Kanan

guess tack on "2.5" after it in the list to differentiate it /shrug
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Animist

70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Draen

Any eta when this will be adjusted for 75 and have the double attack factored in?

<Triton>
"No, Aeryn it is not what I want! It's just that fate keeps blocking all the exits! And no matter what I do I just keep circling closer to the flame!" -John Crichton, Farscape-PK Wars

hokarz

I was wondering the same thing  :-D I love the calculator. It gives me an idea of what to get for weapon upgrades and what to pass on :)
Savage Lord Hokarz

Animist

Well... that's an embarassing question...

In short, I am kind of semi-retired now. I still keep reading news, forums and such, sometimes I even login to level my toon... but I don't think I can level her to lv75 to do the parsing etc in a short time (only lv71/29% atm).

I will see what I can do for the calculator for now. Maybe project the level effect for lv71~lv75 from the previous levels, and do the same for the weapon skills; however that means it is not based on parses and may have a large discrepancy with the actual figures.

Or I should just release the code and let you guys maintain so I can completely retire from the game  :-D
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro
The web based Beastlords DPS Calculator Thanks to Coprolith the Plumber for all his work!

Kanan

or we can e-mail u logs with some of the data, or tast gives it to ya ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rawrzor

QuoteOr I should just release the code and let you guys maintain so I can completely retire from the game

If you post or PM me the source code, I can certainly give it a shot.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

maxawesome

Quote from: Rawrzor on October 05, 2006, 03:05:25 PM
QuoteOr I should just release the code and let you guys maintain so I can completely retire from the game

Good luck on that one. I've requested the source about 10 times...he hasn't even responded to my PMs....

-Iidun

Animist

Quote from: maxawesome on October 05, 2006, 04:10:14 PM

Good luck on that one. I've requested the source about 10 times...he hasn't even responded to my PMs....

-Iidun

/rant on

Ok let's get it done. I will try my best to be rational.

I have only got 2 PMs from you, and you have posted 2 times you want the source code for it. If 4 times is "about 10 times" then I have nothing to say.

TBH, I don't play the game now everyday, and that's why I haven't come back to check the forum frequently. When I was at it I responsed to request about adding stuff to it everytime. I am sorry that I missed your requests, or some other's request, but I was trying my best.

You know what? I paid my time converting the formula from Coprolith (thanks again), got my item feeder done, manually input all the proc effects and write the front end pages. It is very hard for me to just "release" the source code; I know it is a community thing (parses, analyses, and points and hints from Coprolith), but I want to find someone who shows his capability and knowledge to understand the shit I wrote as it is not very beautiful coding.

I was feeling really sad to see this last comment to me.

Think I will depart for now and thanks for helping me to make the decision.

/rant off

I will briefly list out the whole thing here. Whoever wants to host it please let me know by posting here (I always missed the new PMs) - and please forgive me for not checking the forum everyday. I have to work.

a/ The core library for the related objects (weapons, augments, procs, formulas etc) and the code for reading from database. Written in Java (1.4 or above).
b/ The jsp pages that served as front end to the library. Written in JSP (spec 1.1 or above) and a little css and javascript.
c/ The item feeder for reading item database from EQItems and importing them to the database, triggered by cron job. Written in Java.
d/ A few shell scripts that link the above stuff together, and email me if there is anything goes wrong (not including link down of course...).

Here is the stuff you will need to host this thing:

1/ MySQL database and a few tables, for storing the weapons, augments and procs info. I used MySQL 5.0 myself.
2/ A Resin application server for hosting the jsp pages. Of course that would include the jdbc driver for MySQL. Theriotically any Java application server / servlet container should be able to do so.
3/ A stable ISP connection! This is the most important thing. I am using my office server to host it and sadly the IPS connection is not stable enough, obviously.

That's it.
70 Beastlord Animist
65 Warrior Hamk
Great Adventure Partizan
Druzzil Ro

Denti

By the way it is pretty easy to calculate the new double attack chance, the formula is (level + skill)/500 to get the chance to double attack in percent. It is safe to assume for any given level 71 to 75 that you allways have max skill since you normally get the 5 skillups per level with the first 5 hits (no need to visit a trainer). So it would feasible to just add the double attack from the double attack skill as a function of your level.

New weaponskills of course are a different thing and i dont know the effect of them on your melee dps, nor that of the added AA skills.

Of course a big thank you to Animist to keeping this service up, it is unique in all of EQ and i certainly hope someone is going to keep that alive, sadly myself doesn't have the necessary skills to do that.

Nusa

Aye, I'd also like to thank Animist for his time and effort.

I suggest that you create a open source project in sourceforge or equivalent as a way to both document and preserve the technology. Perhaps more than one person would want to host copies? I don't see that as a bad thing.

(I don't have the hosting resources required, but the rest of it sounds mostly within my existing skillset.)

Keba

Just putting it on sourceforge isn't enough, there needs to be someone capable to drive the project.

The other thing to be aware of is that the formulae are approximations that are getting old.  I'm sure there have been new discoveries by other melee classes (eg I have seen some on the berserker forums.)  The existing flaws are going to get worse as things scale up in level.  So it needs to be someone that is willing to perform and examine parses and come up with some formulae that still work at level 75.

Rawrzor

I would be interested in hosting the project, but I can't really commit to anything until I view the code and see what I'm "getting myself into," so to speak.

As for parsing, that obviously could be handled by other people in the community.  I don't expect to easily find someone who can:

1. Have the equipment to host the calculator
2. Have the ability to reprogram the code
3. Be willing to parse all the data themselves

However, I can imagine finding a couple of people who are willing to pick up one or two of those tasks.
Rawrzor
72 Beastlord, Bristlebane Server
Co-Leader of Meiyo

Magelo | EQPlayers.com | Blog

maxawesome

Quote from: Animist on October 09, 2006, 10:45:39 AM
Quote from: maxawesome on October 05, 2006, 04:10:14 PM

-Iidun

/rant on

Ok let's get it done. I will try my best to be rational.

I have only got 2 PMs from you, and you have posted 2 times you want the source code for it. If 4 times is "about 10 times" then I have nothing to say.

TBH, I don't play the game now everyday, and that's why I haven't come back to check the forum frequently. When I was at it I responsed to request about adding stuff to it everytime. I am sorry that I missed your requests, or some other's request, but I was trying my best.

You know what? I paid my time converting the formula from Coprolith (thanks again), got my item feeder done, manually input all the proc effects and write the front end pages. It is very hard for me to just "release" the source code; I know it is a community thing (parses, analyses, and points and hints from Coprolith), but I want to find someone who shows his capability and knowledge to understand the shit I wrote as it is not very beautiful coding.

I was feeling really sad to see this last comment to me.

Think I will depart for now and thanks for helping me to make the decision.

/rant off

I will briefly list out the whole thing here. Whoever wants to host it please let me know by posting here (I always missed the new PMs) - and please forgive me for not checking the forum everyday. I have to work.

a/ The core library for the related objects (weapons, augments, procs, formulas etc) and the code for reading from database. Written in Java (1.4 or above).
b/ The jsp pages that served as front end to the library. Written in JSP (spec 1.1 or above) and a little css and javascript.
c/ The item feeder for reading item database from EQItems and importing them to the database, triggered by cron job. Written in Java.
d/ A few shell scripts that link the above stuff together, and email me if there is anything goes wrong (not including link down of course...).

Here is the stuff you will need to host this thing:

1/ MySQL database and a few tables, for storing the weapons, augments and procs info. I used MySQL 5.0 myself.
2/ A Resin application server for hosting the jsp pages. Of course that would include the jdbc driver for MySQL. Theriotically any Java application server / servlet container should be able to do so.
3/ A stable ISP connection! This is the most important thing. I am using my office server to host it and sadly the IPS connection is not stable enough, obviously.

That's it.

/counter-rant time

It is awfully hard to find someone who can understand your code if you don't even reply to those who wish to try in earnest.

Believe it or not, my requests (and you recognize that I tried 4 times to even talk to you about the source, and yet you never replied to my PMs or posts except now to rant about it) were not a way for me to harass you or push you over the edge to make you leave the forum. I was requesting the source so that I could help alleviate some of the burden of solely managing that utility.

I have to work too. A lot of us do. I understand that you're busy. But I see someone else post on the same thing I've posted on and PM'ed about, and still never get a reply from you, and yeah I may say something to the effect of "you're wasting your time", which is basically what I meant with my post above.

/counter-rant off

That aside, we have a very strong community here, and obviously we have people with the interest, skills, and means to support a community development effort to keep this wonderful utility that you have blessed us with up and running.

-Iidun

Sanois

does anyone have a copy of the original spreadsheet version?