Main Menu

New troll warder...

Started by Tastian, September 15, 2005, 12:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

Well, if memory serves me right they perma shrunk the gecko o doom about 2yrs ago now before introducing the "fix" of a basilik. So going on that track record, don't hold your breath.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Hanlaana

It's been a month since my gator went through the "change". Any update on when/if we'll get our gators back?
Hanlaana Winterbourne
Beastlady of FV

Nusa

My opinion is that you never will. Too many of you like the new models...and I've seen a lot of non-trolls that are insanely jealous of your new pet as well.

Kanan

The new model is cool and all.. but boy does it not fit the lore tremendously.  You got a lotta traveling to do to find a basilisk near grobb.  (Well, same for Shar Vahl, but we're cats for god's sake ;p)

Chop the middle 2 legs out.. lengthen the beak.. then u've got a decent model.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

bayoubob

As you may be able to tell from my name this new warder doesn't quite fit my swamp look anymore, however, I must say I do like this model quite a bit and unless SoE is going to give us a warder that looks like the PoEarth crocks I want to keep this one  :-D . I love how it looks swimming with those six legs or how its head bobs and weaves when i cast fero on it.

Bayoubob Pappertank
lv70 BST
Meatheadd Sausagemaker
lv 69 SK

Swampas

I want the old one back IF they make it bigger..the only reason i like the new one is because hes bigger than my ol lil gator

Torkab

I really hate the new troll warder model, the baby gator was much better.

Ragi FV

I want my gator back!  And I want him to be larger than before like the caimens in Oasis.  Everyone else has a normal size pet.  The current one sucks.....what is it again? 

Snarle

Okay, newly registered, Troll Beastlord on Xegony.  I initially tried every playable BL race on a variety of servers and looked at the warder and how it looked with the player race. I settled on the Troll because IMO the combination looked right together, fit well in the game, and the warder itself was well rendered. I took a brief break from the game prior to the release of DODH and came back just before Christmas in 2005. Needless to say I was distressed over the change. I don't really even look at my warder now because its not my warder! Its a pile of SOE replacement pixels that have no place in the game as a Troll BL pet.

I initially rationalized the change knowing that a) SOE doesnt fix everything that is broken right away, and accepted their claim of "We have some difficulties to overcome graphics problems with the older model" at face value and in good faith.

The latest patch message now shows me that SOE has never intended to fix this problem, and will not do so without class (not race) pressure.

From the Feb 21st patch:
"*** General Bug Fixes***
- Players will no longer see their breath in first person while on a boar mount.
- Froglok jump animation will now play at normal speed"

These two trivial items that do not impact the playability of the game in anyway were addressed before the Troll warder! That says quite a bit between the lines.

I hope that the bold words cited in another forum at this site are true - "We are still a community"...

Trolls really do need your help to correct this (now) ridiculous situation. Imagine Vah Shir, if you were a victim of this problem (for a while, your warders were oversize - but you sure didnt get one of those Shadeweaver beetle models as a replacement). Imagine brothers, a world of Ogres with froglok tads, Barbarians with snow spiders, Iksar with the Field of Bone spiders. Some might argue that they would like the changes, but I doubt that would make it right for the majority.

Please help the Trolls, as a class, restore their birthright and their warder pride!

Thank you

Snarle

Ragi FV

Agree with above!

Give me back Gator!  I don't like Thing!  WTH is it anyway?

Gazzuk

Old troll warder back, please.

Krohnic

i play an iksar myself and cant wait for the day they fix the freezing (hopefully with veksar/chardokB chokadai graphics). but i do agree with the majority here, there were already newer better gator models available (pop crocs) so why change it to something completely unrelated and non-sensical? i think i agree with whoever it was that said this is like iksar waking up with shiliskin warders, or vah shir with drachnids, or ogres with witherans, etc.

Goom

I'm SO HAPPY I just found this thread!

Except for the implication that since it's 8 months old, it's likely we trolls will be stuck with that stupid basilisk forever.  :x

Size is DEFINITELY the issue. It's a status symbol. You work your butt off to get up in levels - you get all those spells, you bother mages for the items - and the result is a wonderful pet that inspires jealousy in every other class! But if you're a troll, you don't get to flaunt it. Sometimes people won't see your tiny pet and think you're an overweight monk. It's so unfair.

I don't hate the basilisk. The aligator was far, far better. You're a troll - you grew up in a swamp. What's a basilisk? Can you SPELL "basilisk" ? Why, oh why, do you have one following you? Where'd it come from?

I want my gator. I want it to be big and wonderful. I am so tired of seeing those giant wolves and bears and knowing that my pet is every bit as good as theirs - but no one knows it but me.

The warder's appearance is the greatest status symbol we get in EQ. Let us be proud.

Firiona.Goom
(fennin.faza)
The above post may contain opinion mixed with fact. You're human too.

ShadowBlade3000

I've decided to cancel my account until they give us our alligators/crocodiles back. I can no longer enjoy playing the game with that god awful Basilisk in place of what was the reason of creating my character to begin with. It won't matter if they give us a new or old model of an Alligator/Crocodile, just as long as its just a plain ole alligator/crocodile. I'll still try to be vocal about it but it may seem like not much will ever be done about it. >_<
Bagzak- L60 Troll BL
I want my alligator back! ;_;

goneandromeda

I'm extremely upset that this still hasn't been fixed. I loved my croccy, Mr Fishbreath. Chose troll just for him. Since the change to the ugly 6-legged lizard thing, I've tried Vah Shir bst and Barb bst...doesn't work for me. Now my main is a troll SK because of this.

Gimme Mr Fishbreath back! :(

I have /feedbacked this like 3 times *sigh*