Main Menu

2 box setup with dual monitors

Started by Kexel EoV, June 20, 2005, 09:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kexel EoV

Processor:     P4 3.2GHz w/800MHz FSB
Memory:           1024MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
Monitors:    19 & 17 in CRTs
Hard Drive:   80GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200 RPM) and 20Gb craptastic 5200(?) RPM secondary drive
Video Card:   128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card

So I would like to 2 box on my one system as I don't have a lot of desk space two monitors fits, but I don't have room for a second box/keyboard/mice. I was thinking that running a dual montior setup and then just using wineq to toggle between the monitors would work just fine - so my question is do any of you have experience with running a dual monitor box setup like this?

Also, my fx5200 has a dvi port, so I figure I could just get a dvi-vga converter and run both monitors off of this.  Do you know if that will work and if an fx5200 is powerful enough (or even capable) of doing this?  And if it isn't (at first I didn't even think it would be, but then I got to thinkin' this is only EQ :) ) do you have any recommendations on what type of video card would be capable of running both clients on their own monitors?

I don't mind having both clients running at pretty low settings but I would like to run at about 1024x768 resolution.

What do you think?