Main Menu

Priest of Discord soloed! and how I did it...

Started by Fornax Novae, January 11, 2004, 07:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fornax Novae

Ok, I soloed the priest of discord, mind you this fight took well over 10 minutes of prep and coming up with an idea on how to kill him as he is a CLERIC mob.

Mind you I don't have the best gear in the world nor the most amount of AA, to me this is a huge accomplishment as the PoD hits for 350 ish even WITH proctective spirit

Do the PoD in GFey.

First of all, buff your self with insane amounts of self buffs.

Engage PoD with pet ( good luck slowing him btw)

Heal pet until your mana bar is below 60% then go in and melee

Back off when you reach 50% HP heal up and engage again.

Your mana should be at around 70% when you back off again.

Back off and let pet beat on PoD some more, until you reach 40% mana then proceed to engage yourself (paragon now if you have it)

By now the pod should be at 50% or less so he will try to cast CH on himself MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T -- he did on me once and i nearly ran to pok book if it weren't for pet stunning him for the rest of the fight.

If your pet dies run around to the book.

The pathing is really $%^$ so it works somewhat of a mixed blessing ( he will try to heal himself folks)

If your pet is still alive, use your beastial frenzy on pod to burn him down a little. by now He should be running (he runs at 1% :P )

This is how I soloed him, good luck on it. He is one tough mofo.
Feral Lord                                                                   Fornax Novae - 70 - Beastlord - Luclin - Day of Reckoning

DiosT

This isnt the kinda info we want in the Library -- Library is meant for the truely good informtaional posts for almost all beastlords...

and Sony hates it when people attack the PoD :-P

Fornax Novae

Sorry, I am new and I didn't know what to put it under :) and I didn't know they didn't like it if you kill the PoD :(
Feral Lord                                                                   Fornax Novae - 70 - Beastlord - Luclin - Day of Reckoning

Argach

Doesn't PoD just respawn right afterwards? I killed him too, he was dual-wielding and it was pretty evil fight because it seems his DB is like 350 and DI really small so if he hits, he hits for nearly full every time. Once he starts healing it's easy tho', just slam his CHs, get him running and keeel!

Zorthar

jalcewhitefur

I solo the one in Qeynos on occasion.  There are several other things you should know.  

First, get your MR as high as possible.  This guy loves to nuke early on in the fight.  He has a huge mana pool, so he will nuke alot and still be able to CHeal.  

Secondly, dont fight him if he is dual wielding.  He doesnt normally dual wield, unless someone has gave him weapons.  He has a 2hb that he normally uses, the staff of discord.  When he is dual wielding, he is crazy powerful compared to the normal version.

Third, dont even bother trying to slow him.  It wont work.  No magic based spell I tried worked on him.  I pulled him initially with cancel magic to make sure I got rid of a buff if he had such.

Once he gets low on health he starts chain casting CHeal.  Maybe I get lucky but I have never seen he succesfully complete it with the pet and I beating on him.  

Good luck on the fight.  Its pretty cool to be able to beat him down.  The robe of discord is cool looking for players, but the stats are obviously crappy at the level you can solo this guy.  I usually give them to newb wizards in zone.  Its not no drop, unlike the staff.  :)

J

Kryq

You can slow him if you a) tash him and b) are insanely lucky.

I've done it once (and didn't kill him that time, heh) in about fifty or so tries.  Really not worth the effort, but never hurts to try once or twice after he is tashed, on the off chance you get lucky.

He has 32k hp, so it will be a long fight.

One good trick that hasn't been meantioned is to kite him around for 10 minutes or so - he will use all his mana nuking you, then you don't have to worry about him healing himself.

On the other hand, this means that he will melee to his death, which can be worse than just beating on him through the 10 second cheals and hoping you and your pet manages to interrupt him.  Again, tash stick will help rellic land - although you will be lucky to see even one land during the whole fight.  I've seen it happen though.

Another trick is to switch to the same side as your pet once he starts casting...if you push him far enough away from where he started casting, he will be interrupted.

Killing the PoD is one of those right of passage things - Something to brag to your guildies about :)

-Kryq

Kaktarr

Well,a 65 SK with 240 AAs and Vex-Thal armor got whooped cause guards aggroed em,i dunno how u did it without aggroing guards,but he was in aggro rang and did not get aggroed,then got PoD 5% down and guards aggroed and they hit hard,so he died,a group 50somthing 50 rangers could barely dent him,but the guards own him when he is bugged,so i dont think he is killable,or mabnye u killed guards first i just dont know.....
"It Really Is THAT Irrelevant"

Kryq

I usually whack the one in Neriak, as I'm passing through...no guards anywhere around, and the zone is just up the path a bit.

-Kryq

Essant

lmao .. well this is old info cos the PoD's moved and are probably unattackable now but all you had to do back then was FoL kite him.

hes 100% MR, but it sure pisses him off well enough, never even have to heal your pet.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Eatbugs

I've killed PoDs while bored a couple of dozen times now - while they have pretty high MR, they're no worse than Cliff golems in OT or King Kazon Stormhammer to slow. 10-15 casts will usually land one.  (Of course, that was pre-Omens - they may have upgraded them.)  They definitely weren't 100% MR.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal