Main Menu

ADDED DPS TO FOCUSED PETS

Started by Peteums, June 29, 2005, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

so any inside info about when we can expect these changes to really be put on live? I would think they would have to do it relatively soon now that its been in the patch message heh

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

waywreth

Ash mentioned that the changes are supposed to go in for the patch this Wednesday - 7/13.

Link to post on EQ boards.
Elementalist Oniadar Nephilim
<Unbroken Spirits> - The Tribunal

maril jr.

Yup went live today.

Added 4 to max hit for 68 pet with minion of darkness. :-D
Maril Visheveran
70 th level beastlord of terrew marr( yup i still call it that)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1221858

Kylanzek

Didn't  notice any change to 68 here with DPoC,  Still hitting for 94 with Growl.   With MoD it hits 97 with Growl.

Unlike my wife's 67 Necro pet that hit for 98 with MoD before patch, and 103 after.

Savage Lord Kylanzek Breezybottom
68th Season Barbarian Beastlord
Member of Ring of Mystic Souls
Firiona Vie

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1202587

Stumps_Bertox

68 pet with MoE hitting for 99 now with growl wee!
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Iskandar

70 pet with Ritual Summoning still hits for 105 with Growl. No noticeable change yet, but have only been in raid battles so far.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

lulabye

Using the queen cloak (Minion of Discord) as my focus I haven't seen any dps improvement from my pet, he does however stay alive a little bit longer, and can take hits a little bit better (as in tiny tiny bit)  was hitting for 107 max w/o growl before patch, last night we were playing in RS again, max hit 107 still.  I just wish growl had a faster cast (like our nukes, 0.5 cast) for the little bit of burst dps it gives, otherwise its not even worth memming (in any situation).  But that is entirely a different beast.

Dreead

--Ritual summoning before patch, max hit 105(with growl) 117 with panther.

--Ritual Summoning after patch, dun dun dun - 105 with growl, 117 with panther.

hakaaba

To sum up, 68 pets: improved slightly.  70 pets: no change.  Why does sony hate us?

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Bengali

No change to max hit for 70 pets, but the overall dps could have gone up via other changes that would result in an increase in average hit.  It also could have gone up slightly just as the 68 pet did.  Possibly.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Iskandar

Did a little AA hunting in Ascent yesterday and ran a log through EQ Companion to see how the "new and improved" Blinky is working out....

Level 70 (Rashara) warder with Ritual Summoning focus, Growl for haste, no Panther:
Warder's Fury 5 -- Warder's Alacrity 4
211 fights -- 3 hours 11 minutes total fight time
Average DPS: 87.56
Max Normal Hit: 105
Max Critical Hit: 172 (27), 192 (5)
Lowest Hit: 16
Average Hit: 82
Hit%: 57.7%

Compare this to a similar run in Ascent in March:

Level 70 (Rashara) warder with Ritual Summoning focus, Growl for haste, no Panther:
Warder's Fury 3 -- Warder's Alacrity 3
278 fights -- 3 hours 19 minutes total fight time
Average DPS: 74.39
Max Critical Hit: 172 (35), 192 (1)
Lowest Hit: 22
Average Hit: 79
Hit%: 55.2%

In both runs, the buffs were identical (self buffs plus Nine from my druid) and no summoned Mage gear was used. The main difference for the warder between March and now is the addition of 2 ranks of Warder's Fury and 1 rank of Warder's Alacrity. It's not a very controlled sample, as I was just killing a variety of mobs in Ascent for exp, and the AA variations make them less than ideal results for comparison -- for truly accurate results, we really need a comparison of some before and after controlled tests. If I do any more Ascent runs in the upcoming week I'll see if the results hold steady -- at the very least, they'll give us an idea of average day-to-day performance for the warder.

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Iskandar

Had a shorter run in Ascent today, figured I'd post the results from it as well though, in case anyone's interested :)

Warder's Fury 5 -- Warder's Alacrity 4
61 fights -- 1 hour 1 minutes total fight time
Average DPS: 83.57
Max Critical Hit: 172 (75)
Lowest Hit: 13
Average Hit: 81
Hit%: 57.2%

Again, this isn't a controlled parse run, but it does help show trends in average day-to-day combat performance for the warder.

Torguran

My 68 pet's max hit was 108....  with MoD and Panther.  That a fluke?
Wildcaller Torguran - 70 Vah Shir
Proud member of **Prophets of the Myst**
Server formerly known as Torvonnilous

Torgy's Treasures

psycattik

How about so info on what the anguish boots do after patch. Now that I got 2.0 done I could probably grab next pair that drops if it's a worthwhile upgrade over minion of discord.

psycattik

Iskandar

Quote from: Torguran on July 19, 2005, 06:30:09 PM
My 68 pet's max hit was 108....  with MoD and Panther.  That a fluke?

Panther boosts normal melee by 20% (sort of like Lion Strength for us). But since it's a high mana cost buff with a short duration, it's not one that's usually up on a pet all the time for most players. I use it on raids, usually just on the boss-type mobs, mainly because I'm too busy casting nukes to worry about refreshing it every sixty seconds :p