Main Menu

*sigh* nothing like a rigid catagory system to screw bsts some more

Started by hakaaba, August 12, 2005, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

Im in an officer loot guild and they recently decided to go to a new system of dealing with anguish augs.  In this system there are "casters" and there are "melee" and thats it.  (oh i bet you know where im going with this now)  Obviously hybrids are entirely melee and only benefit from melee upgrades so thats where we were placed.  The flowing thought/regen/dotshield aug which is only my FIRST PRIORITY is obviously only beneficial to casters as well.  Therefore hybrids can not loot FT augs.  Make sense to anyone else? no? good. *sigh*

I literally wrote a short essay explaining my case on our forums but i get nothing but "oh poor beastlord" from MONKS who have never played my class.  The one chance i might actually get an item thats an upgrade to a couple of things at the same time and they have to go screw it up.

Actually i did get a sympathy/agreement tell from an ex-beastlord in my guild (now playing a zerker).

I hate people.

In the end all i managed to do was convince the officers to let me classify myself as a caster which ironically helps me more cause i can get FT -> avoidance -> spellshield and then work from there.  Bye bye melee upgrades though :(

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Grbage

Never heard of such a load of BS. BST/RNG/SK/Pally/Bard?? need to gear up both sides. Try and get the other hybrids in your guild to chime in and see if you can get it changed back. Not one to usually say leave your guild but if they stick to this loot plan you might consider it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Dummkopf

I saw this misconception that there are melee or caster augs in coa a few times, but actually nearly every aug benefits every class and be it only by hp and mana on it. As hybrids we naturally could use all of those augments so it would be probably a good move to get all the hybrids in your guild on the same subject and argue for hybrids being in both categories, although the category is inherently flawed anyway.

hakaaba

They claim that it would be unfair to allow hybrids access to more augs than others have access to.  And as stupid as that is thats the only thing remotely close to a reason they have heh

It doesnt help that were really short on hybrids.  Im the only member bst.  One of our few bards looted the FT aug before they decided on this. and the pallys/sks just plain dont care that much

Khayden

Sounds like they're a bunch of nutters.

I'd ask them if pure melee should be excluded from taking runes because their discs aren't that important.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

hokarz

why don't they do a dkp system like most every other highend guild uses? eh?
Savage Lord Hokarz

Khayden

There are lots of reasons not to use DKP and I'd dispute that most high end guilds use it.

That doesn't excuse the sheer idiocy of not allowing people to compete for items that benefit them however.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Tastian

The lack of understanding is very much a problem and very frustrating.  If it might make you feel any better here are a few other "omfg" momments in guild histories for me...

-  NO PETS (ever, period, no one, ever ever ever)  /boggle

-  Bst required to have Combat fury 3, and enforced to the point that a beastlord with 300 AA that app'd was told to grind it out and waste points before they'd be considered. 

-  Officer based loot system that saw such gems as 2 straight warriors being given EDs to OH over numerous bst/brd/etc.  This same loot council felt that a mage and then a nec that already had RS pet focus would make more use of eye of labrinth dweller over two beastlords that had DPoC/MoE. 

Tons of other issues, but these popped into my head first and seemed to fit into the category of "omfg shouldn't you know better if you have any say in decisions" lol. 

Oh wait, I was almost once forced to spend dkp on that schitty 2hb mpg bst weapon.  That was a priceless conversation.  *shrugs*

Seriously though things like guild rules make an impact for some people and skew various aspects of balance.  I've seen times when some classes were totally under performing and others were operating near peak and you have some people in the guild saying how their class isn't strong enough when really they are more than fine.  I truely feel for some people in some guilds I know of.  Hopefully you've got someone in guild that atleast partly understands.  I found it invalueable to have atleast one person with a clue of game mechanics to help me laugh off some high quality BS from time to time. 

hakaaba

meh a couple of people at least stepped forward enough to say that they agree with me.  The system is unlikely to change at this point though as the officers remain "unconvinced" :( At least im getting good practice writing persuasive essays lol

Rhoam

Heh, tell them to pull their heads out of their collective arses and quit that guild. Anyone that thinks things are that black and white in this game is not being realistic or fair to you in the end. I could not be part of a guild with such ignorant leadership, but that  is just me, I am not used to be ordered around by teenagers.

Chickennuggets

"They claim that it would be unfair to allow hybrids access to more augs than others have access to.  And as stupid as that is thats the only thing remotely close to a reason they have heh"

What about the fact that it is unfair for hybrids to NEED access to more augs than others do, and have two groups to fight to get what we need?
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

hakaaba

Unfortunately my guild officers do not control beastlord itemization or class definition or whatever they call it :p

Actually they pseudo listened to me and set it up so during official guild anguish raids, everythings open to everyone.  While im still prohibited from going in on melee augs on off days i find this acceptable (although not optimal)

Biostar

I feel for ya Hakaaba my guild is kind of speading out the anguish augs. Everyone gets at least 1 aug regardless of class before they reset it again. Bright side is rules don't apply to off day aug farming but whomever leads it makes the rules. I agree that those augs could benefit just about every class in some way. Its wrong to discriminate a class or label them so that they are removed from a lotto. You put in your time just like the rest and deserve a fair shot. I tend to look down upon guild that have officer awared loot since its open to so much abuse. You can always come over to my guild Hak.  :-D
[