Main Menu

DPS calculator

Started by Animist, May 26, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dummkopf

Thanks for adding that proc, now i could confirm that taking that tonfa was indeed a nearly 5 dps upgrade (was surprised to see that AMV wraps are a tad less dps than my hallowed claws so i never took them, love that calc).

stonezshade

Hello all.
   First off I'd like to thank all who have put forth there time and effort to help so many of our eq community.
As I  Iooked at the dps calculator and entered my information I noticed that it ask if you have the aa spell casting fury. I understand that that it would increase our dps but how is this figured in?  In this calculation is it assumed that you are casting your dd, dot. spells at the max number of times per engagement ? I've read through this forum and see no information about this. And was just wondering if the estimated dps would be way less for me being I useally on cast 1 are 2 spells during normal combat. I appreciate any information helping me to better understand this great tool and how to better use it.

Regards,
  Stonezshade

Kanan

the scf is primarily figured into this by the amount of critical procs that you hit.  It does not take into account your spell casting, because this is such a widely variable figure (what foci do you have, what nuke are you casting, etc).

Basically, this shows your max theoretical weapon dps.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Utqnia

Neither of the links seem to work for me, do I need to set something for my browser?

Animist

Quote from: Utqnia on January 25, 2006, 01:45:56 PM
Neither of the links seem to work for me, do I need to set something for my browser?
Which version of browser are you using?
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Tyggy

Very nice calculator and thanks  :-)

I just entered a "barbed knuckleblade of brutishness" for the secondary weapon and at level 70 I see that the dmg bonus is quoted at only 4. I thought sinister strikes gave half the primary dmg bonus and should thus be 7 or am I wrong ?

Still once again this is a very nice tool and thanks for all your hard work

Tyggy Killerclaws

Tell me have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Animist

Quote from: Tyggy on January 28, 2006, 12:30:42 PMI just entered a "barbed knuckleblade of brutishness" for the secondary weapon and at level 70 I see that the dmg bonus is quoted at only 4. I thought sinister strikes gave half the primary dmg bonus and should thus be 7 or am I wrong ?
Offhand damage bonus (after you got sinister strike, of course) depends on the delay of the offhand weapon. And since barbed knuckle has a pretty low delay (17 iirc) it is only 4. Plug some higher delay weapons and you will see the difference  :-)
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Ganellon D'Alinor

Hello,

I really appreciate your work, it's a really good way to compare weapons, thank you  :-)

I am wondering if you could manage to add the type 5, slot 30 for our 2.0 epic coming from Demiplan. I am wondering what could be the mainhand and offhand damages with this augment.

For the record it's :
Delay: 0 Damage: 2
I guess the rest of the stats are useless cause wining no accu or other stuff modifying the calc.

Just in case
Delay: 0 Damage: 2
AC: +10 Str: +10 Dex: +10 Sta: +10 Wis: +10 Agi: +10 Fire Resist: +5 Disease Resist: +5 Magic Resist: +5 Poison Resist: +5 HP: +30 Mana: +30
Attack: +30
  Mana Regeneration: +3

thank you  :-)

Dummkopf

Too bad that the epic page drops extremely rare. Since beginning of december we got 3 drops (and killed Devlin every 5 days) and that page is for all hybrid classes at once so that more classes than for any other page want it. The page is a hand in (basicly a mini quest) and then the epic is changed via an invisible augment in an invisible augment slot. You have to wield the epic during hand in, if you dont do that the page is used up without changing your epic.

Anyway, with the rarity of epic page drops it will be hard for most bsts to get this page, especially if you consider that the effect for other classes is bigger than for us.

Utqnia

Quote from: Animist on January 26, 2006, 03:00:57 AM
Quote from: Utqnia on January 25, 2006, 01:45:56 PM

IE 6.02

At work though, maybe its being blocked because of the JSP stuff?

Animist

Quote from: Utqnia on January 30, 2006, 03:06:45 PM
Quote from: Animist on January 26, 2006, 03:00:57 AM

IE 6.02

At work though, maybe its being blocked because of the JSP stuff?

JSP stuff are server-side, and should not have any problem with any browser. Maybe you mean Javascript? If so then you will have to turn down the security level of your browser setting (to medium at least). You can check if there is any Javascript error by checking the status bar (usually at the bottom) of your IE. Or you can use Firefox to play with it  :-)
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Stumps_Bertox

Online DPS calculator doesnt have any weapons listed at the moment :( i hope i didnt break it!
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Kanan

check ur java settings etc.. the weapons pulled up fine for me on the dropdowns
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

It was my fault.

eqitems is using a new data structure for the item database, and I didn't aware of. The automatic program deleted all items first but was not able to import them due to the change in data structure, thus rendering empty weapon list. I will be more careful about this kind of "automatic" mechanism next time.

Sorry for the late reply... :-(
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Stumps_Bertox

thanks for getting it up and running so fast, i play with it daily..er the calculator that is..at least i think
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine