Main Menu

Sphinxes following relocation of gukta

Started by Thelynxeffect, August 15, 2005, 10:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thelynxeffect

Just a heads up for peeps at the sphinx stage:

Both Sphinxes are now in the north east corner of zone.

However when u do first hand in and answer riddles the rambling sphinx does not spawn near by (was a bit concerned when not see a mob attacking me and thought dang quest is bugged)

But managed to keep me fur on and remembered that the sphinx use to occupy a plateau in the south west corner of zone when i fought in RM back in '00 with my old necro.  So headed on over there and found rambling up on the plateau (phew!).  A quick smack around with help from Kareja and one mob dead at my feet.

Hope this helps some peeps  :-D

Thorgrym

Thanks for the heads up, Im almost on this stage and I think I would have had a mild heart attack if I couldnt find the mob and a GM told me everything was working as intended ....

Utqnia

I have done the first hand in to get the first spinx to spawn, and he popped right behind the downed Sphinx.

I havent done the second one yet, my healer had to camp.

Will repost once I can confirm that they now pop in the right place

noslen

Both pops are now over each sphinx.. I did this about 3 weeks ago..
70 Beastlord
Lord Noslen

Bristlebane Server

Sariss Bloodscale

I can continue to confirm that they are popping right above the unconscious sphinx as of yesterday. 

The stupid sphinxes themselves seem to have a hearing problem, I guess they really are getting old?  You have to essentially stand directly underneath them for them to respond to your Hails or responses.  You do have some wiggle room if you want to run 'em around as there aren't any mobs in the immediate area.

Because no turn-in was required to get the whole thing going, I decided to give soloing the mini-sphinxes a shot (sphinxettes?) as all my friends were on an Anguish raid.  I am pleased to report that they are indeed soloable, albeit painfully.  The little buggers quad for a max of 675, although the max I ever got hit for in one round was something like 1300 total.  I had KEI and conviction on besides my self-buffs, so hp was around 10.6k and ac was around...1750?  I got my pet some toys, but I never remember to buy potions, so no DS or HoT's for me.    Easily slowed.  I tanked for most of the fight, backing off once to heal myself each fight to around 90% or so.  I went full-on offensive with 2 DoTs, 2 DDs and the 68 DoD spell and the fights still lasted long enough that protective popped back up a few seconds after the first one died.  I used my 2hb as the stun procs apparently worked.  Sphinxette #1 ran, #2 didn't.  Fight #1 got me down to 60mana (but would've been lower if I had remembered to load my durn DoD pet instead of a weak DD), #2 I was at 30 after paragoning and medding some before engaging.

The main sphinxes respawn fairly quickly after you're done, I would wager within 15 minutes after turn-in.

Tardar

The first Sphinx mitigated slow, the second didn't.  Easily soloable.

cettin

I up to this point and i went try hail ankhefenmut i con threatingly to him and i iksar beast anyone have idea what i might done wrong up to this point or how i need get faction up help be great.

Sariss Bloodscale

Run up to him, get right under him, and hail him.  He'll attack, but there'll also be an emote "Ankh~~ looks at you curiously" and you'll get  afaction message.  Zone to lose aggro (and keep pet backed off this entire time) and when you come back you'll be indiff or amiable, I forget which.  It's a gigantic faction hit.

Gilik

I had issues with this too. You need to be standing really close, pretty much inside of him, to get the faction hit.

Rykusx

I got the faction hit but am still Dubious to him - he won't respond to my hails now, nor any of the text " I am willing to help", "I am the beastlord", etc etc... any ideas?
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Kitathia

For some reason the second Sphinx kept wanting to eat my cleric ( high-elf) Had to zone her twice to be able to get on with the small-talk, so beware of that. keep the other group memebers a bit back ( if you bring any)

Glad I brought the cleric though. I'm 7.8 K with Viction and selfbuffs and I had a nice fight, but, I doubt I would have made it with out the heal assistance.

The mob spawns instantly after you prompt it which sorta took me by surprise a little.

I went to WARMLY faction after 1 hail btw. ( Vah Shir)

2 more fights to go!

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

larir

No matter how close I stand , I can't get the big A to respond to my hails!!! Any ideas?

Timberghost

have you tried doing any of the other text with him?  Does he respond to any of the other magic words from the dialog in the walkthrough?

(btw thanks kitty for the cool new .sig)

larir

Never mind, i got them to respond. Now all i gotta do are the 2 raids and I get my 1.5!!

griff10

All you do is hail az and start doing dialog.  It will work.  One note I noticed is that zaz aggroed on my chanty which was parked just off from where the 2 hang out.  I did dialog and went to zaz and dialoged.  When he went down no spawn.  I checked whole zone and he was not up.  I re did the dialog and both mobs did not move.  I was able to get them to spawn.  So make sure u do dialog where they stand.  Just an FYI!  Good luck!