Main Menu

Druid versus Bard

Started by Zorthaz, July 18, 2013, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

I haven't tried High Sun because I believe that all the mobs spawn in the room and are not wanderers.  What happens when you High SUn a mob standing on it's spawn point?

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

Nothing, really, except they agro on you.  You would be pulling the pack out of the room then highsunning one back to give you fewer to control as you get towards camp.

Something like tag mob in a group of 4
Run
Highsun
Fade
Run
Mez one of the smaller pack
Run
Fade
Time mez to hit the last add about when you hit camp.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Highsun - Sounds like you need some room to separate a pack of mobs.  Would Highsun even work on belly caster mobs like the fire giants in SolB?

-Z-

Khauruk

Yes, you need some room.  And no, it probably wouldn't work on them...not w/o burning discs and whatnot.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Just an update:  The Bard hit 100 and has managed to ring up 18% into 100 by completing the last task that completed the Shard's Landing mercenanry arc (8%).  The 18% also includes one round out daily tasks (85.90, and alternate).  He is now outfitted with all the T4 armor I have been farming.  Next up are better weapons and augs.

-Z-

Zorthaz

I would have thought using the Bard would have taught me precision pulling, but I am even sloppier then before.  I just pull 5-6 mobs, hit AoE Mez and kill them off one by one ;-)   It saves time pulling and I am sure things will change when I move back to T3 and T4 RoF zones to farm AC augs.  It is a nice change of pace to kill in Argath where the mobs don't have 7 million HPs.

-Z-

Lortheus

2-BOXING:

When I was 2-Boxing I made a Druid because they basically fill in the holes that being a hybrid leaves for Beastlord. The Mammoth's Force buff, Damage Shielding, Efficient Heals, more debuffs, and Nukes / Dots to add. Pretty much seems like a no-brainer to me. the Druid is a force of nature and the BST is a spiritual force of nature.

Druid can keep Tank Merc healed as well as whole group if AE s are going off, Group cures, etc.
For Mana Regen USE GRANITEBark Skin or the equivalent for your level, you may have to block credence or Certitude for it to keep from being buffed over by merc, but it adds a nice amount of mana regen. You can use your own AC buff: Shifting Shield for more AC since the merc only will buff symbol then with no AC.

Focused Paragon is worth buying for AA as well, for mana regen. jsut cast it on yourself each time it pops. That will also help your mana regen issues if any.

Beastlord pulls since he can FD, and does very well, even indoors. Even if theres adds, well, that is what druid's Paralytic Spores and root clicky pants are for, can also quick hotkey memspellset for Sporali Spores if you need to knock more mobs back and you're waiting for Paralytic Spores to recycle.

Spirit of the Wood stacks with Paragon of Spirit for added Heal Over Time benefits if you hit an OhS&T moment. Tank merc hardly takes any damage with druid heals and spells going off along with beastllord slows and warder heals. I do throw a Beastlord backup heal in from time to time. Just have to plan out your patch heals earlier for BST because of the longer cast time on the single shot heal. It recycles fast though, so you acn spam it for a while until you regain any compsure you may need.

MOLO:
This is all pretty much moot though since I don't even 2-box anymore. Warder is a way better tank than merc, and Beastlord Pet Heals are quite uber as well. All I do now is molo with a WIZARD merc and heal with Beastlord while range attacking mobs with throwing daggers, DoT's Nukes, also you an stand just outside of closest range attack range and hit mobs with your Feral Attacks without getting hit at all. Pet taunts like a maniac too, so you can set wizard to burn for most of the fight, don't forget to switch back to balanced before pulling again though.

Have Plakt's Protection on him, use Fortify Companion for only if theres multi pulls, and keep Ruaabris Fury on Hand since it adds avoidance as well in some of those situations.

Think I have had Druid shelved for over half a year now, hes 100 with 2250 AA but I don't really need him to tell the truth.

Druid is the best multi-box decision to use with a Beastlord though imo.

Thank You.

Zorthaz

When I am just exp'ing I usually run Tank merc, Cleric Merc, with either Bard or Druid.  On most named I have to drop the tank merc, switch to a second Cleric merc, and pet tank especially if I am running the Bard.  With the Druid I have him patch heal the Tank merc and the merc usually stays up.  When I have to pet tank the DPS drops off a cliff.  I am thinking about patch healing the pet with my Beastlord and swapping in a Wizard merc for one of the Cleric mercs.  The CotF named that aoe the melee/spell casting/movement slows really make for long fights.

-Z-