Main Menu

I thought the idiots were gone

Started by Dasquid, August 11, 2005, 01:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

I had figured that most of the people who I considered morons would have jumped ship from EQ to WoW. The lack of downtime and "better graphics" would have been all that was needed to drawn them in.

Well as events of the past few weeks have shown, that isnt the case at all.

I am looking to change an aug, little short on pp, need about 60ish pp more for the solvent. So I head back to EF real quick, giants arent camped and are quick cash. So I start killing; a rogue, level 40-something shows up. Sees me fighting an IG, runs up and stands behind it. I figure he's one of those people who have to "help" anyone they encounter fighting something. Well, he's isnt attacking, nope he just came up to pickpocket the mob I was fighting. What I wouldnt have given to have "Feign Death" right then. So I loot the giant, 1pp (not surprised as I understand you cant pp the last coin of any denomination).

I sit down to med, he comes up to me and says "SoW". I sat there looking at him, thinking to myself, that didnt just happen, Im imagining things. He says it again "SoW", he pickpockets the mob I am fighting, then doesnt ask for a buff, demands a buff without the slightest bit of courtesy.
( I know at least someone will say he was "roleplaying" as a rogue, /insert middle finger emotocon here, its not a license to be a complete tool)

About a week later, I am in Chardok.  Chardok and Chard b being one of my favorite places to go, usually empty; but not this time. Ench there, has the annoying habit of charming mobs that are PH's for named. Charm had broken and the mob had pathed back to its normal spot. I am doing my named cycle and I kill the ph. They say in /ooc "oh thanks, now I need to find another pet" Plenty of stuff to charm, I dont see why they need to pick one that I use for tribute gear.

Not too long after that, I am in Griegs, killing a named past the gate area. All of a sudden I see 2 invised people come running into the room. I think they might need the Griegs key so I say "need key?" They say "no, we were camping this room" Really?  That explains why the room is a full pop including a named, I've been in that general area for about 20 minutes and havent seen anyone else, and one of them was a druid and could track, but I managed to get here before they did. The area where the mobs are DB to a 70 isnt that big, if they were actually there I would have to had crossed paths with them at least once, wouldnt you think?

Oh well, at least none of them trained me................yet.

danaconda

Ok, about your first story there, I am almost positive that a WHIIILLLEEE back SOE publically stated that rogues will have a separate "pickpocket money pool" so that any money that is picked is essentially "free" money. I remember this because I thought, "Oh good, now no one can blame a rogue for stealing their cash." Maybe it never got implemented properly?
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Urim

QuoteOk, about your first story there, I am almost positive that a WHIIILLLEEE back SOE publically stated that rogues will have a separate "pickpocket money pool" so that any money that is picked is essentially "free" money. I remember this because I thought, "Oh good, now no one can blame a rogue for stealing their cash." Maybe it never got implemented properly?
Was never implemented due to the fact that it would equate to roughly double the cash drops from mobs if you had a rogue in group (or a rogue was soloing).
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'