Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

New version again, get it here: dpscalc.zip.

(from now, i'll keep the name of the zip file the same so i dont have to update the links every time i make a new version)

What's new:

- On the statsnskill sheet, the fields where you entered your DW combo and 2HB have been replaced by Dropdown Boxes that list all the available weapons. When you select a weapon from the list, the stats of that weapon are automatically updated. This reduces the amount of input needed and lowers the chance of mistakes (unless of course, I entered wrong data on the DB sheets  :wink: )

- Added Augmentations!
I copied the augment list from Yiktiki's sheet and reduced it to a list of the ones that add extra damage or a proc to your weapon. You can only add augments to your weapons on the statsnskills page. Adding a proc to your weapon is done by selecting one from the augmentation dropdown box.
Notes:
- only +DMG, + Elemental DMG and +proc augments are implemented
- Proc augments use their own resist modifier.

As always, i rely on you guys and girls to bug test the sheet. If you find any bugs, or have a weapon or augment that's not on the list yet, please send me a pm.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Murkk Dakruul

Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

DiosT

could ya throw in combay fury coprolith ? :-)

i know the 3rd level is negligable, but maybe put in a .05 or something and people wont call it a bug when it doesnt update ;-)

Coprolith

Minor update this time:

- By popular request: (drumroll) ... Combat Fury and Fury of the Ages added (well..there were 2 requests anyway). CF and FotA are entered as one number: the sum of both your CF level and FotA level. E.g. if you have just CF1, select 1 from the drop down list. If you have CF3 and FotA2, select 5, etc.
- I manually updated the OH epic and the prismatic weapons to add their ATK bonuses to your input. This only works on the DB sheets, not on the front page. Haste on weapons (such as the OH epic) is not implemented yet
- Added 2 more Augments (thanks Argach)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Hrann

This just gets better and better.  One question though:

The proc augments seem to just add the same dps as if they were primary procs (even if the weapon already has one).  I'm not saying this is wrong, but has this been tested and proved to be true?

Coprolith

Hrann, from tests performed by the the warriors and rangers the procrate of a augment is mostly the same as the primary proc.

As i understand it it works like this.
- The first check that is made is of the primary proc. If the check succeeds, the primary proc fires and no further checks are made.
- If the primary proc check fails, then the secondary proc from the augment is checked
- If the secondary check fails also there's a third check for spell procs, but this doesn't apply to BSTs.

So technically, the secondary proc rate should be a fraction lower then the primary. If, for instance, the primary proc ratio is 3% (3 procs per 100 attack rounds), then the secondary proc ratio is 97% * 3% = 2.91%. The proc rates would for instance be 2/min for the primary and 1.94/min for the secondary.
In practice, the statistical variation in proc rate is so large that you'll never see the difference, and the difference it makes in total dps is so tiny that i didnt bother to make that distinction. It works out to ~0.1 dps max or so

/hug
Elder Coprolith III

Man0warr

Dont guess you can use this spreadsheet with just the excel viewer, wont let me edit my weapons and stuff, where do i get excel to be able to edit stuff
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Lizsolo

Quote from: Man0warrDont guess you can use this spreadsheet with just the excel viewer, wont let me edit my weapons and stuff, where do i get excel to be able to edit stuff

You buy excel.

However, try OpenOffice

That's free and works just as well and makes you all warm and legal and fuzzy and stuff.   8)
Lizsolo - Barbie Beastlord and her dog Poochie
Rodcet Nife

Hrann

Thanks for the info Coprolith.  So basically everyone, from the non-raider to PoTime people, stand to gain ~6dps from LDoN procs.  Not too shabby.  Of course, it does mean that my non-raiding weapon will never be in the top dozen weapons in the game, even with 2850 LDoN points spent on it.  Oh well.

Hrann

Hmm, for other's edification, what this proc info also means is the the Trapped Specimen's Pitchaka, properly augged (16/20, with additional proc), is the best choice for an offhand weapon for a non-raiding beastlord (i.e. it is better than the Golden Wraps of the Compact).

Interesting stuff, really.

haabbes

Great stuff!

I couldn't find this weapon in the database:

Architect's Scepter     
LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM
Weight: 1.0 Size: MEDIUM
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Damage: 13 Delay: 21
Ratio: 1.615 Amazing
Damage Bonus: 13 (lvl 65)
Comparative Efficiency: 92
Offhand Efficiency: 38
Str: +12 Sta: +10 Agi: +8 Disease Resist: +7 Cold Resist: +7 Poison Resist: +7 HP: +45 Mana: +35
Weapon Skill: One Hand Blunt
Classes: Beastlord Ranger Bard Monk Rogue Warrior
Races: All Races
Slot 1: Type 4
=====
Feral Lord Haabbes Ticklemaabbes, 65 vah shir beastlord, Saryrn server.

Felpaw

can you add: radiant mass of affliction Augment from EC please?

Felpaw

shenker

How do you use this in layman terms. I am using openoffice.org atm. It just says error 511 in the dps areas and it looks kind of strange in some areas. I refuse to give microsoft anymore money than I absolutely have too so if I have to get excell it's gonna be via illegal ways but would rather not have to do that.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Zhamok

Just want to say great work. Don't know how you did it but you made life a lot simpler for me in choosing weapons and what items to buy with my LDON points. I now look forward to getting some augments for my weapons.  :D Again many thanks.

Coprolith

- Haabbes: Architect's scepter will be added in next version.

- Felpaw: could you provide stats for the radiant mass? It's not on Allakhazam's

- Shenker: I don't know OpenOffice, so i can't tell you what error 511 means. Use the free Excel viewer from microsoft (linked in Yiktiki's spreadsheet page, also stickied in this forum

- Zhamok: you're welcome!  :)

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III