my epic and now I'm dreading it! I hate tedium!  :evil:

Anyway - gratz on getting them in the end!  :)

From posts I have seen I am extremely unlucky, I think it is because I got all the spirit scouts in 2 days.  Just bring a group unlike I and clear, you should be able to get it faster.

Mindlet

Quoteadd ME to the list of zones I will never go back to again, along with the grey from acrylia

Sure you will those 3 zones have shards for the VT key.  :D

Zorthar

I know, /shudder I should have looted the shard that dropped in the Grey with my beastlords, he is basically my new main now.

Rumtum Tugger

I have my GoV, it is The Grey that is killing me.  I am not patient enough I guess.  I was looking and it appears there is a negative ZEM in the The Grey as well.  Hate it, hate i, hate it.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=732264" target="_blank" class="postlink">Rumtum Tugger
65 Beast
Lanys
"Back.  Back off.  Gah, you stupid cat, where are you going? ..... TRAIN!"

Zorthar

The grey sucked too, the mobs there were easier, and I had KEI the whole time, but still was tedious.  I am convinced the gather 4 items part of the epic is the worst (hardest) part.

KeuvenSeijin

I was helping my beast friend camp his Gems and it took him forever for some reason.  I stayed with him a couple of hours with no gems at all.  So then I logged since I was tired and it was kind of late.  I come back the next morning to find he had only gotten one Gem to drop in the 5 hours or so I had been asleep.
http://www.digikitten.com/playhousev2/files/rien/spiritandelk.jpg
Baron Keuven Seijin ~ 63 Half Elf Crusader

Zorthar

I guess some people get lucky, and some have a long streak of bad luck like your friend and I.

Voredor

I camped it with another bst 2 boxing a 65 mage, in about 5 hours I got my 2 gems and amazingly 2 Axgoreth's Belts, 1 for each of us. Was a good day.
Venerable <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=168744&resize=true" target=_new>Voredor Wamphyri</a> of Ayonae Ro

Pojodan

And me, I've had rather good luck with this part.

For my epic I soloed in The Grey for a bit over an hour, getting hte Acrylia on the 10th kill or so.  For The Deep I was with a group and it took about 15 kills to get it, but it was easy.  For Maiden's Eye I was there with a half group for 2 hours before getting the 4 we needed for myself and the other beastlord with us.

And then, today, I went out with a new friend of mine and got the peices for him:
The Grey: 3rd kill, 5 minutes in the zone
The Deep: 5th kill, 10 minutes spent
Maiden's Eye: 6th kill, another aquired from someone else OOCing one rotting at the UP zone line. 15 minutes total time

In all we spent more time running from zone to zone than we did actually farming... boy was I surprised.

Pretty much just a hit-or-miss on those funky rare drops... just gotta figure out a rythem and get stuck in it till the item you need drops.

Zorthar

Quote from: PojodanAnd me, I've had rather good luck with this part.

For my epic I soloed in The Grey for a bit over an hour, getting hte Acrylia on the 10th kill or so.  For The Deep I was with a group and it took about 15 kills to get it, but it was easy.  For Maiden's Eye I was there with a half group for 2 hours before getting the 4 we needed for myself and the other beastlord with us.

And then, today, I went out with a new friend of mine and got the peices for him:
The Grey: 3rd kill, 5 minutes in the zone
The Deep: 5th kill, 10 minutes spent
Maiden's Eye: 6th kill, another aquired from someone else OOCing one rotting at the UP zone line. 15 minutes total time

In all we spent more time running from zone to zone than we did actually farming... boy was I surprised.

Pretty much just a hit-or-miss on those funky rare drops... just gotta figure out a rythem and get stuck in it till the item you need drops.

/rude! :P Lucky, heh I got the padding on kill 11, Acrylia after 6+hours, and the Gems after 6+ hours, and no good no drop items for my beastie to loot.

Voredor

I spent 7 hours in the grey soloing for the acrylia and it ended up dropping for a 2 boxer in the zone.
Venerable <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=168744&resize=true" target=_new>Voredor Wamphyri</a> of Ayonae Ro

Zorthar

Ouch, did you have better luck on the other drops?