Main Menu

Where should I be soloing?

Started by Beldarr, August 27, 2005, 07:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beldarr

Magelo is fairly accurate, I keep a fair amount of heal potions and crack in a bottle with me at all times, and a cleric/chanty for buffs when their owners aren't using them, heh. I've soloed trash in the south field in wos with moderate to low downtime, and I still like to go there from to unwind, but I'm looking for more of a challenge, especially if it means a chance at glowing runes. But a viable solo exp/farm spot is just as good to me...so I'm looking for suggestions, thank you in advance.
Wildcaller Beldarr The

Zanois

NE Murkglider cave in WoS is awesome solo exp, if I recall 6-7% aa per kill, However, mobs do run, keep hobble up at all times, and time ya nukes for that moment as they start to run, easy exp, no trains, just keep working your way thru them, I think there is only 2 spots you'll get a double pull...

Obviously C1 in Fire is another option, lots of people said they exp there, personally I can't stand PoFire, never have never will.

May sound crazy, but if I recall also, any of the GoD sewers are fairly good AA exp, and pose the chance of a GoD rune to help fill ya book if nothing else, can get those solo also, which is nice.

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Essant

never tried soloing those murks .. i always took a snarer, but i suppose its possible - have to try.  best advice i can give you tho is to pull with annul magic.  these murks are FAST .. like .. selo's speed .. so whatever it is that they cast on themselves try and get it off in inc so it wont be there when they try to run.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Baracca

You may be able to take out some named in RCoD some have chance at glowing. I recently decided to try there, fun fights solo. Usually camp Dragorn Laborer , Granitesmash, and Kyv Bowhound while I,m there. fairly underused zone as well so usually easy to get a camp, when not grouped etc.

Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

Carnivac

Quote from: Baracca on August 31, 2005, 09:47:42 AM
You may be able to take out some named in RCoD some have chance at glowing. I recently decided to try there, fun fights solo. Usually camp Dragorn Laborer , Granitesmash, and Kyv Bowhound while I,m there. fairly underused zone as well so usually easy to get a camp, when not grouped etc.

How can you solo these named when they can actually summone you?  You cant actually tank them while there quading for 600+ ???
Carnivac - Iksar Beastlord
Founder Member of United Kingdoms
"Its not the destination that matters, its the journey"
My Opinions Are My Own!

kharthai

RCoD names are doable, depending on gear of course.  Buffs help too, and healing potions.. if you find some caster named (not sure if Ornaia the Foul is a caster or not) should be easier as well, since they waste so much time casting.  Dispel the ikaavs if you try that route heh.

Baracca

QuoteHow can you solo these named when they can actually summone you?  You cant actually tank them while there quading for 600+

When i go to farm em i grab a convic for myself and pet before i go and my buffs.. I do buff resists a bit for the named with procs/casters which helps. The ones i listed i can assure you are soloable. May be a lil trial and error on how you go about it and where you fight them at (they do run when low, hobble helps). you will use a good bit of mana healing yourself etc tankin but when there its not to grind. its to farm. Greater runes are more common than the glowing but they do drop.
Don't expect it to be easy....thats the fun of it. Duo the mobs are cake, solo the mobs are challenging.
Good luck.
Baracca Smilodon
The Rathe
League of Levity
Kat Toyz

SairelSpiritwind

I came upon this thread and thought I'd check out RCoD to see if I could solo any of these named mobs.  My gear isn't great, partly the result of an 8 month absence from the game.  But, I figured it couldn't hurt to try, so I got CV, conviction for myself and my pet, and headed to RCoD.  I decided to stick to just looking for the named mentioned in this thread.  Kyv Bowhound (or his PH) was down, and someone was camping Granitesmash, so I headed to the Dragorn Laborer spot.  The named wasn't up, so I pulled what I assume was just an ordinary trash mob (a sympathetic dragorn, I think?).  And, it did hurt to try.  After burning protective spirit and replenish companion, and 7 or 8 slow resists, I was back at my bind point.  So, my question is, did I just have a bit of bad luck with the resists, or are these guys just naturally resistant?  If it was in fact just bad luck, do you guys think I'd have any chance at all of soloing a named, based on my magelo?

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=789094

I don't have access to a second account, but if it looks like soloing them is out of the question, I could probably get a friend or two to come along.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer.

Shieara

One of the red dragorns?  Over by what we call either Statue or Benches camp?

Those guys aren't exactly trash mobs.  They're part of the Tiorpat Tornwing event.  I've killed them in a full group (necessary to really exp there safely), but solo I would be dead asap.  They are extremely resistant to all spells, including slow.  When I kill there I have a chanter and after tash I chain slow with both toons. 

I'll be honest to say I have no idea if you can solo the named in the zone (I always box a healer if I am going there), but I would try with some other mob then the sympathetic dragorns to test the waters.  They can be kind of badass.  You will find other mobs don't resist nearly as much and are easier. 

Aside:  There is a named ph over near the sympathetics..it's "a dragorn laborer" though and you shouldn't have the same problems if you can get him single.  He's much less resistant to spells.

SairelSpiritwind

I went back earlier this evening to try again, and this time I figured I'd try a different mob.  So, I headed over to Granitesmash's spawnpoint and killed his PH.  Fight was somewhat challenging, although I didn't have to burn any AAs/discs besides protective spirit.  I then sat down to wait for the named/PH to spawn again, but I decided to suspend my pet to save buff timers, and to remain visible just so nobody would get any ideas about taking my camp.  In retrospect, these were both very dumb things to do  :-P .  A dragorn snuck up on me, and although I was able to get my pet out and get him slowed, the whole thing went south when he ran at low health and aggroed another mob.  I managed to gate out, and I decided to return and try again.

This time, the Kyv Bowhound was up, with nobody camping him.  So, I figured I'd give it a shot, and in fact I was able to solo him, although it was very close.  Unfortunately, I ran into the same problem I had with the roaming dragorn:  when he ran, he aggroed another mob just before I could kill him.  I managed to loot him (only dropped a spire control shard) and gate again.

Went back a third time, this time with a 66 necro friend.  We initially were camping the Bowhound, Granitesmash, and Onaria, although we lost the Onaria camp to another group later.  In our time there, Granitesmash never spawned, but the Bowhound did spawn a second time, and we killed him (this time he dropped a caster range item).  Strangely, the second fight with my necro friend helping was actually more difficult than when I soloed him.

Anyway, thanks to the poster who mentioned this spot, it looks like a few friends and I may have a new hunting ground.

Grbage

Take a druid, makes these guys an extremely easy duo.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Utqnia

I just dinged 69 and turned in to greaters already.

I two box a druid (64) or a monk (70)

Sounds like this would be better with the druid, the question I had was do they drop all the different runes or just greater/glowing?

Is this doable with a 64 boxed druid??

Xular

where is a good spot to solo at 70 with about 171 AAs and 8k hp unbuffed? i can solo WoS but its not good xp and i duo MPG with my cleric but still not good xp

Predator Xular
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226447