Main Menu

New troll warder...

Started by Tastian, September 15, 2005, 12:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

This will hopefully be a very simple and smooth going thread.  All I need are troll beastlords to post how they feel about their new warder graphics so I can get some idea of where people stand on it.  A simple ye or nay will likely suffice, but if you want to say more go for it.  8)  Please also tell others to drop a little post in this thread if they want or PM me or e-mail me.  I'll leave this here for a few days as more and more play around with the new warders.  No guarantees on what will happen, but would like to consolidate the multiple threads we've got going on these boards atm.

ShadowBlade3000

Adding screenshot of the new warder: http://www.geocities.com/shadowblade3000/newgator.JPG

Nay.

Thankfully it sounds like it is temporary. I loved my alligator, and miss it to death now. I really want it back, as the new warder sorta turns me off from playing my BL. ;_;

I hope they fix the graphics issue asap with the old model alligator and give it back to us.
Bagzak- L60 Troll BL
I want my alligator back! ;_;

Caave Monster

I'll have to go with Yay for now.

The new graphic isn't that bad and I have to be glad it isn't something worse. (though I would be happy with the basilisk from poearth look more)
Whenever they change it back, the old gator model is fine. (poearth basilisk preferable though!)  :-)
Caave Monster the Vampire Hunter
Troll Arch Animist
<Triton> Povar

Zruk

Nay, Bring back Gator plz

Zruk

Tigarri

I'm a 70 Vah Shir Beastlord....with a 61 Troll Beastlord alt named Stieve Uhrwen...I need my croc back (he wasn't a gator.) ;)

On a side note, if it weren't for my name, I'd like the new warder. /shrug

Nals Picure

Really hope it stays as it is now, was extraordinarily p.o'd when they gave us the first gheko look then took it back, so really hope this doesn't happen again.
Nals Picure
He who was formerly the Fatestealer

Gorz

More Ye than anything, I found the mini-gator super annoying !
Having said that, of course it would be good if they gave us a properly sized croc (PoN croc comes to mind), but maybe the croc models are just too long (nose to tail) to make decently sized warders. IF they stick with the basilisk (which I would not mind at all) they should populate Innothule Swamp with them too.

If they gave us back the old mini-gator. I would be pi$$ed off to say the least !
Revenge fer Grobb, da Frogs will bleed !

Prelgor

Nay.  I rolled a troll for the gator/gecko, and I want my old pet back!  This kind of change, out of the blue, is jarring, making it all the more bitter.  I can understand that the old models needed to be changed, but the lack of communication makes me upset. 

For now, I have accepted that Binky is just very, very sick.  I will give him the love and support he needs during these troubled times.  With Innoruuk's blessing, we can both channel our anger into more effectively turning other things into tiny little squishy bits.  But we both want his old body back.    :cry: 

ShadowBlade3000

"Unfortunately this is not a bug, the troll warder was changed to fix some graphic issues.   We are looking onto a way to fix it so the trolls can have their alligator warder back but likely any graphic issues would still be a problem."

"The troll warder was changed due to graphics issues with the gator.  We are looking to see how it can be fixed so trolls can get the gator back, but as of right now returning the gator will also return the problems."

For those wanting the Basilisk, it is temporary from the sound of above, and we will get our gators back from the sound of it. Until then I can't play my BL because I am that turned off from the basilisk warder. >.<
Bagzak- L60 Troll BL
I want my alligator back! ;_;

Brumbkab

Nay. I created this toon in part because of the gator warder. If they need to change it because of  "bugs" then at least keep it in the same species. I dont like having my pet changed on me. I still think making it a balsilisk (sp) is like tiger warders being changed to hyenas, because after all.. they are both mammals. Pls change it back to a gator.

Brumbkab the troll

Hanlaana

Nay to the new model.  I would love if they update the warder model, as long as it's still a croc.  I don't think it's fair that they changed it to a completely different species.
Hanlaana Winterbourne
Beastlady of FV

Skratz

Definate ye from me. 
Love the new action he takes. It really brings him to life, instead of sitting there snapping his trap like my wife, he actually moves, and attacks.  Watching him swim is really neat too.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Nimbin

Yay I guess, the little guy has grown on me.  I like the dust trails he leaves behind when zooming around. 

Perhaps....they could allow an option to summon one or the other by adding another spell or heaven forbid just give us as spell, even a quest would do.  Same pet just a different model.  Then also make this an option for all beastlords and even necros since I know some have been wanting a different pet graphic as well.

Just adding the Beastial Alignment still transforms you into a gator.

Skratz

The one thing i noticed (as a beast that actually enjoys Beastial Alignment) the beastial alignment still uses the old gator form, so my pet actually makes me look weak!
Still voting that I like the new look.
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
75 Beastlord of Vazaelle(Troll Power!)
Now residing in Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Nay

Have to say the new warder is cool looking and if I had started with him it would be a different story. As it is, I miss the gecko. Oh yeah, SOE may say it is temporary but short term/temp to SOE means sometime within the next couple of years.

Just curious, when did this graphical bug show up? Heard nothing about it and did not personally see any issue.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv