Main Menu

dismal darkpaw mystic

Started by Tehlar ZZ, April 26, 2005, 11:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saniiro

Heh I dont think he hit like a ton of bricks... im 9.8k hp / 2k ac unbuffed, with full def aa's.  With non mitigated slow, and he spent a good amount of time casting, melle dps was low.  Easy bard / bst duo fight. Resisted the DoT every time. From killing today I'd imagine he could be solo'd with some really nice gear.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

hakaaba

would be a tough solo with all those hp he has...i wouldnt say impossible though.  Imo bring a group its easier :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

did this fight for 3 bsts back to back a few months ago.. easy really.  Tho with bard playing PoV and 590 resists, the DoT was resisted mebbe 1 or 2 times.  Not that bad really.  A group will make this gimp, more even easier.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Urim

When a guildy's twink gets to the point where he needs this guy dead then im going to solo it. Fairly certain it would be doable. Killed him for a guildy about a month ago, just 2 bsts and a botted druid and the druid only had to heal me once if i recall correctly. Resisted all the lifetaps as far as i could tell. Would just be a long fight if done solo.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Valsuvious

Quote from: Urim on August 24, 2005, 10:25:44 PM
When a guildy's twink gets to the point where he needs this guy dead then im going to solo it. Fairly certain it would be doable. Killed him for a guildy about a month ago, just 2 bsts and a botted druid and the druid only had to heal me once if i recall correctly. Resisted all the lifetaps as far as i could tell. Would just be a long fight if done solo.

i'm at that part right now, but since you dumbass isn't online i'm not waiting around for you to solo this for me.  But, I'll let you go into Air with me to do that part np np.

Xular

could this guy be trioed with a SK with 10.9kish hp and a cleric with about 10k mana and a beastlord with 9kish hp?

Nullef

If your jaggedpine ally faction, you can train him into the townsfolk and then coth out, then go back and toss slow and use pet while they tank and kill him...no the corpse doesnt poof...not if you are ally. The is an event there for a town vs gnoll war you can participate in if ally and none of the dead gnolls will poof even if you didnt help kill it, you can still loot it. For some reason I guess sony set the epic guy so can do same. Yes, you can 2 box this guy, but its a ton more fun to watch the town ppl beat the crap out of him :D
Nullef Fier of Stromm
75th Season of Fleas
1600+ aa

Omagis_Narlavin

This Guy is really not friendly at all, lol by the way every one was talking almost seemed like you could go out and solo this guy by your self. Yeah Only if you are anguish + geared lol I tried botting a 70 shaman got my arse handed to me tried a second time to see if it was just because of a miss heal no i really did just get my arse handed to me, called out a Pally Friend  tried pally beast and shaman we failed but got real close to kill em before we whiped. Then I called out a fellow botter to help kill this bad boy and we smoked em hardcore. And trust me i do know how to play a shaman! and i know how to bot i have botted for over 2 years now and i believe myself to be a real good one i like to learn how bot 2 classes. any ways this guy got some nice hits on me.. at the time i was only time-qvic geared with some DoD stuff sence i got 1 piece of anguish and a few PoR idems.. at the time i was at 7.9k hp 7.3k mana unbuffed 470ish aa's with 1600ac all defence aa's and alot of offence aa's.. mob hit me for around 500 almost every time hardly ever seen a hit over that but that Anull weakend me and that Life tap Left me in pieces. so if your like me and dont have awhole lot of Hp please remember to bring some friend i would say at least 3 people.. healer/you/tank just to play it safe.

http://www.otn.co.uk/cnd/screenshots/omagis2.jpg

Alpha Omagis Narlavin King Of Da Wolves 81th beastlord javascript:view_profile(750705);
Overlord Warvon Narlavin Holy warrior 80th warriorjavascript:view_profile(997003);
Wanderer Dannaa Dethanocha Goddess of the woods 80 druid

"Death is one with me"
The Silent Minority on The Prexus (TT) server

Gatorr

Duo'd him tonight with me 10.8k hp unbuffed and my druid alt 7kmana or so. Used infusion on both chars and dot hit us maybe 4 times total, fight took about 10min I finished with about 20m druid was 50ish.  But I was not conserving mana was casting panther and Beastial empathy as well as nuking with druid. 

Bstlover

Hey all just wanted to post its a very easy kill if u just have a necro kite him around JP thats what i did last night took about 10 minutes and necro never went under 80m

Kanan

/chuckle.. never thot to see if he summoned
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rawrzor

I tried this mob last night by boxing a 71 Cleric and 71 SK.

I was doing fine until I got him below 20% health.  I noticed a marked increase in his damage output at this point... where he was hitting for 400-900 before, he started hitting for the mid 1000's.  He then proceeded to hit the SK in one-round for 1.4k, 1.6k, and 5.4k, and then turned and finished off my beastlord in a similar fashion.

Is this how it works, or was my mob bugged?  I didn't expect this guy to be able to melee hit for 5.4k.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

mogtoth1

Tried this with a 75 war guildy and his 75 dru. We wiped big style. Ended up going back with my shammy. Root rotted it to death easy. War juist stood around taking the repops out. Now for that PoA mob!!!!
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

Tardar

I soloed this guy today.  I wouldn't consider my gear mega uber by any means.  He doesn't mitigate slow.  High hit was for about 1k, but was rare.  Average hit was prolly around 300 or so. I was raid buffed, around 14.8k.  The fight was never really in doubt but might have been closer if it wasn't for a timely heal from the jester.  At the end I was mostly oom.  I just kept chaining BE pet and kept myself healed.  All AA and discs were up when I started.  I just fought him at his spawn point.  I burned Infusion before I started and resisted most of his dots, but a few did land.  Not sure what else I can tell you that might help,  but with new level cap, this guy is definitely soloable.