Main Menu

Sol Ro

Started by Spennce DI, September 30, 2005, 12:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spennce DI

i got bored this morning and wanted to try and solo in Sol Ro tower. The first 2 roamers i got single no problem. Fighting them was no problem. but of course after that pulling singles to get any further in is impossible. So my question is this. I know to solo there for exp would require me to have to be able to take on 2 at a time to break camp. Has anyone had any luck in here? i was right around 10.5k hp buffed with only self buffs and conviction. im not full defensive AA yet and such. What type of HP/AC/AA will i need to take 2-3 at a time.  also will have 1.5 very soon so clicky might help a little.

Jatrulak

I was about 8k self buffed when I soloed there. Taking 2 at a time isn't much of a problem if you know what you're doing, but it did leave me fairly drained after the fight. You should have no trouble with your level of gear.
Btw dunno if you know or not but don't try to pet pull there, their aggro range is too big, or at least was when I last played.

Spennce DI

it was early this morning when i tried, i was tired and didnt feel like the hassle of a CR if i died so i didnt try 2 at once. i'll go back and give it a shot.

Kanan

should be able to.  Know a shammy who'd solo there regularly back when he was 65 still.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kherash

I suggest soloing Fire (if you have access). C1 is ez to solo with zero adds if done correctly. I'm only @9.2k in HP and I have no problem killing defenders.

As for Sol Ro, I never had the chance since I like Fire better. With your gear, I would think you can solo 2 at a time. I agree that the aggro range in Sol Ro is huge in comparison to other zones. Let us know if you manage it.
Kejah
75 Vah Shirl Beastlord
Prexus
SpiritWalker Guild

Chance favors the prepared mind.
Louis Pasteur

Utqnia

Any chance of doing this as a 7kish 70 BL with a 64 Druid bot?

No magelo really, but mostly higher end Bazzar things.  I could even 3 box if I had to, 70monk, 70 BL and 64 druid, but prefer just 2 boxing, cause 3 boxing is like work :)

Kanan

If you don't have slippery attacks, I'd actually recommend using a 2hb in there, bcs those guys riposte a lot.  I need to go back in there & mess around again for grins and see if I can farm some ornate.

Stupid tailoring habit ;p

Kanan

heh.. yesterday I solo'd in there.  tbh, the protectors are harder to kill than first c1 mobs.  On the first pull, the single pather, it got to about 20% before Legacy wore off.  I can regularly kill a c1 mob before the 90 sec slow wears off.

Also the silly agro range is annoying, and only that first pull really is a single.  The rest usually come in pairs =/  Got a runed word from a named I didn't know was a named, some gimp 35 hp, lousy ratio bow, and a random dropped ornate silk boot.  Not all that productive a time, esp considering that I think I spent like 2, 3 hrs in there and got like 1.5 aa.  But I'd been meaning to go back there & was hoping to get lucky on some ornate drops.  Didn't.. and the xp, silly agro range, relative difficulty, and poor rate of return = me not bothering to go back again any time soon ;p

Spennce DI

i started boxing a cleric recently, went back and cleaned house...now its too easy and suck exp. The PP is awsome though. good place to go make money from gems/ornate drops.

Kanan

aye.. duo it'd be hella easy, but i was interested in it mainly as a possible decent xp/cash farming site... and it weren't so great on either in the few hrs I spent there.  You'd have to invest a lot more time than I was willing to in order to see the good returns on the time spent farming.