Main Menu

kick

Started by Xellen, April 30, 2005, 12:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

Agro is generated on a per swing basis, I would assume kick is treated as a swing but being on the timer it has kicking would not generate much agro but does produces 1.5ish dps overtime according to my logs. Also, every hit has some amount of push related to it (this includes nukes) but again I can't see kick adding that much push to a raid when compared to all the melee push going on. Now monks flying kick generates a lot of push as a special attack, makes me wonder if feral swipe does too (have not spent the aa on it).
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

Feral swipe prolly doesn't generate sufficient push to matter.  I've never really tested it, but since it has a 1 minute refresh, meh.. it dun really matter since one small push/min far < a raid's melee push for that minute ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Bengali

Besides, Feral Swipe would actually have to land in order to push something. ;)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I dunno beng.  With a 1 minute wind-up for the uber attack there's gotta be some major wind and push coming from it even if you miss.  8P

Kanan

/chuckle tastian

Best use of feral swipe.. spamming the ever-living hell outa the bards who sit & ae damage spells in front of the pok bank

hakaaba

Im slightly tempted to buy feral swipe and just add it to my kick hotkey but from what i understand, it wont grey out and become available like the dedicated kick hotkey.  Is there a way to make a hotbutton with both kick and feral that greys out on the timer for feral? or for kick for that matter? cause id love that :p I am used to hitting the button but im used to hitting it when i see kick ungrey and im afraid id just replace it for a normal kick hotkey after i got sick of guessing wrong on the refresh.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Kanan

think if u'd done a hotkey that was /doability [kick's #], you might've run into that same old non-greying issue.  Willing to bet a certainty on if u'd thrown in, to spam any and all, :kicks, along with it, it would never have refreshed.  I just usually end up spamming it constantly.  Hitting that key has become part of my kick reflexive thing, so I"m often hitting it every 5-15 secs anyways ;p

Tastian

There are a couple things you could try.  Like I've said before I just have the timing of kick down so it's not really an issue, but one thing you can do is try binding multiple buttons together.  That's what I used to do back in the day with my monk and his robe of the whistling fist + flying kick.  Go into your keyboard settings and you can make it so that clicking one key will also trigger a different key.  That way you can just watch your kick button and when it's up and you click it feral swipe will get clicked too.

The draw back is a bit of spam from AA cooldown timer as feral swipe isn't up nearly as often as kick, but it's not that big a deal.  *shrugs*

hakaaba

But the whole point is to not have to use 2 hotkeys hehe

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

shenk

Quote from: Chickennuggets on August 25, 2005, 04:15:02 PM
I've had tanks ask me not to kick... they say its more aggro than the damage is worth.  Not sure if they are right or not, but a lot of tanks have kick put in their aggro hotbutton, along with beg and stuff.

LoL, if your tank can't keep aggro over a kick, you need to find a new tank.

Kanan

They're asking that bcs they have nfc how kick works for bst.  Its just a lil dps.. no stun, no extra agro beyond a normal swing

For Warr etc, kick's got a stun component, great for interrupting spells etc.

Pakratz

IMO kicking is a waste of time, energy and attention.  BL have enough to do with buffing, melleeing, casting, and watching warder push.  Why anyone would want to kit some key every 10 sec or whatever for 2 dps is beyond me.  Same for Feral swipe - it doesnt rate a hotkey imo.  When you get to the point of doing 200 dps or more, 2 dps is non-existant for the immense monotonous effort required (granted it may be worth it in the lower and mid game).    From the posts I see I'm in the minority but I just wanted to voice an alternate opinion for you. 

Also, I have 3 hotkeys for common spells, contrary to one of the posters above.  It's so worth it to me to not have to find the Alt key + a number key every time I cast a common spell (ie Slow, Nuke, DoD pet).  Just shows you theres so many ways to play the game and all are valid if it works for you.

Kanan

I know a wizard who has a sit/stand hotkey on his pad.  It eats up a spot on his hotkey windows.  But he can't help it.  It is a button that he hits constantly, reflexively.  I know I am the same way about kick.  Spent so long using it as a legitimate dps portion that I can't help hitting it with great regularity. (I am a keyboard player over mainly mouse, esp since if I'm lagging, the kb commands don't lag like the mouse cursor does ;p)

Goom

Hi, old thread!

*HIJACK*

I'm a troll. No, really. I don't kick - I slam. I was going to work up the kick skill, but slam is just so attractive! It's always less damage, but the gamble (terrible odds) that it will stun if it lands is just too sweet to ignore!

I will never stop using slam, either.

HOWEVER, I am curious about whether or not anyone agrees with me and is of the same slammin' breed (Not necessarily troll, per se). Also, has anyone got any numbers for what slam can do (maybe a whole point of DPS?)?

Thanks!

Havin' a slammin' good time at 50,
Firiona.Goom
The above post may contain opinion mixed with fact. You're human too.

Nimbin

I'm not sure about DPS of slam, maybe .008? 

But I can tell you you can crit slam for 10, not sure there are many other abilities that can have their damage output increased 1000%!!  :-o