Main Menu

kick

Started by Xellen, April 30, 2005, 12:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawrzor

Sorry to dig this topic up again, but do skill points in kick actually increase the damage output, or simply increase the chance for kick to actually hit (like the other weapon skills)?
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

Timberghost

Have you guys ever done enough damage with a kick to be worth the trouble?  I'm at kick skill 290, and I use it a lot.  Just last night I was parsing my damage with different weapon sets and the kick came out as a really puny damage boost.

Khauruk

Kick, Rake and Feral Swipe are tied to the same hotkey, so yeah...it's worth the 0 trouble for me :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tardar

Add in Beastial Allignment and things just get less troublesome.

hakaaba

iirc, kick was like 5 dps at level 70, so, with a few more skillpoints, it should be maybe 6 dps now.  Not huge, but i've had weapon upgrades be less than 6 dps.  It's also coincidentally more dps than keeping fero constantly on yourself adds ^^

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

VintruceFV

Old topic but there was a recent change on kick. When the new expantion was released (SoF) Kick saw a large upgrade. While before it might hit for 50 or so. Now i have seen 300-400 kicks (non crit) It worth using imo since the boost, Every bit helps. And it can interupt spells on mobs also. Worth another look

kindarring2

Also from what I read somewhere make sure to put a AC type aug in your boots... AC makes you hit harder.... I think it goes 30 ac then 50 ac then 70 ac not sure whats past that ddi not read past the 70 ac.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

nedoirah

Quote from: Khauruk on November 11, 2006, 02:58:18 AM
Kick, Rake and Feral Swipe are tied to the same hotkey, so yeah...it's worth the 0 trouble for me :)

I do the same thing. And my kicks hit for 200-400 so I think it is worth the trouble to use it. I have a post on this site somewhere about how to make a kick/feral swipe/rake(harrow) hotkey. Thanks to everyone who helped me figure it out. :)

Kanan

I really should move that ac aug from the mecha guardian to my boots.. just prolly won't, cuz those sublime augs've been breaking me ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

laissez

Kick dmg scales in tiers based on your boot ac, each tier is 40 ac, so if adding an ac aug doesn't bring you over the next tier then its useless.  Just for the record you would want over 40,80,120,160(can someone get a leather boot with this much ac?)
to get that tier dmg.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Maylian

130 is about the highest you can get with cultural and AC aug.

Kanan

boots at present are 37 ac, so moving the ac aug from my earring would benefit me ;p

I prolly won't do it bcs the aug shifting might break me right now.  Sublime augs parts are still like 250 to 300k on our server.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Frug

Quote from: Chickennuggets on August 25, 2005, 04:15:02 PM
I've had tanks ask me not to kick... they say its more aggro than the damage is worth.  Not sure if they are right or not, but a lot of tanks have kick put in their aggro hotbutton, along with beg and stuff.

I'm thinking that says more about the tank than kick if he can't keep aggro through you using it.  =)

Inphared

I'm thinking you just quoted a post from almost three years ago.  :oops:

Frug

Quote from: Inphared on March 18, 2008, 06:52:20 PM
I'm thinking you just quoted a post from almost three years ago.  :oops:

Yup, and you read it.  =)   

Seriously, if posts that old aren't worth keeping around to reply to... why keep them around to reply to?