Main Menu

Plane of Hate (H8) at 62

Started by Tryptophan, May 24, 2005, 08:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryptophan

Now I am no expert on this zone, and i was very cautious so to avoid any adds (even though a couple times i did pull 2, stupidly).  But I didn't die, and for the most part i earned about 1.7% of AA exp per kill.

I stayed at the zone line for the duration of my stay, and nobody came in or left the entire time i was there.  Over a span of 2 days, I logged in about 7 or 8 hours inside Hate.

I made about 3.5k in cash, and just over 2 AA's in that amount of time.

How did I solve the problem of zoning out?  Well i spent about an hour getting 112 in pottery skill and buying various items to craft the Thurgading gate potions.  I have had allied faction with coldains from way back (to my surprise).

Instructions on how to make the gate potion are here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=1240

I would consider getting higher than 112 skill because i did fail once.  The item is trivial at 122.   Tonight I might just try to go the extra mile and get my skill up to 122.

That said, at 62 its pretty much very easy to single pull things.  Be aware that Spite Golems are totally MR and virtually impossible to slow.  I noticed this also with the ashenbone drakes.  These mobs seemed to have lower HP though, which balanced things out a bit.

Also be aware that the mob level ranges can take you by surprise.  You can get an abhorrent that will hit for 230's (max), and then get another one that will hit for 292.  The ones that hit higher hit for their max a lot more frequently too, so the difficulty level gets almost exponentially harder for these ones.

If i wasnt using +5 FT tribute (or you could just get KEI before going up), I had to be very patient with pulls, I made sure I had 75% or more mana before pulling, just in case.

I also obtained about 8 or 9 random class armor pieces which i turned in to the PoK guildmasters for a gem and about 3% exp per turn in.  For some reason, the caster trainers in PoK would not accept the caster armor for gems and exp.  I dont know if this is a bug or done purposely, but all leather, chain, and plate armor worked fine for me.  I could also not trade the caster stuff to the tribute master so they are basically junk for me.

In conclusion, if you're looking for an intense and rewarding place to solo at 62, try Hate.

Dakat

There is a step-by-step in this very website on how to make Thurgadin Gate Potions.

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php/topic,1539.0.html

enjoy

Tiroon

Quote from: Tryptophan on May 24, 2005, 08:27:17 PM
I would consider getting higher than 112 skill because i did fail once.  The item is trivial at 122.   Tonight I might just try to go the extra mile and get my skill up to 122.

If you go the extra mile consider going to 143 where you'll have a 95% chance of making the combine. To get to 143 from 122 where Medium Bowls become trivial go with Unfired Poison Vials using Crows Special Brew (Abysmal Sea, 3s1c per).

At 112 your chance to make the combine was 72%, at 122 your chance would increase to 82%.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gungagunga

Drakes cannot be affected by spells unless you are in mellee range.  I usually use a low costing spell to agro and once in mellee range slow lands just fine.

Also keep in mind for you questers the marsinger gem isnt to shabby either when you get to 3rd or 4th step. Unless of course your are a 65+ raider then you will have better.

Tryptophan

Didnt know that about the Drakes, thanks for the information!

JillieMT

I love PoH!

Of course, gate potions are no longer absolutely necessary, now that we have the option to return to the home city on log-in, assuming you have been offline long enough... what is it, 6 hours? So go hunt in PoH all you want, log for the night, log in next day and just return home to sell the loot.  :-D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tryptophan

Are you serious? It works that way?!

Boy am I out of the loop.  I just thought that option was for if / when you get the Origin AA.

Its a learning process.  I am very glad to be on these boards   :-)

Mangorn

I myself have spent an enormous amount of time up here camping with my mage/bst duo at 63, and now at 64. I don't even bother to try spell casting against the spite golems, just power-melee 'em down. The Drakes can be a pain due to the melee range casting, but really not that difficult. Revenants can be a bit of a pain sometimes as they like to Tash a lot, and I've been charmed on two occasions with my piddly 118-130 MR (I've been working on raising it). The Revenants can on _very_ rare occasions drop the "Essence of Vampire" which you might be able to auction Loot rights to over public channels as it's a very hard drop for Chanters to get for thier epic (can't be MQ'd), also believe that the drakes drops a "Decrepit Hide" somewhat more often that if I recall correctly is part of the SK epic(no idea on MQ-ability). There's also the "Shattered Emerald of Corruption" which is MQ'able for the Ranger epic, and even today can be turned into a pretty decent profit on most servers in short order. Generally speaking I stay up here looting until both characters are full, and head for PoK. I make on average about 1-2k plat per hour up here what with the many nodrop armor turnins to guild masters in PoK, and assorted loot. Incidently the chanter nodrops are the only ones I've had issues with, I can turn in the robes and the gloves I believe for gems, but the legs, sleeves, and shoes aren't accepted by any of the chanter GM's in the zone. Everything else, you just have to make sure that you're giving the armor to the right race/class combination GM as listed on the armor.
Mangorn's current crud

Saryrn Server - Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

Anelise

I find I have good luck with the Spite Golems landing Scorp Venom, never had any luck slowing them.