Main Menu

need $ at 61

Started by Aslann, July 14, 2005, 08:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essant

Yea .. hehe .. he's pretty tough.  Trust me, I know.  The vamp castle has been a favorite farming spot for me since I was about level 52 .. which was nearly 3 years ago.  And I've worked off and on with that guy over the years waiting for the first time I was able to solo him.  Tried FoL kiting and all that, too!  Doesn't work!  Resists count for a ton.  Resist his life tap and like any other mob that lifetaps like Trakanon or Venril Sathir, he's seriously gimpified.

Also one thing to remember that a lot of people dont seem to realize is that our pet, even when hes not tanking, counts for a very significant portion of our defensive ability.  Because he bashes, and stuns .. you will take significantly less damage from a mob if your pet is behind him making life miserable for him than you would if you were tanking a mob completely solo and your pet is off-tanking an add.  I personally prefer to utilize that defensive benefit that a pet gives you and focus dps on one mob at a time versus split-tanking.

A beastlord is all about balance.  I cannot stress that enough.  Its something a good beastlord who grew up hard and slow knows from his experience.  Technique counts for more in some situations that a lot of people seem to realize.  You have to develop a feel for your balance.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Nekokirei

regarding balance, tad off topic but i got that feel from you in a reply to another poster regarding Juggs in sebilis.  kinda gives me hope that after a few more levels, i'll be able to crawl through there and find a reet crown to complete the deceipt quest.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm