Main Menu

Pets and begging

Started by Gremkin, January 09, 2004, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremkin

I seem to recall a post about this on the Yanti$ board (cursed be his name), but I couldn't find it again.

Is it actually possible to beg items from one's warder?  And ergo, possible to give kitty some nasty proccing weapons like SHFD or that Kunark slasher that procs a snare, and get them back at the end of your play session?
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Kylaz

http://www.houstonpets.com/PetZone/pettbegging.asp
or this:
QuoteDoes your pet's begging repertoire include jumping up on kitchen counters? If so, try putting strips of double-sided tape in strategic spots. Then stand back and watch, says Gutierrez. "They hate the sensation of their paws getting a little stuck," he says. "They're unlikely to return, but just in case, buy an extra-big roll."

More seriously, as far as I know,  begging will only get you coins. To get item, i guess we'd need to be able to pick pocket our pet.
If you have a rogue friend, try having him pick-pocket your pet, to see if he can get back mage summoned items, for example. I never did.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Kinash

For a while I tried begging from my Warder. I must have attempted several hundred begs. Never succeeded once! I had read somewhere, a long while back, that you can't successfully beg from a Warder anymore. Based on my lack of success I think that may be true!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Tailzin

Can you still skill up by begging at pets? Used to be able to many moons ago...cant' say I've tried it recently :P
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Zorthar

[quote="Kylaz"More seriously, as far as I know,  begging will only get you coins. To get item, i guess we'd need to be able to pick pocket our pet.
If you have a rogue friend, try having him pick-pocket your pet, to see if he can get back mage summoned items, for example. I never did.[/quote]

You would have to disarm it to get the weapons back, and you cant disarm magic weapons that i know of.

Gremkin

Thanks guys, figured it was too good to be true.  :?
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)