Main Menu

General advise for my Beast-bot

Started by Banvaren, June 30, 2005, 05:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banvaren

I 3-box my Paladin main (~13k/2.5k) with a Cleric and Beastlord: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1218719

I typically do MPG or RS. My usual strategy is:

- pull with Paladin, stun to hold agro, heal with cleric

- corner tank the mob so beast and warder can melee mob's back

- slow mob, stack dr and pr dot

- use snare stick until it lands, then swith to normal weapons

What I am looking for is some advise on how to gear and AA the Beastlord. I plan on finishing WA to get snare to proc as quickly as possible. I also plan on picking him up a Mazerunners Ring from MPG. I will be getting the new slow as soon as I get my next glowing rune to drop.

After that I don't know what to get. AAs are easy to grind, but I need direction. I can get him some weaker PoTime gear, as he earns half DKP on raids. I am looking for something I can 3 box, or at the most 1 group. I can raise plat by selling droppable runes and selling looting rights to 69/70 runes.

I would like to boost his FT and ATK to the cap. More DPS is the main goal for him. Maybe buy a "pure virility" augment to increase the duration of his dots?

bham

Chest: Vest of the Serpent, Ruiner Ikaav in RSS (1 room west of Taormani) 140hp, ft 3, 30 att

Ring: go to the Slayer room in RcoD. Kill Bowlord rorn for his elaborate guantlets and kill elite kyvs for 3 broken bows. Hand in for a 120 hp, ft 4 ring.

Charm: Channeller Pyrien drops a charm that has 120 to 160 hp (depending on the time of day). He pops in the middle of the big room south of Taormani in RSS.

Back: Kill 1000 murkgliders in NC, collect the 4 sword pieces. Hand in for a back with 115 hp and 15 attack.

Augs: You arent showing any, I assume you have some. For more attack kill Neuromancer Vierone (near tactics in MPG for a 20 attack 2 regen one). Kill Murkglider Deathsting in RcoD for a FT 2 one.

Most of this gear is on my magelo if you want exact names and stats.

Good luck
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

bham

For AAs. I would get:

1. Sinister Strikes

2. WA 5.

3. Fury of magic 3.

4. Pet flurry and crit

5. Affinity

6. Perfection if you box him on raids

In that order.