Main Menu

Just blowing off steam

Started by Gungagunga, May 24, 2005, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gungagunga

As a little background info i'm an AA farming bst with nearly the best bazaar gear to be had for my lvl.  I tend to solo the majority of my time when not raiding with guild but occasionally this gets very boring so i'll mix it up with a ldon every so often.  I tend to duo these as i'm not interested in spending a half hour to hour trying to find a full group knowing full well that i'd likely get at least one if not more of those "people" who just go thru the motions and never bothered to learn what really sets their class apart from others. 

Well last night I got bored so did a /lfp to see who was looking for group.  After about 10min i found 1 who was interested but wanted to have clr in group.  5min later after explaining none was needed and instructing him to go to the leaderboard for proof that I was legit he finally agreed and joined the group.  My instructions were pretty easy to follow:  stay with my pet not me I will pull to him everytime, you wont need to slow mine is good enough, no need to pacy as pet and I can take 3 at a time, please have mez/ae mez/root lines up for CC (to avoid wastefull mana healing), tash only if you have problems getting your own nukes or dots to land, and finally conserve mana as there is normally only 30sec from time first mob dies to time next is in camp.  (these instructions were given in a much more polite way with reasons for all of them included to this individual but to pissy atm to repeat verbatim)

I ended up with exactally what I try to avoid in the form of an Enc who didnt know shit:

It took 6 kills and a tell from me asking him to do some sort of dps to get him to do anything at all to the mobs dps wise and 3 mobs later I got the lovely msg LoM.  He constantally followed me into the room I was pulling from instead of staying with my pet and risking chance of adds.  During multiple pulls he kept mezzing the target i was on instead of my pets(sometimes doing so 2 times before i killed it and i think would have happened more often if his spell gem refreshed quicker).  When pointing out mezzing the wrong targets I suggested just using the AE and I would move my target back so he wouldnt have problem with targeting.  What I got was his AE paci... pointed out that spell wasnt a mez and when he read the spell description it plainly stated lowered agro radius.  By this time I was really getting irritable so told him the spell didnt do any good when I had already pissed every mob beating on me off obviously.  That was the last time he used that spell... actually it was the last time he used any AE.  This is not to say his crowd control got better I simply was more carefull in my pulling and avoiding obvious adds.  Needless to say when we got close to finishing the adv I was going nuts nuking/dot'ing sometimes intentionally pulling 2 at a time just to get it over with.

So in the end I won my 62nd ldon duo keeping my 100% win ranking not because of my partner this time but despite him. 

Funny thing was he asked if I wanted to do another.  I politely informed him no,  told him was late and I was crashing, and wished him good hunting.  Then promptly added to my ignore list so I would never have to deal with him EVER again.

Jaeren

*feeds Gungagunga a tasty gnome*

Feel better?

:mrgreen:

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Gungagunga

Sorien

Err, I usually let other classes do their job that they should know how to do before I tell them anything about what I want from them. 

I often times find myself playing stupid when someone comes into a group trying to tell me exactly how I want them to do my job.  I actually have found myself playing real stupid & sometimes going purposefully LD during & coming back just to piss the other off. 

There is really nothing more irritating to me, no matter if it is said politely, than someone telling my how to do my job.  Now, me getting told where to stand when pulling or something like that is not offending, but I terribly consider someone telling me which spells I should have up as very rude and disrespectful. 

What I have just explained may have been the root of your problems with him/her...

I know I would have been waiting for instructions to nuke, mezz, etc., if someone went to so much lengths to tell me which spell lines to pull up.  I would have probably messed that up too, just in spite.

Gungagunga

Nope he specifically asked me what he should have for a spell line up since he was so much lower in lvl than I was and was worried because we were just duo'ing.

Thurman

Sounds to me like you were treating the person like they were stupid before they even had the chance to show it.  Sometimes when a bossy, overbearing person starts treating you like you're stupid you tend to get flustered and make mistakes.  My advice, treat people nicer.