Main Menu

Growl of the Leopard

Started by hokarz, August 02, 2005, 11:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hokarz

Is it worth the mana and crystals to get this spell?
Savage Lord Hokarz

Nusa

The mana, certainly. The crystals...that depends on how soon you see yourself getting the level 69 upgrade to this spell.

rdahl

4 Emoush raids and still haven't gotten the upgrade.  Theoretically, you can attend Emoush raids until the end of time and never win the roll since only 1/4 of the raid can advance.  I understand some of the high level guilds can 1 group Emoush now, but have no verification of that.

Used as burst dps I can see the difference without having to parse.

Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

Dreead

Well one of these days your # has to come up. I would stick it out, since I spent the 120 crystals for that, and 2 days later got the 69 one.

And did you say burst dps for beast lords? Haha the spell is not burst dps.

rdahl

QuoteUsed as burst dps

note: the Used as, if I use it as burst dps, much like a discipline I can see the difference.

Spells can be used other than they were originally intended or other than they appear at first glance.  An easy to see case in point is the weaken line, it can be used as an agro grabber.  I imagine the original intent was to give weaken a down side but one can make lemon aide out of lemons.  haha.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

hokarz

I'm just about to hit 66 and even if I did have the 69 spell I wouldn't be able to use it :) Gonna be awhile, here at 66, so I can catch up in my spells and aa's.

Thanks for the replies...I'll probably get it, now.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Sorien

I just got it the other day.  Used it for the first time on the Murks in WoS :)  At 62, my performance and pet's performance in DPS are not that great against these guys.  Currently DPoC pet focused, my pet hits for max 76 I think.  The mana cost is 500 every cast for a one minute buff duration.  Instead of casting my usual Slow, Incapacitate, DoT... I cast slow and Leopard.  With only SP, paragon, and Mind Wrack from the Necro in group, I was keeping up with mana and was able to cast each time a Murk was in camp <-- Pally was semi chain pullin them, so no sitting to med was happening. 

I can say that IT WAS AWESOME :)

My pet now hits for MAX 85!!!! with this spell on,
I am now seeing myself do some decent damage on the MOB'S there,
The healers did not have to heal me because of the occasional riposte or aggro from slow, because of the 80 HP per tick portion of the spell. 

For me, this spell is truly awesome :)  Maybe not for it's every day use while soloing or with no form of mana regen, but it definately was cool. 

You gotta think about it too, 120 crystals is only a few days of a couple of DoN'S each...  Quite easy to get I would say.

Dakat

For your level, its definately worth getting.

I got mine and have no intentions of getting the level 69 one. I just did enough of DoN to get it and thats all I am doing. I am so burned out on doing these type of missions, Like LDON.  After doing over 1,000 LDONs you can understand how I am feeling.

Grbage

I love having the spell on raids, more mana then I know what to do with generally and the extra healing helps out from ae's and such.

Generally don't mem it for group xp though because I'll also be the slower/buffer etc. I just can't support the extra mana cost. If it is a slow pulling group then it is sustainable, but who wants a slow pulling group?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv