Main Menu

Another Girplan Strat (post nerf)

Started by Clanncy Macalroy, July 07, 2005, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clanncy Macalroy

Last night I did this with some guildys.   

One of the toons was a 70 Bard (time geared).  Using Voice of the Vampire he was able to pull and charm the cronies and send them against the rest.  Wait for it to die then boggy out of tether range. Wash repeat for all ten.  I tanked Girplan.    Clerics would start CH before he charmed.  One at attempt, and the other 5 sec after in chain fashion just like a chain for MT's.

Other members of our group included a 70 monk, 2 70 clerics, 68 shaman hydra, and another Bard.

Note:  This is not a recommendation. Just an alternative.
Clanncy Macalroy
Arch Animist of Saryrn
Don't pull my tail, and I won't rip out your Throat!

Jzath

Just used this strat today.  Worked well though was hard on the chanter until they learned the tether range. 
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Naynon Doomgrowler

My guild did this fight with 3 groups ... was overkill.
2 Tanks
2 Clr
X spot healers
the rest was DPS class's

First use a pet class to pull a minion and walk backwards out of tether range, then Pet Guard / Pet Hold to make the Tether range.

Now you can just pull the minion to the 2nd tank inside the tether range and kill him ... your big tank should draw agro on spiritleecher and hold him off to the side of where the 2nd tank and DPS are slaughtering Minions.  95% of the time you will only get 1 Minion ... they really do not have a big agro range.  If 1st tank goes down or things start to get out of hand ... just say TETHER and have everyone run back out of tether range, rez / rebuff ... med alittle and restart. 

This event is not tuff ... looks like it might be, but its not.  It is alittle chaotic .. but should be fun for any guild that can pull together 3 groups with 2 solid tanks and some decent healing.  The key to this event is to not panic and just run back out of Tether range if things start to look bad.

Naynon Doomgrowler
68 Beastlord of Luclin

felinefury

thanks for the advice, worked well for me...was still a pain tho :mrgreen: