Main Menu

Beastlord - Ancient: Spirit Chaos

Started by Urim, January 11, 2004, 12:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urim

New ancient spells on Lucy and we get one.

Ancient: Spirit Chaos

This seems to be a slightly better version of Spiritual Vigor

Spiritual Vigor
Increase ATK by 40
Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'ATK' and < 115
Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 1002
Increase Max Hitpoints by 225

Ancient: Spirit Chaos
Increase ATK by 48
Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'ATK' and < 0
Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Summon PC' and < 0
Increase Max Hitpoints by 270

8 more attack and 45 more hp .... Not exactly sure what "Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Summon PC' and < 0" but i guess its still in the early stages.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Zorthar

Nice, first time I heard about new ancient spells. ^_^

Lelyia

QuoteAncient: Spirit Chaos
Increase ATK by 48
Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'ATK' and < 0
Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Summon PC' and < 0
Increase Max Hitpoints by 270

Well I'd wager that Summon PC = what Pets are flagged as.  The first stacking speaks for itself it blocks BSS.  The second stacking I'd assume is something they haven't decided on yet.

Pojodan

Hmmm.. so we finally got an 'ancient' spell and it's a minor upgrade to a buff that people only want when Rangers or Paladins arn't around... sweeeet =P

Well.. I can't complain, not like I'll ever get this spell since I'm not into raiding ;P

But enough of my cynicism.  :P

Nalitra

This needs to be changed to Ancient Chaos Dominion.  

Our Spiritual Dominion line of spells is the one buff we have that is requested no matter what other classes we are grouped with.  

Spiritual Dominion is now 9 hp/9 mana regen, lasting 45 min.  

Please give us Ancient Chaos Dominion.  Make it 10 hp/10 mana regen and have it last 60 min.  It would be a small enough upgrade in hp and mana that it would not be over powering.  The convenious of it lasting an additional 15 min would be great.

Nalitra
65 Feral Lady

Mahes

Quote from: NalitraThis needs to be changed to Ancient Chaos Dominion.  

Our Spiritual Dominion line of spells is the one buff we have that is requested no matter what other classes we are grouped with.  

Spiritual Dominion is now 9 hp/9 mana regen, lasting 45 min.  

Please give us Ancient Chaos Dominion.  Make it 10 hp/10 mana regen and have it last 60 min.  It would be a small enough upgrade in hp and mana that it would not be over powering.  The convenious of it lasting an additional 15 min would be great.

I'd have to agree with this.  Ancient: Chaos Dominion would be money.  Just a simple increase from 9 for base SD to 10 for this, and an increase in timer, would make this one of, if not the, best spells of the expansion.

Ancient: Spirit Chaos is ok, and I suppose in line with how the old Ancient spells were, but it's not anything I'd go nuts over getting.

Would love to see this change.

miandaber

So where are "ancient" spells found? I know this isn't set in stone yet however how are ancient spell now found?

Quested?
Rare drop off UBER mob?
Miandaber
65 Feral Lord 90 AA's and rising!
Firiona Vie

Urim

With the old Ancient spells (that i think were introduced with the Velious expansion) they were dropped from NToV dragons, so i would imagine these would be dropped from one of the higher end raiding zones in GoD.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Murkk Dakruul

Pretty sure they were introduced in luclin and they drop in VT. Can't say for sure.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Tastian

They came out after luclin VT had a lot, seru could drop and in velious vulak could too as I recall.  I'm very curious to see how spells will be attained whether by adventure points or rune turn-in types or even boss mob kills now.

totania

Quote from: Murkk DakruulPretty sure they were introduced in luclin and they drop in VT. Can't say for sure.

Ancients were introduced with the Luclin expansion, but can drop from Vulak`Aerr, Seru, and any named in Vex Thal.  Ancient spell droppers will always drop at least one spell per kill.  Typically they drop 2 or more.

Aaryonar is listed as having dropped Ancient spells at one time, but likely this was when ancients were also dropping in Sebilis, the first week they were introduced into the game.  This was fixed in about a day, and rumor has it that those dropped spells were disabled so you couldn't use them even if they were already in your book.

The Luclin era Ancient spells are pretty much useless at this point in the game.

Member of Night Eternal

TerjynPovar

An Ancient spell that's better than Spiritual Dominion is just as useless as one that's an improved Spiritual Vigor.  I mean honestly, who from a raiding guild that can get Ancient spells (especially if these are 65 spells, as they appear to be.  Quarm/Phase 5 time god drop only anyone?) then why do you need an extra point of Mana Regen?  When you routinely run with 9 + Dominion + VoQ + Flowing Thought 15 does anyone really think you'll need one more point of mana regen?

No, what I wish is that the Ancient spell stacks with Brells and Ranger buffs.  That would make it worthy as an Ancient spell. :)
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

totania

Quote from: TerjynPovarAn Ancient spell that's better than Spiritual Dominion is just as useless as one that's an improved Spiritual Vigor.  I mean honestly, who from a raiding guild that can get Ancient spells (especially if these are 65 spells, as they appear to be.  Quarm/Phase 5 time god drop only anyone?) then why do you need an extra point of Mana Regen?  When you routinely run with 9 + Dominion + VoQ + Flowing Thought 15 does anyone really think you'll need one more point of mana regen?

I'd rather have 10 points of mana and health per tick from an Ancient SD than 9 per from regular SD.  More mana regen > Less mana regen.

Member of Night Eternal

TerjynPovar

Quote from: totaniaI'd rather have 10 points of mana and health per tick from an Ancient SD than 9 per from regular SD.  More mana regen > Less mana regen.

10 mana regen is not > 9 mana regen unless that extra mana regen actually makes a difference.

The Ancient SD might have a use while soloing/duoing, but that's not the point of Ancient spells...and 1 more mana regen would be worthless to any raid strong enough to acquire the spell, especially given just how much mana regen people in raids have right now.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Mahes

Quote from: TerjynPovar10 mana regen is not > 9 mana regen unless that extra mana regen actually makes a difference.

The Ancient SD might have a use while soloing/duoing, but that's not the point of Ancient spells...and 1 more mana regen would be worthless to any raid strong enough to acquire the spell, especially given just how much mana regen people in raids have right now.

This is kinda one of those things that can be argued into the ground.  What's the value of 8 raw attk when on a raid you either will use SoT or BSS, and the majority of the melee on the raid can buff near 2k attk?

Be it 8 attk, 40 hps, 1 regen, it's all minimal.  You could argue that 40 hps would have the most impact as hps are in a sense the be-all-end-all of a raid's success, but PoP has proven that 100 hps, much less 40, are a drop in the bucket.

As for attainability, Ancient spells have never been a game defining asset to the raid forces capable of gaining them.  If the new Ancients drop off the same level of mobs relative to the expansion, then you're in the same boat.

So in the end it comes down to what do you want?  A buff that will never be cast on the raid force capable of attaining it, or a point of regen that will likely never be crucial to the raid force using it?

Personally, yeah a SV that stacked would be golden, but we know that won't happen.  SV is, and will remain, the middle ground for SoT and BSS.  So allow me to adopt the "elitist" stance a second.  As a BST who's guild would be able to obtain this spell, assuming it's acquired like the old Ancients, and knowing that neither would be crucial to a raid, I'll take the extra regen for grouping and soloing purposes.

That's just my two cents.

Or, just give us an Ancient pet.  :wink: