Main Menu

Trial of ingenuity(sp)

Started by Dreead, May 13, 2005, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreead

My guild has been activly doign MPG trails We tried ingenuity trial last night only to be slaughetered within roughly 5 minutes.

Group was 2 war.paladin.me beast, cleric , druid. Given that isn't very much DPS but it wouldn't have even mattered since we barely even hit the mob.

Has anyone completed this trial recently? IT appeared to me that beast lords aer completely useless in there.

Firriann

i did that trial not too long after the revamp of trials, the trial was sorta hard, but the group seemed to be happy for me to be there. my group was war, cleric, dru, sham, bard and me. since it was not really long after revamp, panther and stormblade didnt exist yet, so our dps was fairly low. wasnt really "painful" tho, war pulled mobs to us, both healers healed (duh :p) shammy picked up / handed weapons, bard mezzed, i dps'd / pre-slowed. once we had all our weapons, pet included, we killed till boss poped and killed it. i think main reason the group was glad i came was because adding a pet meant more dps on the boss, which requires special weapons to hit etc.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Zanois

since the changes, the adds that drop weapons are now perma rooted on their platforms....

Bst's are useful for this trial, whenever I do it, I always tank/kill the weapon guys for the others to loot.

now there perma rooted, just have someone assigned to run weapons to and from corpses to the necessary people.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

kharthai

Did this just a few days ago, and the sk managed to pull one of the dragorns to the center platform (by accident, no less).  /shrugs

Also, giving weapons to pets just makes the pets poof now.

Dreead

It would have made sense for me to just solo the platform mobs. BUT this is what I saw

<Master of Ingenuity begins to cast a spell <Cazic Touch>
Dreead's Warder has been slain by Master of...

I wasnt attacking the master or anything, i was just killing platform mobs :p

Zanois

Your pet will be DT'd if you or someone else gave it some weapons....

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Klahw

Well that is a useful tidbit of info, was hoping to try this trial when work settles down in a couple weeks.
Klahw

a Torv refugee

Tarsq

When I was testing this event pet would randomly get DT'd, would last 5 seconds or a couple of mins before dying after attacking boss. Of course that could have been adjusted again since then :)

Tarsq of Test

Dreead

Yea i told my groupmates to not give my pet weapons, it just randomly happened, pet wasn't even attacking the big guy.

Strigori

I did this one the other night, seemed the pet agroing on the boss is a DT whne he doesnt get it at random.....so much for the dev's claiming  they want pets to be useable on all encounters when they have coding set to specifily kill pets off.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Yzak

Did this trial tonight, the adds arent all perma rooted, I think every other one is perma rooted, so you can stand and camp on first platform on the right and pull the 2nd to you.

Had War, Dru, Sk, Ranger, Myself, and cleric.  Was fairly easy with a good tank and a spot healer for when the ch just aren't going to make it.

Pet died, I didn't send the pet in on the named, kinda just got close while I was farming weapons and got dt'd.  Lame but it was alright because we were done with weapon farming at that point.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr