Main Menu

DPS calculator

Started by Animist, May 26, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animist

EDIT::

The ISP uplink seems to have problem and won't be up for a while. In the meantime, please use the following link to access the calculator:

http://202.85.94.25:8080/kit/eq/dpscalc.jsp

I will try to relocate it to somewhere less depending on the single ISP.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,

Here is the link to a web-based version of Coprolith's DPS calculator written in Java and JSP:
http://218.189.206.26:8080/kit/eq/dpscalc.jsp

a little background. Coprolith has a lot of analysis based on many many parse done by community, and has written a theriotical DPS calculating worksheet in MS Excel - this greatly helps all of us on determining which weapons to be used.
However, because of the complexity of the data and formulas, users with only Excel Viewer (the "free" version of MS Excel) cannot utilize the calculator. So by the end of last year (or earlier? I forgot  :-P ) I have decided to write a version of calculator that can be used without other non-free software, and contacted Coprolith for that. Coprolith let me use the formulas and constants from his calculator and I had start working on it.
At first I was thinking Visual Basic (.NET or not, whatever) vs Java Applet - because I want to have something to run standalone. However both of these platforms require more or less some kind of installation (.NET framework / VB library / Java Runtime) and that maybe a hussle to users that not normally have experience on installing these. So I decided to do a web-version, only thing u will need to use is a valid web-broswer (IE6 or Firefox is what I have tested).
But since then I was quite busy on work (don't u all hate working?  :evil:)... and I have been slacking whenever I didn't need to work  :-D ... Finally I have squeezed enough time to finish it up! (Sorry Coprolith taking so long to finish it hehe)

ok ok, enough bunny.

Usage? It is about the same as Coprolith's calculator (the newest one), using exactly the same formulas and constants - except 2:

A - Coprolith's calculation on proc DPS: not sure it is the parse that showing this or what, he uses the proc rate modifier on weapons to multiply BOTH weapon innate proc and augmentation proc. eg. If u stick a lifetap proc on ED then both Timelapse and Lifetap will proc 15% less because of the proc rate modifier of ED. However based on the parses on theSteelWarrior (and my little greatstaff of 4 winds parse) it seems to me that augmentation proc does not follow the weapon's proc rate modifier. I have changed the formula in calculating proc DPS for that.

B - Broken down the augments and weapons: now the weapons and augments are completely separated in terms of programming objects, I can precisely make use of different augment type / weapon restrictions. eg Slave's Hidden Orb does not have to be added as "SHO" and "SHO+2" - it is now "SHO" with 1x type4 and 1x type6 slot so u can add the augments separately.

C - Combat Effect added: these further enhance the proc rate of weapon, by 1CE = +1% (again from the discussion here and there, as I don't have any CE yet  :wink:). These attribute has been added in the calculation.

So here it is. Please use this thread to feedback / bug about the calculator. Much appreciated.

TODO:-
1/ More weapons / augments, especially those in DoN
2/ Fix exisiting erros in weapons - damage / delay / augment type etc etc
3/ Save function for storing ur attributes and weapon setups
4/ Comparison of weapon setups
5/ Prettier interface
6/ Add URL links to lucy/magelo for items / effects
7/ Find a more stable host to host the calculator
8/ Add "Tanking Attributes" like hp/ac or stun/aggro ability on weapons / augments - some of the tanking bsts will like that in considering weapons
9/ Your suggestion is very welcome!
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Keba

Very nice.  I was playing around with converting this to openoffice a few days ago, but what you've done is better.

Would it be possible to save the settings so you don't need to reenter them each time? Or possibly disable the submit on change, otherwise it takes a while to enter it all.

Instead of manually adding weapons, you could get the item database from http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/index.php and automatically import all the bst usable weapons and augments from that.  I'd be willing to help do that if you want.

Animist

Quote from: Keba on May 26, 2005, 03:35:41 AM
Very nice.  I was playing around with converting this to openoffice a few days ago, but what you've done is better.

Would it be possible to save the settings so you don't need to reenter them each time? Or possibly disable the submit on change, otherwise it takes a while to enter it all.

Instead of manually adding weapons, you could get the item database from http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/index.php and automatically import all the bst usable weapons and augments from that.  I'd be willing to help do that if you want.
Thanks   :-)

I was considering about the save function as a TODO item... only problem is I have to either A) enable a forever-time cookie so that ur browser get the fields filled everytime - but it won't work if u are on another computer. B) make a user database for storing ur bst name and values - the problem is I have to implement username/password for saving and the login pages etc etc, and I am a slacker  :-D
I will disable the onChange=submit() for "Player's Statistics", while leaving "Weapon Setups' as it is, because I found it easier to just select a weapon and red the number hehe

About importing items, it is a good idea to do so. However as u may notice, I am a super-lazy-programmer and anything that I don't need I hate to parse  :evil: well unless eqitems.13thfloor can use POST to get the ONLY attributes I need in the calculation (damage, delay, type, etc but not something like weight, size) then I prefer to keep the data in a small text file for easier input  :-P

Thanks for ur suggestion and support!
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Kerena

Wow! This is a very nice utility.

Would love to see the two weapons I have, Clawhammer, Yarusha, the Storm's Fury and the augment Veintapper's Stone show up =P
I think with eqitems you can download their item db to use.

Karve

Sweet, thanks :)

here's 2 missing augments  tho (from DoN):

Vein Sap Mineral
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  AUGMENTATION 
Augmentation Type: Fits in slot type 4,8
Slot: PRIMARY  SECONDARY  RANGE 
Recommended level of 70.
Required level of 63.
Effect: Life Sap I (Combat) [ 100 hp lifetap ]
WT:  0.0    Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Ethereal Sky Stone
Augmentation Type: Fits in slot type 4,8
Slot: PRIMARY  SECONDARY  RANGE 
Recommended level of 70.
Required level of 63.
Effect: Chaotic Strike III (Combat) [ 150 dd + stun ]

Professional Mad Bastard.

Peteums

Wait a minute according to this Best DPS Weapons for Beast is Dexdger's, and Flints could this be right or am I Halucinating?

Gungagunga

Nice Calc should be sticked or have Cop add your link to his with credit being given for comming up with this to you.

I'm kinda wondering how I compare to others so would love to hear where everyone else is comming out at.  Heh well non hardcore raiding bst that is since they of course have access to gear that is  :evil:

Kanan

One thing I really liked abt Copro's sheet was the ranking of the weapons that was available on the backup sheets.

Are you converting all this info to a txt file or would making it available to see be plausible?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

Items / Augments have been added, keep them coming!

Quote from: Peteums on May 26, 2005, 02:45:36 PM
Wait a minute according to this Best DPS Weapons for Beast is Dexdger's, and Flints could this be right or am I Halucinating?
No u are not halucinating. For us bst who without innate double attack, weapon proc plays a big portion of damage - even bigger if u have any of weapon affinity / spell casting fury / combat effect. That's why ED is a so-much-DPS weapon for us (and bards) even its ratio is subpar at that level of gear. Dedgex cudgel and (fabled)flint dagger to me is like a mini ED  :-)

I forget to add copro's credit on the JSP... /apologize

I will consider the weapon ranking listing. But most probably it will have to be on a 2nd pages, or as a download file since i think the dpscalc as now is quite compact and good for printing. Stay tune! hope i squeeze some more time for this and not slacking  :-P
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Nusa

Savage Lord's Totem only has Cold Damage 1, not Cold Damage 2 (was nerfed about 3 weeks in, so been that way a long time).

Tannyon

Missing this augment

Icespark Stone
Augmentation Type: Fits in slot type 8
Slot: PRIMARY  SECONDARY 
Cold DMG: 1
Recommended level of 70.

Merescata

ummm can we sticky this in the library?? please??
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Animist

Weapon Listing done  :-D

yep I know it is not pretty but it is there  :-P

will do a "sort by mainhand / offhand rank" when I have time  :wink:
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Kanan

cool... thanks Animist :)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

Modfied the listing page. Now should include the weapons that u have customized in the dpscalc page so that u can compare what u have auged against the other weapons.

Modified a calculation on Spell Casting Fury. I remember a patch ago they modified the AA so that if u crit, u crit for 200% damage for the 1st 2 levels. It was previously coded as 133% and 166% for the 1st 2 levels.

Listing page's weapon name now has tooltip to tell u ur weapon ratio / proc. I tend to keep it under 1 page width (I hate horizontal scrolling!) so I picked this tooltip approch.

Sorting is not done yet. It is far more troublesome to modify what I have written. Give me a day or 2 to think of a better way  :-P
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro