Main Menu

DPS calculator

Started by Animist, May 26, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thedoh

Thanks for that reply :D I know about all the negating dps when you tank I just didn't know what kinda number i should put in for that heh.

I love the calculator btw :D

Bengali

Quote from: Nusa on June 24, 2005, 11:27:23 AM
When you're tanking, you're doing dps against the mobs defenses (i.e. riposte, parry) which effectively lowers the melee portion of your dps(proc damage stays the same). When you're attacking from the sides or behind the mob, you are bypassing those defenses.

Just as a slight clarification, if you're attacking from the sides the mob will still dodge, parry, block, etc.  The difference with attacking from the sides is that you won't take riposte damage (I can't remember if the mob will riposte and you don't  take damage from it or whether it just won't riposte).  Strikethrough (the effect on gear) gives a chance to ignore any one of these and still make an attack (although you can still miss after a successful strikethrough).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Animist

Make a little bit more modification.

1/ Now you can swap your duel wielding setup, provided that both of your weapons are usable on either hand. Just press the 'X' on the right hand side of your DW dps listing.

2/ Also it now displays the damage bonus of your weapons. Previously the DB is taken into calculation but it is not shown.

3/ About the icon thing... The PNG from eqitems are not transparent-background so it looks kind of odd when you are using IE. Firefox displays it fine. I have tried using lucy as the source of the icon image, but it seems that lucy has some counter-dos policy so sometimes I will get the icon image no problem, sometimes it returns with a no-cookie error.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Animist

I am planning to add "Accuracy" and melee focus (Ferocity and Cleave) to the calculation.

Anyone has any good parses around these parameters? I have only found one from TSW, but those parses are very outdated and tbh, the sample size is just too small to make any concrete conclusion.

Thanks in advance.  :-)
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Grimwill

From my perusing of various message boards:

+10 Accuracy increase attack accuracy by 1%.  Ferocity adds 3% to double attack rate per level.  Cleave increase crits by about 0.5% per level

No guarantees that's accurate, but seems to be the conventional thinking.

Bengali

/bump (perhaps a sticky is appropriate?)
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Animist

Thanks for the sticky  :-)

I have added the download / upload options to the calculator.
Basically you click "Download" at the bottom of the page, it will pop up a little save window to save a text file named "mySetup.txt". You can rename it to whatever to save multiple setups.
Then later on you can click "Upload" and specify which setup file you want to use. It will load your file and populate the stats, weapons and augments to the calculator.

Just remember, the setup files are saved at your very own PC. The server itself won't save any information entered.

Enjoy  :-D
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Jili

Very nice! And very fun to play around with, I just miss Tunat Hth aug to put in AM fists =)

JillieMT

Quote from: Animist on July 26, 2005, 02:03:01 AM
Thanks for the sticky  :-)

I listen to the people! It's your forum.  :-D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Dummkopf

Oh, just saw the spreadsheet is available for us non-excel users now, thanks a lot, i just love it  :evil:

Kanan

huh? connection is refused?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

Quote from: Kanan on August 17, 2005, 03:34:12 PM
huh? connection is refused?
yep, the server was down due to an IRQ error... it is up now.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

hokarz

broken link? can't load the page  :cry:
Savage Lord Hokarz

Animist

Has anyone have the parse on Improved Beastial Frenzy yet?

In the meanwhile I will use +3% da per rank of IBF as per Tastian parsing on the test. Feel free to try plug ur new AA into the DPS Calc and see how much increase is it.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Urim

Did my own parse over a night of grouping. Combined all fights into one parse and came out with a double attack rate of roughly 33%. That is with Fero V tho so would assume the extra 5 levels do indeed add 3% per level for an increase of 15% extra DA.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'