Main Menu

Elemental Only!

Started by Makani, January 10, 2004, 02:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noxdowne Draggout

I think rewarding level 65 elemental beastlords is a good thing.

For one it gives incentive to get there yourself.

Secondly it's nice to post a relavent question and not have to go back a month later and search through 2 pages of posts.

Thirdly it eliminates the "brag post" comments and allows you to say things openly to a group of your equals ( in game equals that is ).

Overall I think it is a good forum.

If you can't handle it then don't look at it.

I hardly look at the equipment section anymore.

I glance at the campfire.

I read every post in the 65 section.

Nox

mac173

Makani, I admire your convictions.

You may have jumped the gun, but you did it for the right reasons.

As they stand now, I have no problem with the forums. I didn't like the original descriptions either, but I'm usually slow to react, and was still caught up in the drama of the move.

So Makani, you a MOD again?

Makani

No, I'm not a moderator anymore.

After the forum description was changed so that it wasn't so "harsh" and the express written permission to swear in the rants section was removed (The two reasons I gave for my step-down) I was not asked to return.

The forum as it is now isn't bad. It's no different from the other forums such as "Equipment", just a seperated forum to keep it organized. The way it was described and implemented at first was indeed a "Members Only" type of thing which is what set me off.

Aggy

Having a forum for elemental issues makes SENSE, just like having a forum for P-Vs-P discussions would make sense if people wanted one.

Personally, I can understand why they didn't ask you to come back as a mod: quitting isn't the way that reasonable, mature adults deal with problems.

mac173

I'll quote myself......

Quote from: mac173and was still caught up in the drama of the move.

I think it apply's. We've all been caught up in the emotions of the move, and it is enevitable that some will react more, and more quickly, than others.

I hope it works out, Makani.

TerjynPovar

Jealousy is not the only reason why someone might be annoyed about this...but nobody who doesn't understand will ever be able to see any reason other than Jealousy.

I left a prior guild due to a situation somewhat like why Makani stepped down as a mod, so I know almost exactly how he feels.

Elitism for the sake of elitism is a bad thing...and just because you haven't been there doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid.  It's the same as the endless "You don't play a class X so you don't understand" BS which people fall back on when all their logical arguments fall short.

This, of course, no longer applies with the description as it stands today, but Makani had a valid feeling, and all the talks about thin skin is not fair.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Laba

Quote from: TerjynPovarIt's the same as the endless "You don't play a class X so you don't understand" BS which people fall back on when all their logical arguments fall short.

Yes im sure a warrior knows exactly how to play a wizard and vice versa.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Urim

Quoteand just because you haven't been there doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid
How can a person who has never seen the event or experienced the mobs be able to give a worthwhile opinion? Don't get me wrong, being elitist isn't good but some times it is a good idea to have a seperate section for those who have experienced a certain aspect of the game to get together and discuss that aspect of the game.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Elrathin

Quote from: UrimHow can a person who has never seen the event or experienced the mobs be able to give a worthwhile opinion?.

How about someone who has questions about the elementals?  Maqybe someone has a question and therefore can get an asnwer by someone who is in elementals.  Just cause their not in elementals means that they CAN be productive by asking questions.  I myself am not in elementals (Getting Close though), BUT I do have questions about them.  Try to keep that in perspective plz.

-Elrathin-
-65 Feral Lord-

Ghoat

I personally dont see any different than having seperate forums for 60-64 and 65 hunting grounds.  And I took "heavily moderated" to be a strong hint not to post "what class is best to duo with" or "best group for PoJ" trials type threads in that forum.  I didn't take as "if your magelo doenst have elemental stuff on it your post will be deleted"

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Skanda

Quote from: Urim
How can a person who has never seen the event or experienced the mobs be able to give a worthwhile opinion?

Quote from: ElrathinHow about someone who has questions about the elementals?

There's a difference between questions about some event in the elemental planes and trying to state your opinion about an encounter you've never taken part in before. The same way some lvl 30 guy may have a question about Droga (which is fine) but shouldn't exactly be trying to explain why he thinks the King camp sucks.

Skanda

Who do I have to kill for the edit button?