Main Menu

Best LDON strategy for a 3 box group...

Started by WildcardX, July 07, 2005, 06:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildcardX

Greetings, Well although I decided against a beastlord for a ranger for my 3 box toon team, I do enjoy the boards here as I find a lot of great information that I can't seem to find anywhere else.

In a previous post, I indicated I was building a 3 box toon team for the primary purpose of winning LDON missions. I love LDON, I think it was one of the best EQ expansions ever and this is where I will gear up at. I started my team with a 67 enchanter who has 268 AA and I am very very good at playing him. I have then purchased to other accounts and decided to add a Ranger and a Druid to that mix. Right now my ranger is level 51 and the druid is 45 and my 3 toons are in Old Sebilis leveling up until they reach 57, then I will try my first LDON out since at 57 they are within 10 levels of my enchanter. I expect to have good DPS, but I figure starting out will be rough and I figure the best way to go are the collect missions until the ranger and druid level up and gain better gear than I am hoping I can maybe do a low count slaughter or even an assasination mission.

What I am wondering about is what will happen when the druid and ranger both ding 65 and then my group average level is 65.66666666666667... Will I still get a level 65 normal mission or will I get jumped up to a level 65 hard?

Also I was looking for a sanity check.. I know enchanters are the worst dps class because, well, enchanters are not a dps class, but what I am counting on for the first LDONs I do is that my average group level will place me in a level 60 ldon dungeon and that my level 67 enchanter with his level 65 summoned pet and his 2.5 crit nukes will actually help provide much needed dps early on. Am I counting on too much here with that thinking? Of course once my group gets a level 65 normal ldon mission, then I realize the dps my enchanter can offer really diminishes compared to the druid dots/nukes and the ranger.

WildcardX

The other thing that just occurred to me is I can start doing a few ldon now because my 67 enchanter account also has a 55 shammy on it! Its the same shammy I decided to not use when I decided to go with my enchanter, but until my druid and ranger are higher in levels and better equipped, I can start doing ldons now with the 55 shammy, 51 ranger and 45 druid and get a level 50 dungeon. I know its a weird group, but I suspect it will be good enough to win  in a level 50 dungeon. I'll go home tonight and try this out and see. If this works I can go with it until the ranger and druid are both 57 and then try to see what its like in a level 60 dungeon. Atleast CC or pulling wont be a problem. I just hope I have the DPS I expect to have.

bham

You wont get level 70 ldons (hard 65s) until your average level is either 68 or 67.51 (I cant remember which).
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox