Main Menu

Beastlord - Ancient: Spirit Chaos

Started by Urim, January 11, 2004, 12:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerjynPovar

Well, I don't disagree at all that a Spiritual Vigor upgrade would be pretty useless as well, that's why I started it with the Ancient SD would be "as useless", not more useless.

1 Mana regen is completely marginal in today's game.  I even have a Flowing Thought 1 item I rarely use...because I just don't need that mana, and I have another item with more HP and Vengeance II.  Guess what?  That's almost exactly the comparison we are talking about here.  Now I may be odd in the choice I made...other people may choose differently, but then that is their right. :)

An Ancient pet would be amazing, but can you just hear the Magicians now?
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Choppin

Guess how useful you regard a few more hps or atk or mana / hp regen is all about your mentality of min / maxing your character / buffs.

When all the tiny advantages come together - it might turn the tide.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Kitana

Spiritual Dominion is our class defining spell.  It is the buff that people ask for 98 times out of 100.  If people want hps they choose pally BSS and if they want atk then they go for ranger SoT. ..but when people think of beastlords, they think of paragon and they think of SD.

I would like to see our ancient spell be an upgrade to the spell that people use most often.

/vote SD

thanks,

Kita =)

CillianFV

I have got to say that I agree an Ancient version of Spiritual Dominion makes the most sense to me.  When other characters are around (Shaman, Ranger, Paladin) it is the one spell I can count on everone wanting.
Wildcaller Cillian Stonefang
Feral Lord of 65 Seasons

Murkk Dakruul

I agree, Ancient SD would be much better. I also like the ancient pet idea. :D
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Nalitra

For me, the extra 1 or 2 mana/hp regen would be icing on the cake...the cake would be extending the buff to last 60 minutes insead of 45.  

Nalitra

Tytallia

I would give anything for 15 minutes more on SD duration, even if it's only upped to 10 mana/hp per tick. Sooooo.... as a Beta beastlord do I just /feedback like mad about it? I'm not dumb enough to spam GM-Devs with tells so I guess /feedback is the only recourse. Hopefully I can simply get them to come here and read the opinions of everyone.

TerjynPovar

Now if the Ancient SD extended the duration, that's a completely different thing.  Of course that becomes more useful then.

Maybe my big problem is with this statement:
QuoteSpiritual Dominion is our class defining spell.

Spiritual Dominion shouldn't be our class defining skill, but so many people have no idea what it is that BSTs do that it often is.  Adding an Ancient Version of the same spell would just reinforce the belief that BSTs are only good for one thing, that spell.

Anyway, I'm not really disagreeing with you all here...I'd just be disappointed in getting a spell which is useless more often than it's useful.  Extending the duration would change things...another mana/hp per tick would not.

Bengali

Ancient Fero = Great
Ancient SD = Okay
Ancient SV = [censored]
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gennan

Well something was better than nothing ;)

QuoteAncient Spirit Chaos  

Date Change
01-12 02:08 Changed Durationtext from 1 hour(s) 12.0 mins to 3.0 mins @L1 to 1 hour(s) 12.0 mins @L24
01-12 02:08 Removed BST/62 from Classes

01-12 02:08 Changed Slot 3 from "Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Summon PC' and < 0" to "Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 1002"
01-12 02:08 Changed Slot 2 from "Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'ATK' and < 0" to "Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'ATK' and < 115"
01-10 02:38 Initial Entry

totania

Quote from: TerjynPovar10 mana regen is not > 9 mana regen unless that extra mana regen actually makes a difference.

I can still run out of mana chain nuking, dotting, buffing, chaining fero, and other such things in raids.  There is no known cap to mana regen bonuses from spells.  Therefore, 10 mana regen is more benefit to me than 9 mana regen.

Sure, if I have a bard singing mana regen and I'm on a horse, perhaps I wouldn't run OOM after doing all of those things at a raid, but our bards aren't just mana vending machines, and the only time I sit on a horse is when I'm hitting 3 people with fero and 3 with savagery at the same fight.

Member of Night Eternal

TerjynPovar

Sure you may run out of mana.  So what?  That doesn't change what I said in the slightest.  Just because I run out of mana doesn't mean that I need one more mana/tick recovery.

Just because you are OOM still doesn't mean that 10 mana regen > 9 mana regen, it depends on how badly you need that mana, and if you gave anything up to get that mana.  Giving up an Ancient SV isn't giving anything up, true.

Besides, 10 mana regen > 9 mana regen is inflating the issue for your side.  For most raids that can acquire Ancient spells when they are released it'd be more like 50 vs 49, which is a very miniscule improvement.  During downtimes I'd be surprised if you didn't have bard song from someone on top of that.

Look at it this way, that one more mana/tick recovery you are asking for would be an extra ferocity every hour.  If you're cutting raids close enough that an extra ferocity per hour matters to you, then I am truly impressed...as you guys are truly hardcore to cut raids that close.

Vorph

It's an 810 DD now.  Not sure why, since there's already a 742 DD.

I agree that an upgrade to SD would be much more appropriate than either this or the previous super-SV one.

tkyn

Hell, I'd settle for an Ancient Shrink that would let me get my damn pussy down to a more manageable size. Nobody, and I mean nobody likes a huge freakin pussy right in the middle of everything...
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan