Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

Quote from: QuinnotetiquanNot sure you understand what i was talking about in my previous post. When I purchased Warder's Fury and Alacrity the pets that came from my Savage Platinum Fists started flurrying and criting along with my warder. I know it only applies to 2 weapons (Savage Platlnum Fists and Hammer of the Timeweaver), but I was thinking maybe you could factor in the added proc DPS these AAs give when using these weapons

When I look at the work involved to implement this, not to mention the cluttering up of the interface, and weight it against the benefit gained, 1 or 2 percent better accuracy for 3 or 4 weapons wielded by a fraction of the community, then the answer is a definite no. My top priority is to get the general trends right. Next are AAs with a significant impact on the majority of weapons.  The 101 little things that are specific to only a fraction of the weapons are at the bottom of the list. Right now, the implementation of the OoW changes supersedes all else. As Tastian said, the data for WF and WA is out there, if you have a pet proccing weapon and these AAs, you can adjust the equivalent proc damage for the weapon yourself.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Volsykat

Cop, is the spreadsheet compatible with OpenOffice.org?  I load it up, but get missing variable errors throughout the whole thing.
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Choppin

something for the spreadsheet, a bst only weapon lol

Cudgel of the Watchful Dragorn
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: 2H Blunt Atk Delay: 29
DMG: 69 Dmg Bonus: 42 AC: 30
STR: +20 DEX: +22 CHA: +24 WIS: +21 AGI: +23 HP: +360 MANA: +340 ENDUR: +340
SV FIRE: +20 SV DISEASE: +30 SV COLD: +20 SV POISON: +15
Required level of 70.
Effect: Freezing Strike VII (Combat)
WT: 4.0 Size: LARGE
Class: BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Coprolith

Quote from: VolsykatCop, is the spreadsheet compatible with OpenOffice.org?  I load it up, but get missing variable errors throughout the whole thing.

No, it isnt. I've tried porting it to OO, but I just can't figure out why the macros won't work. I spent a whole evening just trying to get the code to execute past the first If..Then..Else statement but it simply won't. Don't know why, it's not a matter of syntax. Anyways i gave up on that. If anyone can figure it out and make an OO version that does work then by all means.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Volsykat

/sob, ah well...it doesn't diminish the effort put into it at all :)
Volsykat Litterbox
66th Feral Lord of Solusek Ro
Sun Clan of Warriors

Coprolith

Oct 6 Update:

Well its been over a week and no one pm'ed me any bugs about the level-dependent version, so im going to assume its perfect  :wink: and 'push it to the Live server'. See previous posts for a description of the changes. Other then that I've added I've added some more new OoW uberweapons.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Kinash

I have a quick Haste Question. Does tribute-based Haste add to spell-based haste? I usually cast Celerity on myself and I also have the Tribute based haste on also. Am I wasting Tribute?
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Oneiromancer

No, you're not, Tribute haste counts as worn haste, just like Tribute FT counts as worn FT.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Zentrel

Cop,

For the Epic 1.5 you have an innate proc of 75 w/ -50 adjust on it.  what is this for?  is it perhaps accidentally put on?

thanks.

Liandra

Found a weapon that isnt on the sheet

it dropped during the 5th birthday Skelly Army event.
Katriona
Lvl 49 Beastlady of Halas
Member of the  Wandering Wolves on Venril Sathir

Coprolith

Oooh yah, the ultimate twink weapon. I made a SHD and a WAR during the anniversary in case i ever to wanted play them as alts and equipped them both with one of these babies (not too mention every other item available  :wink: )

Will be added in the next update.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Coprolith

Im looking for a volunteer with Excel-savvy to take over maintenance of the spreadsheet, to add new weapons and possible future AAs and such, since Ill be quitting EQ when my current subscription runs out next month.

Its not a lot of work but there's some quirks and tricks to the sheet I need to explain. So if anyone is interested please send me a pm.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Sempai

If no one picks up the ball, I might be able to keep this up to date.

I have a modified version on my machine anyway where I have done stuff like adding weapons and augments not listed. That is the easy stuff.

The new AAs, effects and skills which could impact us might be beyond me, unless someone else is coming up the the formula which I always considered your true specialty.

Looks to me like Tastian might be the new number cruncher, but he is already busy as it is.

Even if I did it, I would need a place to host it. As I am already full on my current available bandwidth.

Solve my issues and I can do the fluff work on it. :lol:
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Tastian

Bleh I think cop should just keep doing it so he can check in on us every month or so hehe.

I did the parsing for things like VW, level 70 caps, etc and I'll continue supplying data to whoever takes it over.  Just that I don't have the time to write up nice posts and make graphs and give MoEs like cop usually does hehe.  I haven't even had time to update my AA calc yet, so I really can't take over this too.  8(