Main Menu

Well decided to try PoF C1 today

Started by Gunzak, December 24, 2005, 10:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickennuggets

In the process of trying to get flagged here... my guild not quite there yet, and open raids rarely if ever do mini's or allow piggies.  I wouldn't mind grinding in there... doesn't sound too bad at all.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Gunzak

With current gear I can only kill about 8-9 every 30 min as it takes about 2 min per kill and after 3 or 4 it takes 2-3 min inbetween to med up.  With Vet on I can make a little over an AA in 30min which is nice.  With a few more upgrades, pet offensive, healing AAs and a bit more defensive and this will go up.  I figure another 100-150 AA and this zone will be super easy for me.

I honestly prefer grouping in 69.1 Hard.  I can a full group of pet classes with a ranger or druid as a puller and I get 6% a kill with a full group compared to 7% a kill solo in PoF.  I can typically make about 3-5aa per mission here and very quickly with a great group.  With a high dps group I can make 3-5aa in about 2-2.5 hours.  Drops are worth 7pp-300pp, pages that can be sold in bazaar for up to 10k, random drops like 60hp augs, caster belts, melee necklaces with fero 1, etc.

I have probly made about 60-70aa in this mission alone in the last few weeks.  It's great as you don't need a healer or tank just need a kite group.  First pull is a little tough but you can either have a necro feign death it or have everyone in the group invis and then have the puller bring em near the zone line, snare one, and zone out.  The two non snared mobs will head back to the camp then you can just kite the third.

I am not sure what the minimum level is but I have brought level 65s here before and they made excellent experience.  A level 67 I brought here gained about 1% a kill and 2% reg with vet.  He went from 67 to 69 in one mission after popping vet aa.

Chickennuggets

I've kited that mission a bunch of times as well... and the exp rocks for the amount of effort.  Need to find something for solo times though, and thought fire was just as good a place as any :)  Have heard wonderous things about it.  Still no luck getting flagged... but some day soon I suppose.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

aye... that's the point... if u can get a crew together, 69.1 = hella great xp for the effort.

But then again, getting a group can't always be the easiest thing in the world... or ur feeling like a curmudgeon & just wanna solo some.  And for the effort involved, c1 is abt as good as it gets really.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chickennuggets

Lately I've been focusing on getting DoD groups together to try and get my progression done... still only have 68.1, 68.5, and 69.1 done.  Just can't seem to catch a break lately.  Solo has been trying to get through the stupid tier two DoN tasks... only need a few more Kirans now :wink:  Basically right now if its a group its to finish my arc, I at least want the 68 spell, solo will probably finish up tonight, and search for a piggie to get flagged for the good solo exp when I kill that last stupid goat.
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Maylian

Out of curiousity has anyone been experiencing or had problems with the birds warping to you in the middle of C1 as you kill? Had this happen to me twice now, once just one of them and then the other day I had 2....

Starting to get quite frustrating.

Kanan

this a recent thing?

I'd not had this problem up through last weekend (when the net got interrupted for a lil bit ><)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Gunzak

Well my gear has increased by quite a bit since coming here but I still lack the 70 pet and DoD pet.  With both of these and a bit more AA I am sure I can burn through quite a bit more in 30 minutes.  I have 68.1, 68.2 and 68.4 but am so far unable to get 68.3 and 68.5 to finish the pet.  I have finished 70.1-70.4 and 69.1 and 69.2.  Fully buffed with Conviction, Wunshi, SV, and the shaman sta buff I am just under 11k fully buffed.  After I finish raiding this weekend I plan to get another 15aa or so and start maxing my healing AAs.  Hopefully in two weeks I will have Healing Adept and Healing Gift both maxed.

Maylian

Well had birds agro another 2-3 times. Just had to turn my PC off as I became the permanent toy of Jaxoliz. Seems that it is randomly linked to mobs in C1 since they normally agro just after i've cleared the huts. Never heard of this problem before but its ridiculous and will try and /bug it. Couldn't unfortunately do this when I was charmed =/

Gunzak

Well I now have the 70 pet and 70 fero spells as well as a kick ass 1hb weapon from MPG Endurance Trial.  According to the calculator it added about 32dps.   I also have all healing AAs through PoP and the first levels of Omens.  I can't wait to try these out this weekend.  I was critting for 775 with my new 1hb and getting lots of regular hits in the 300 range so maybe I can down 1 or 2 more in the 30min time frame with vet on.  One thing I definetely need to do is purchase the 125tap from DoN and replace my current 75tap.