Main Menu

Top 10 list(10-10-05)...

Started by Tastian, October 09, 2005, 07:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakaaba

Comments?

1: Savage Ferocity:
Attack at the mid to high end (1250+ atk) sees significantly decreasing gains, such that the benefits of this spell really aren't worth the huge cost anymore.  It's a shame because this spell line used to be a great limited but powerful single target buff.
Solution: stacking accuracy mod or other offensive mod (not DA because that would conflict with ranger buffs and its essentially capped for some)

2: Aura of Spirit
Mana and health pools have grown so much faster than the paragon line's upgrades that the spell is no longer noticed by many.  In addition, ooc regen has further trivialized the spell by destroying its secondary use as a downtime reducer.
Solution: Increase its duration or reduce the recast.

3: Taste of Blood
Doesn't stack with Unparalleled Voracity or Growl of the Panther.  Pet doesn't get kills because it's weak.  You usually don't pull fast enough to benefit at all.
Solution: significantly increase duration and damage mod, make it stack.

4: Animals
All animals not on a specific faction before TSS were friendly to beastlords, druids, and rangers.  TSS animals are only friendly to druids and rangers.
Solution: add beastlords to tree-hugger faction

5: Haste
Potions of Haste X last longer than celerity and do the same 50% haste.  All other hasters have gotten upgrades.
Solution: make celerity's duration scale by level ~(15 mins at level 30 -> 45 minutes at level 75)

6: Cures
Beastlords used to be pretty good at curing.  We got the best cure disease spell, but we've never since gotten any kind of upgrade to our cures.  Rangers have gotten every single cure they get at a higher level than beastlords get that cure, but with TSS, rangers just got a cure curse spell, pushing them far ahead of where they have always cured.
Solution:  Give all druid and shaman hybrids appropriate cure upgrades at appropriate levels.

7: Mitigation
During luclin, monk and beastlord mitigation was reduced.  Since then, monk mitigation was returned to its original value.  Several other classes have seen mitigation boosts, as well.  Beastlords still mitigate like druids.
Solution:  Restore beastlord mitigation to its original level.

8: Steeltrap Jaws
This spell is bugged.  If your pet has multiple procs and both steeltrap and another proc succeed at a proc check on the same round, only the other proc occurs, but a steeltrap charge is wasted.  Also, this spell does not report resists/fades to the user since it's pet based.
Solutions:
Best solution: Ask code to fix the proccing bug and add the ability to report resists/fades of pet based procs and appropriate filters.
Realistic solution: double the charges on steeltrap to make up for bug wasted charges and add a recourse to the pet which does nothing other than last exactly the same duration as the slow

9: Pet Survivability
Pet survivability is a bit better, but its still pretty much a joke to try to use a pet in alot of raid encounters.
Solution:  reintroduce mammoth hide guard (or equivalent) for all 3 pet classes, make it stack with spellbreaker's guard.

10: Raid Utility
This is a bit of a Meta-Problem.  As problems with many of our core abilities have appeared and increased with with time and inattention, general beastlord raid utility has declined proportionally.  Some would prefer that you invent some new utility and give it to us, and while that would be great, it'd probably be sufficient to fix our existing problems.   
Solution: If fero, perfection, cures, and mitigation are solved, this will be solved also.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Pakratz

Thx for making that list Hakaaba.  I like all of em except the animal thing that doesnt bother me in the slightest.  My top list would be more like:

1) Give us something that makes us useful on raids
2) Adjust our tanking to be more like monks and less like druids
3) Make /pet hold a default state rather than a toggle to be hit after every mob.  I know this is not a top item with alot of people, but it would overnight take away the fear of having runaway pets on raids. Having to hit /pet hold after every dam mob is like chinese water torture(omg did i forget to hit pet hold, better hit it again).  I would pay 25 aas for this, seriously, and make it mandatory for all pet classes in guild.
4) Fero - make it something juicy.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

hakaaba

i like the sound of those.  Though raid utility is kinda covered already by the first 9 :p

I had to think of a good synonym for neglect, cause i dont think that'd go over well, i think inattention works :)

dainfrol

Quote from: hakaaba on October 17, 2006, 06:38:03 PM
Realistic solution: double the charges on steeltrap to make up for bug wasted charges and add a recourse to the pet which does nothing other than last exactly the same duration as the slow
I don't think they can make a recourse that does NOTHING, but they could make a useless recourse to the pet like +1 CHA. That way we could see the slow hitting and wearing off. The only thing we would not see from that is weather or not the slow was midigated.

$0.02 from Xik. :)
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Khauruk

I like the list, but are these ranked in any particular order?  Most lists when you number them gain an assumed priority, and current #4 (animals) seems like it should be lower imo.

Also:
Quote1: Savage Ferocity:
Low high end gains from attack, too expensive.
Solution: stacking accuracy mod or other offensive mod (not DA because that would conflict with ranger buffs)

Note the bolded.  I'd change that to "not DA, because even at lvl70 w/ higher Ferocity foci, double attack rates on pure melee classes are at, or almost at 100%."  Something along those lines....lvl70 monk w/ Fero6 is at approximately 99% DA.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

hakaaba

they could give it in an invigor effect :p

Also, saying we don't want DA cause it would conflict with existing abilities sounds better and shows more thought than saying we don't want it cause its capped for most imo, although thats a very valid reason to not want DA. :)

i figure its best to give them the most options possible especially considering at this point, people would be happy with pretty much any fix to fero.

Honestly theyre in the order i thought of them in.  But i do think animals deserves a high spot on the list because:

1) its such an easy fix and
2) its something there is no argument against.

Khauruk

Quote from: hakaaba on October 18, 2006, 04:23:04 PM
they could give it in an invigor effect :p
/shudder

Also, saying we don't want DA cause it would conflict with existing abilities sounds better and shows more thought than saying we don't want it cause its capped for most imo, although thats a very valid reason to not want DA. :)
I'd include both then, probably.  Since regardless of the existing buffs, if they tossed that to us, it'd be just as worthless for us.

Anyways, thanks for the compendium Hak.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

dainfrol

Also there are still people who don't have DA capped. I don't think it is capped for most, maybee half.  I have no DA mods on me, and only first 3 ranks of DA AA's. Just hit 73 so my skill is now at 15 :).
I do agree, DA would not be a great addition to Fero because of stacking issues, but it would make sence because Ferocity mod on weapons is DA. /shrugs
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Khauruk

Quote from: dainfrol on October 18, 2006, 07:12:57 PM
Also there are still people who don't have DA capped. I don't think it is capped for most, maybee half.  I have no DA mods on me, and only first 3 ranks of DA AA's. Just hit 73 so my skill is now at 15 :).
I do agree, DA would not be a great addition to Fero because of stacking issues, but it would make sence because Ferocity mod on weapons is DA. /shrugs

Aye, beastlords, bards etc, don't have it capped.  But, our primary "targets" for Fero have traditionally been primary high dps melee classes (monk, zerker, etc).  They now effectively have 100% DA at lvl75.  While a DA mod on Fero would still be useful at lower levels/progression points, or for some other classes, this would gimp Fero at the Anguish+ game, which is getting increasingly huge.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Denti

By the way, you can see if Steeltrap Jaws is resisted or not at least in groups. You see what your pet is casting but if you do not get the spell landed message its resisted. However resists on steeltrap jaws are not that big an issue, especially if you have rank 2 and higher. The big issue however is the proc counting mechanism as that isn't working at all. At the moment i use steeltrap jaws as main slow in groups, however i cannot use my epic clicky with it anymore because the chance that steeltrap jaws procs is way too low in that case.

Anyway, Haaks post is pretty much spot on and probably should be posted on the SoE forum since i doubt any dev reads the stuff here.

Fightclubx

God'Damn Hakaaba that rocked thanks. amen brother well thought out.

also I love the idea of being able to either -- Choose your pet model, or even better (IMO for roleplay purposes -- at certain level's your new pet spell uses a bigger meaner looking model)

in general for all pet classes (like necro's got sorta) = lvl's 1-20 a small harmless lookin model, 20-40 a bigger slightly less harlmess lookin model etc etc

lvl 70+ could have some kinda epic lookin model that would be something I'd love to see.. and I cant see a problem in implementing new models, other then the work it takes to create them.

I know sooner or later we'll get new pet models, everything gets revamped somewhere along the line.. but i'd like to see this sooner not later /sigh

hakaaba

tast? do you want to post it for a bit more authority? otherwise i can do so.

P.S. i love that nobody blinks at the sentence: " Pet doesn't get kills because it's weak." :(

Timberghost

Quote from: hakaaba on October 22, 2006, 04:19:17 PM
tast? do you want to post it for a bit more authority? otherwise i can do so.

P.S. i love that nobody blinks at the sentence: " Pet doesn't get kills because it's weak." :(

Well, try it differently.  The new pet is stronger than the others, but how can you guarantee who the heck is gonna get the kill shot?  Any proc that demands that the pet get the kill shot is just not gonna proc.

BTW... unscientific, but my 73 pet, with the Qvic boots hits for about 150s.  Not half bad as an addition to our base DPS.

hakaaba

funny cause my anguish focused one hits for less than that.