Main Menu

Bst Shm combo questions

Started by Robath, September 18, 2005, 08:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robath

long time lurker first time poster =P

I have a 70 BSt 7.6k unbuffed hp upper time+ god geared  307 aa and an aquish geared shm 7.8k hp all spells 478 aa, ive succesfully boxed in many places but im having a hard time finding a good xp rate where i can quickly kill.
Places ive been:

Rcod, stonetooth camp, its ok , can do 3-5 but sinlge pulls can be tough as i dont want to spend the time to constantly build a pet for pet pulling, runes are the suck there for drop rates.

NC, i do the packmaster/bodybender camp , can do roughly 10 mobs before cycle starts again rune rate is ggood , 10-12 for a 5 hour session on a good day

Wos, swall , can do any named and trash save SH, rune rate is ok , but the amount of people fighting for mobs makes it tough

Ascent: can make it all the way to the top , adds are the suck, but i can do 4 mobs at a time if things get hairy, loot is practically non existant

Solro: can tear through this place like wet paper, on a good night 5-6 ornate drops that ill just ooc for 5k each when done , works perfect

Fire, c1 and 2 , easy but loot is low

here is my question,

in all these places i cant seem to break a 3% per kill xp rate, rcod is the most at 3% but the rest is usually 1-2%, are there any places where the xp rate would be ~4-5% duo? as well as loot that is worth it? runes would qualify as worth it so something along that level. I dont think there is much i cant duo, ive yet to try out mpg but from the experiances ive had i think i can take it. If there arent any zones where the xp is worth the downtime(eg if mpg givs 4-5% a kill but requires 3 min downtime then its not worth it if i can take another mob or two somewhere else). Basically im looking for someplace to get an aa every 45 min or less duo. Rcod is the closest, ut with mobs hitting near 900(named) i can do three back to back but require canni'ing down for a few min to do any more , i could get a pet up to pull with but the bst has to use a lot of mana t keep agro from the shm dots( shm has all the dot crits including dod ones) . Eg shm can do 3-4k a tick with 4 dots, thats a nightmare to hold agro with the beast but to make the kill rate good thats the best way ive found to compensate for  our dps level.

Ive looked on the boards and there are not many posts recently with todays zones and data the deal with the shm/bst combo( which imho is one of the most bad-ass combos out there) . i would like to try some instances like hates fury or unrest but i lack the computer ability to run a 3rd account, and i want to ba able to consistantly get to a zone to xp in instead of hunting around for someone to join group and afk for awhile. I havent tried much GoD content ecept reg zones, imagine i might be able to do KT trash and possibly named, but untested so untill i try i wont know.

If anyone has any new ideas and/or have boxed this type of combo before i would love to hear them. Im pretty new at two boxing, just got the Shm from a retired BoW friend of mine.

thanks