Main Menu

need $ at 61

Started by Aslann, July 14, 2005, 08:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aslann

Any suggestions on where i could solo and make some good $? I am 61 with 20 aa's. New to this site but it looks great.

Veteren Aslann Snowpawz
Cazic (Brell)
Elder Aslann Snowpawz
68 Vah Shir
Hunting mate: Whiskers
Cazic (Brell)

Et^Cetera

Velks is my cash-cow zone.

Most spiders will be Light blue, but the velium blocks/bricks split into 2 small peirces which sell for 50pp each. Which sould make you 3-4k per KEI

Add to that
Silver chitin handwraps - 1500
Silver chitin wristband - 4k
Crystal spider fang - 500
Crystal eyes mask - 500

All EASY to solo.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Aslann

That is Awesome EtCetera, thank you sooo much for the suggestion. Excactly what I was looking for, can't wait to check it out. May your warder be well fed and happy!
Elder Aslann Snowpawz
68 Vah Shir
Cazic (Brell)

JillieMT

Nurga ain't bad. In the time of one KEI, I used to rake in a couple hundred pp easily. Gobo's drop a few pp apiece, with the occasional 100-ish pp gem drops. You can also snipe named for bazaar loot.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tiroon

Dulak is still one of the richest zones and Oceancrasher should be still decent XP.

Torgiran Mines: 61 is good for a crawl through the tunnels near the entrance. Bouncers are still dark blue and together with the light blue miners a good mix. Some sellable loot on the general loot table and at least one named mob around, a dwarf who can drop a good mid-level H2H weapon. The loot to concentrate on in the area are Ornate Mining Picks. They drop often among the regular ones but sell for something like 40p. The picks weigh a ton so bring some sort of weight reduction bag. Tiroon has crawled out of this place with up to 630 weight. :-D

Velks: Velium weapon to ore conversion has just gone life and the consequences for the velium market are clear only to the point that velium prices will drop some. If you do the spiders around Crystal Fang watch out for the third named behind and down in the dead end. It drops the Gilded Brooch of the North and is no push over at all. One more thing: Crushed Diamond Dust can drop here. It's insanely rare and sells for a premium on all servers.

Acrylia Caverns: At 61 still good XP and acrylia converted to studs/boning should sell well on any server where the velium sells as well.

Skyfire for spell drops. Mobs are easy and again a good mix of dark/light blues. Chromos drop essence of sunlight too.  This is an option that might be worth exploring again now that mana regen pots mean you can carry KEI in bottles and in nice small chunks with you. Should make the dispelling chromos much less of a PITA.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Sorien

Aslann,

I'm a little reluctant to give this place up, as it is a very nice place to get some PP, XP, and a chance at the Spirit of Flame spell for us BST'S.  I'm sure that most know this spot, but maybe have not noticed it's benefits.

Tenebrous Mountains... PoK - Shadeweavers Thicket - Shar Vahl - Hollowshade Moore - Grimling Forest - Tenebrous Mountains - Vamp Castle in Tenebrous.

You will net anywhere from 1.5 - 1K per 45 min - 1 hour, depending on your ability to kill all mobs on the three floors in the Vamp Castle.

@ 62, it took me about 30 - 40 minutes to clear all three floors (save the general guy on the top floor above the coffins & the other vamp in the middle of the back balcony)<-- Nasty guys.  I don't see your magelo, so I cannot determine how fast you will be able to rip through all three levels.  You may have a few difficulties since you don't have the 62 pet as of yet.

-There are four other named vamps, one that roams between all three floors & one for each level.  Each named spawns about every hour.  Each named drops a high priced gem. 

-The other non-named are all lt.blue to lvl 62, don't know what they will be at your level.  The non-named will drop a few pp to a good 5 or so pp each.  They will also sometimes drop items (Coterie General Boots) which sell in bazaar for 100pp or so.  I really don't go to the hassle of Bazaaring them as they catch a pretty good bit of pp from vendors.  Non-named spawn pretty quickly after killed - maybe 30 min or so?

-Renaldak Masric has a chance to drop the Spirit of Flame spell.  You don't have your magelo link so I do not know if you have the spell yet.  If you don't, cool, you get to mem it!  If you do already, they can catch a pretty penny in the Bazaar.

-Once you have farmed all the Vamps, you can turn around and sell in Katta Castellum (If you haven't screwed your faction).  There is a vendor in the building right next to the bank which is located in the pit/or bottom floor of Katta Castellum.

-If you have the opportunity to finish within arount 30 - 35 minutes, swing over to the Grimling Caves in Tenebrous Mountains for some quick extra killing for some runes (anywhere from a few gold to 5PP per rune).  A little extra quick pp is always nice :)  You also have the chance to collect up on some Acrylia Bricks which you can either sell in Bazaar or use for your own Tailoring/Smithing needs.

Oh -- Levi is disabled in Katta Kastellum so be careful on the way down to the Bank/Vendor.

**EDIT**
Oh -- Best and Easiest method I've found to date to get 1.5 - 1K pp within an hour.  May be a little couter-productive if you have smeared your faction in Katta as the next nearest bank/vendor is a good ways away. 

The only downside is that it is pretty far away from civilization... but face it :)  Your here to farm pp aren't you :)

Aslann

Okay, it is now obvious to me where the wise Beast's hang out, HERE. Those are all unbelievably good suggestions and I will probably check out all of them. Sorien, I have been to the vamp castle in TM a long time ago and took a beating from those dirty bloodsuckers. It may very well be time for payback. Thank you all for your excellent suggestions. Good Hunting to all of you!
Elder Aslann Snowpawz
68 Vah Shir
Cazic (Brell)

Dakat

Santus Seru any of the guards.  Drop an average of 20pp each mob not to mention some items that can be sold to vendors. It's also not that far from PoK. 4 zones away but a relative short distance thru each zone.

Prelgor

Quote from: Sorien on July 16, 2005, 02:10:21 AM

**EDIT**
Oh -- Best and Easiest method I've found to date to get 1.5 - 1K pp within an hour.  May be a little couter-productive if you have smeared your faction in Katta as the next nearest bank/vendor is a good ways away. 

The only downside is that it is pretty far away from civilization... but face it :)  Your here to farm pp aren't you :)

Just a minor addition.  If the self-righteous Katta guards are too prejudiced or unforgiving to let you use their facilities, you can also go to the Vah Shir outpost in Grimling Forest.  This is near the zone line to Hollowshade Moor.  It's a hike, but at least it's not as far as Shar Vahl. :)  It has merchants for selling your loot and a banker, although not much else. 

Oh, and if the (bleep) Katta guards don't like you? Kill 'em!  Their weapons sell well ,and occasionally you get some armor that sells well too.   :evil:

Nekokirei

Quote from: Tiroon on July 15, 2005, 07:52:48 AM
Dulak is still one of the richest zones and Oceancrasher should be still decent XP.

heyas Ti!

aye, i was surprised at how quickly i was getting plat in Dulaks.  was helpinga druid withHealing Waters drops and he let me loot--was just interested in coin things.

3 hours there was better than 3 hours in nurga--but i think that's b/c i could mow through dulak mobs w/terrific ease.  plus gem drops seem a little more common in Dulaks.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Dakat

AC was also a good place to make some cash. A single run would yeild about 2k in pp. A run is the time it takes you to fill all your bags / slots full of runes and jewels pages and such then get to the bank and sell.  Only thing though its pretty far off the beaten path but worth the travel if you plan to stay a while.

Taiglin

Semi old thread but here is a guide as a supplement to what Sorien wrote re the vamp castle in TM. Now at lvl 65 on both toons I can rip through the entire castle in ~10min. Not sure what solo time would be. I FINALLY got the SoF to drop for me after probably 100 kills and a 8mo break from the game.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Nekokirei

was wandering about luclin and decided to check out the vamp castle last night--first time there.  never had a named spawn, but got to the 3rd floor and saw Coterie Corrupter floating about.  checked Alla and decided "today is NOT a good day to die", so cleared path out.

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Essant

The nameds there arent on placeholders.  They are static, timed spawns, and they will spawn approximately every 60 minutes or so.  If you keep them and the GENERALS down (screw the wimpy centurions) you have a chance to spawn Heratius Grolden on the top floor which can drop a fist of iron which still sells well.  He's a little bit harder than the other 4 nameds.  Kill him, Zevfeer will pop immediately.  Pray you remembered to bring 4 stakes with you, cos you aint taking him down otherwise - but yes, he's soloable depending on gear / resists.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Sorien

Yes, Zefveer may be solo'able by you! :)  Took us a good 30 minutes to kill that guy (Not the General) with the steaks.  Thing is, he kept gating from the hill behind the castle to the castle, running back pulling trains with him.  LOL, it was quite a chore to kill him with a full group & an uber equipped/AA'D Druid for heals.  @ LVL 62 or maybe even LVL 65, he is NOT soloable.