Main Menu

DPS calculator

Started by Animist, May 26, 2005, 02:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangorn

Excellent modifications to Cop's original Animist, I have had the excel version for quite some time, though it's beginning to go quite out of date on me. Finally checked back for an update and saw the work you've done with it, and just had to compliment you on the changes.

I did have a few things here however, one a slight bug notice, and a couple of suggestion/requests:

First of all, the recommended level on augments can downgrade a weapon's effectiveness, and I notice this isn't taken into account. Specifically I use a Fabled Steel Hilted Flint dagger in my primary, and I've auged it with the Vein Sap Mineral from DoN. Unfortunately, at lvl 65, the Vein Sap Mineral has a recommended level of 70, therefore I lose a damage point on the dagger as a result, and your calculator doesn't seem to take this into account at present.

Second, (and I know this is a bunch more work, just curious though) what the odds of getting a ranking for augments as you do for weapons would be for MH/OH?

Thirdly, Is there some way to identify groupable vs. raid target drops? I know this is dependant in part on group make-up/gear/aa/experience etc, but I, as a lvl 65 non-raiding guild person, don't have many options at raid only drops, so drooling over them in a ranking is kind of pointless, when I would be more interested in which of those weapons ranked higher than mine, I might actually be able to get, as opposed to those that there's not much of a chance of ever getting.

Mangorn's current crud
Mangorn's current crud

Saryrn Server - Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

trixbro

I cant seem to run this calc anymore. Ive used it before, but now when i try the link it times out without taking me to the page. I normally run mozilla, but also tried it with ie. any suggestions?

gordulek

Calculator is working for me, but I can't seem to upload my saved setups.  I click on Browse to point it to the file location, and then click Upload.  The page refreshes, but doesnt change at all to reflect the saved setup that I'm trying to upload.  If I'm trying to upload to a blank calculator, it stays blank.  If I've entered some data and try to upload, the data I'd entered stays.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong? :?

gordulek

Well, I solved my own problem from above.  I still can't get it to upload my setup, but I can just copy the entire web address for my setup and paste it as a link in a word doc for later use.  I can then open that link another day and, presto, there's my setup.

Taiglin

Is the link not working for anyone else?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Mindov

link doesnt work for me either

Rykusx

Not working anymore =(
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Otuol

Man that sucks.  This tool was invaluable.  :-(

Essant

If I could get a copy of it, I'd be glad to host it for us.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Animist

Sorry all I was on trip and the server was rebooted during that time and I was not aware that the daemons are not starting by default.

It should be working again now. Sorry for the inconvenience  :-(
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Skanda

maxawesome

Quote from: Animist on June 30, 2006, 01:20:57 PM
Sorry all I was on trip and the server was rebooted during that time and I was not aware that the daemons are not starting by default.

It should be working again now. Sorry for the inconvenience  :-(

Would you be willing to post the source code for this applet? I am interested in building a stand-alone or possibly ASPX version.

Taiglin

Thanks muchly! Had hoped it was something simple like that.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Mindov

looks like its down again :(

Kanan

came up monday am just fine for me.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar