Main Menu

Soloing for tribute loot / platinum

Started by Grizmaster, September 27, 2005, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizmaster

Wasn't sure if this is the right forum for this, but recently I finally dinged level 70 and got plenty of safety exp in so now I can focus on AAs, but I'm in a big bind now, I'm flat broke in platinum and needing to find a good solo spot to work on saving up platinum(mainly for healing X potions and gate potions).  Rathe Mountain Giants is the only spot I know of and that place is pretty much taken all the time.  Magelo info's a little out of date since it hasn't been patched up to work with current eq update, but I got my epic 1.5 now and just starting to get Time Gear or better, only got 127aas currently as well.

Also on tribute loot, anyone know of a good zone to go to that drops bazaar loot that can also give good tribute loot that I can farm?
Wildcaller Grizmaster

Essant

Best spots for tribute loot generally seem to be Kunark dungeons.  I personally prefer Droga.  It's all cash drops from the mobs, a lot of times up to 20pp per mob, and theres no vendor loot to worry about carrying around.  All you need to loot is the named drops that you want to tribute (and maybe salts and skins for Chardok faction).  Plus solo AA is not bad.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Shieara

PoHate is decent for cash.  Turn the armor in for gems and also you have a chance at epic MQ items. 

I have a friend who spends time in Seb for cash.  I'm not sure what he makes per hour, though he does solo Trak along with everything else.

I don't use much tribute, so I usually just solo a bit in GE if I need it.  I'm sure there are lots better spots, I just like getting some exp at the same time.

Nekokirei

Quote from: Shieara on September 30, 2005, 06:26:51 PM
I have a friend who spends time in Seb for cash.  I'm not sure what he makes per hour, though he does solo Trak along with everything else.

0.o

*solos* Trak?  good gawd.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Kanan

know some monks that do it.. he's only got like 32k hps, so you'll hear abt wizzy's doing it with 2 nukes soon.  The banish/summon yo-yo works pretty nicely ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar