Main Menu

DPS calculator

Started by Animist, May 26, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animist

BTW, I have digged some details from eqitems. Seems that their item XML file are quite easy to get with, sooner or later I will make use of it to resolve some missing weapons / augments problem.

However I have to find a way to get the proc effect from it tho. Currently the xml file only gives a number on "proceffect" field, eg Dirk of the Traitor (from coldain ring quest) has a proceffect of 1495. How to link this number to an effect is a challange to me  :-P
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Zruk

Add Mace of Grim Tidings plz. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=47319

The proc won't crit, same as Shin of ancients because of the debuff associated with it.

Zruk

Animist

Didn't notice that some damage procs associated with debuff will not crit... my bad

I will add code for checking if the proc is critable or not and reflect in the dps calculation. However I will need u guys help on whether certain proc is critable or not.

I will modify the proc type to be Debuff to reflect such proc.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Nusa

Also note that Serpents Bite (the proc on Despair and some others) is unresistable, which makes those weapons somewhat better than the -200 resist you have them listed at now.

Bengali

Zun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos has the wrong proc, it was changed to Freezing Strike III a while back (dps calc says Sting of Ayonae).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Animist

Quote from: Bengali on June 16, 2005, 04:44:49 AM
Zun'Muram's Scepter of Chaos has the wrong proc, it was changed to Freezing Strike III a while back (dps calc says Sting of Ayonae).
Fixed that.

I am still thinking how to implement "Unresistable" resist type... and to make use of eqitems' XML file for more accurate info on weapons / augments; the most challanging part is to find out the proc info of automatically.

Also as I have said earlier, I have added a proc type called "Debuff" - this refers to some procs that can have damage, but definitely cannot be crit. So if you have found any proc that matches this behaviour and I have it wrongly marked as normal DD, please kindly let me know. Thanks in advance
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Bengali

I also noticed that you can't enter a haste value > 100.  It's possible to go beyond 100 if you have an overhaste item like Ring of Organic Darkness or a bard.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Animist

Quote from: Bengali on June 16, 2005, 11:59:26 AM
I also noticed that you can't enter a haste value > 100.  It's possible to go beyond 100 if you have an overhaste item like Ring of Organic Darkness or a bard.
Fixed  :-)
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Grimwill

Animist

I have put up a testing version of the calculator at:

http://218.189.206.26:8080/test/dpscalc.jsp

This version will use eqitems as the item source and lucy as spell effect source.
Also I have modified the formula abit to reflect that some procs are Unresistable (like Serpent's Bite).
And the items / effects are now linked to eqitems / lucy respectively. Just click on the names.

As always, please let me know if it has any bug or error. Thanks in advance.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Animist

Since no one has reported any show-stopping bug about the test version, I will put that up for general usage.  :-D
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Thedoh

I just got one thing to ask about this....what does the whole tanking pct mean? like what value would i put for that?

Keba

Works great for all the weapons/augs I've tried.

You may want to exclude norent and norace items.
Maybe non-magic too, to avoid listing vendor sold items.

Nusa

Quote from: Thedoh on June 24, 2005, 07:46:39 AM
I just got one thing to ask about this....what does the whole tanking pct mean? like what value would i put for that?

How much of the time do you spend as the primary focus of a mob? If you're normally dps in large raids, enter 0%. If you are the main tank in group situations, enter 100%. If you regularly offtank mobs, enter the percent of time you normally do that. If you just do dps without getting aggro, enter 0%. If you often steal aggro at the start of the fight (acting as slower can do this), enter an appopriate number...perhaps 5%.

When you're tanking, you're doing dps against the mobs defenses (i.e. riposte, parry) which effectively lowers the melee portion of your dps(proc damage stays the same). When you're attacking from the sides or behind the mob, you are bypassing those defenses.

On the flip side, riposte damage from you goes up when you're tanking. I don't know how much the formula accounts for that aspect, since riposte aa's aren't asked for.

Animist

Nusa, thanks for the clear up. Those parameters are from the original calculator from Coprolith, you may find more detailed information from the sticky thread here... I am just porting that ms excel version to a web version, and fix a few formula here and there.

Aye, the calculator haven't inlcuded the riposte conditions like AA. However I would imagine that won't be very hard to figure out, provided that I can dig the percentage vs skill info from somewhere (like 200 riposte skill vs 250 riposte skill, is that a linear percentage increase in chance of riposte attack?). But if I have to consider the mobs' level then this formula will be a bit hard to figure out without some lengthy parses.

Keba, that's a good point. I may exclude the items with "NO RENT" and "NONE" races so that to speed up the loading time. For non-MAGIC weapons I would like to listen to the general public that it is good or not to exclude them, or given a switch / button to toggle them on / off. Thanks for the suggestion!  :-)
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro