Main Menu

New troll warder...

Started by Tastian, September 15, 2005, 12:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazzuk

Couple of reasons why i'm upset with new warders.

1) I don't know how many times iv'e seen the model in the dodh/por expansion. Im sick of it. Our old warders were quite an uncommon sight, and I enjoyed that.

2) It's anatomically incorrect. It has 6 legs and a very blunt/short mouth. Alligators/Crocodiles have 4 legs, and long narrow mouth.

3) It's the main reason I picked the troll. Every other class's pet was just, so common, you never saw any crocodile/alligator warders. I got a lot of positive comments about how cool it looked. Now I get "What the bloody hell did they do to your warder?"

4) It makes this weird pathing thing, where it gets into a spot, and just goes back and forth for a while. Our old warder never did that.

Boy would I appreciate having our old warder back  :wink:

Boister

The reason i select Troll as Bst was the gator, i didn't want to become another Tiger Bst.  I do like the Tiger pet, they are great and everything, the main concern is there to much of them.  Gator really reflect the heritage of a Troll, been swamp creature its normal that we become attune to the beast of this environement.  God, EQ dev have put graphic for Time elemental BP that fit the ideal of swamp creature (that BP look ugly).

Please give us back our little gator, i can go on with a small pet (even if i find it frustating when next to a Tiger pet same level as mine and 10 times bigger), its really dfine our race/class better than the Basilic one.
Boister, 75 Beastlord, Nameless
Boister

Gazzuk

Account Cancelled, #2 reason being that I cannot stand to look at that ugly piece of shi* any longer.

Gorz

I returned to EQ about a week ago and still hope that we will get a gator model soon.
I recently ran to Shar Val to get my letter from Muada and when entering the palace I noticed that the two warders there had upgraded models, they are less big now but are well animated and have more polygons.
I can almost smell a change to warder models in general and think it will not be much longer till it happens.
To sum it up for me: I would like to have my gator back because that Basilisk is not an animal but an abomination BUT: Until they have time to fix this, I prefer the Basilisk to the old mini-gator.

Just need a little bit more patience I guess, still hoping we will get the Tar'Dak Hunter model from PoNightmares as a warder model, how cool would that be :)
Revenge fer Grobb, da Frogs will bleed !

Mewzee

Seems beastlords win. Saw that the NDA for TSS expansion has been lifted, and saw that after TSS
is released there supposeably going to give us NEW WARDERS after a few patches I think!

Check out this link for more TSS info also...Read the Coming Soon section for the new warders plug.

http://primaldreams.everquestguilds.net/index.vm?sessionServerID=t0IwmAgpGHnU6GgN

I'm kinda excited and at the same time I'm dreading, if they ruin all warders for everyone this time....:( God i'll be so pissed...

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Gatr

Hey All,

I think the Basilisk warder sucks go back to the alligator warder and make it look better and make it scale in size like the Kitty's cat warder does. I notice nothing has been done about this so plz fix it.

Gatr Bait
55 BstLord
Bristlebane

hakaaba

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Zanazoo

I want my Gator back, please

Bulge

here is a quote from Polanski, who was a beta-tester for TSS:

QuoteYes they are confirmed coming, but not with TSS launch. Source (only people with beta access will be able to use that link and I'm not allowed to quote from it.).

There is a new spectre and alligator already done with TSS but I would consider it very unlikely that will be in the global file by tuesday.

And he linked a pic of the new warder too: http://eq2images.station.sony.com/000/001/118/840.jpg

He said it was from an official source/quote on the beta-forums, which can only be read by those with access off course.  I am VERY happy with the new model in that pic! )
Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

Gorz

Oh my this is nice !
When will it go live? Can't wait :)

Discordant

I hate to burst anyones bubble, but I don't remember ever seeing anything about new beastlord warder graphics during the entire Beta.  In fact, the posts quoted above about Necro's spectre pets is incorrect, because the necros asked for a new pet graphic, and the devs in no uncertain terms told them that they would not be updating that graphic.

Gorz

OK thanks for bursting that bubble.

This sucks !
I mean I was coping with the basilisk, after all they said that it was a TEMPORARY change when they introduced it :(
Now we all get our hopes up and get a kick in the nuts instead, bah.

Oiingo

We did a Leviathan raid a few days ago and it looks like the same zone where that screenshot came from, and it makes me wonder: Why can't we have the original pets back?  They're the same one that's now in that zone (instead of the upgraded model shown).
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

hakaaba

I still want the new vah shir warder :/  You dont have to walk by a reminder that a better model exists every time you origin to grobb.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Inphared

Lol, I always leave Shar Vahl by going up in the tunnels, as if I were going to Mauda, and then I just fall off the wall and walk around all that crap.